The Ironic Ways The Target Boycott Is Backfiring For Conservatives

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
I loves me some wacko conservative religious folk.

Since conservatives launched a boycott of Target last month over the retail giant’s inclusive policyfor transgender customers and employees, they have successfully earned a lot of press for their efforts. Unfortunately, not much of that press has been good; in fact, opponents of transgender equality look as intolerant and paranoid as ever.

One of the main reasons the press has been negative has been the way many individuals have been inspired by the boycott to take their own actions at their local Target. Bible-thumping conservatives have been marching up and down the aisles or occupying the check-out area, candidly shouting their unfiltered rejections of LGBT people.

For example, the so-called “Radical Reverend” Ryan Simpkins entered a Target in Ontario, California this week to proclaim that he now “self identifies” as the new CEO of Target, proceeding to “fire” all the employees. In front of families and children, he condemned the store for “opening the door to pedophiles and sexual predators” and called everyone “sick twisted perverts” who are “going to die and go straight to Hell.”
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/05/04/3775201/target-protest-backlash/

Last edited by a moderator:

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

pretty much how I feel.
[doublepost=1462375853][/doublepost]
I loves me some wacko conservative religious folk.

Since conservatives launched a boycott of Target last month over the retail giant’s inclusive policyfor transgender customers and employees, they have successfully earned a lot of press for their efforts. Unfortunately, not much of that press has been good; in fact, opponents of transgender equality look as intolerant and paranoid as ever.

One of the main reasons the press has been negative has been the way many individuals have been inspired by the boycott to take their own actions at their local Target. Bible-thumping conservatives have been marching up and down the aisles or occupying the check-out area, candidly shouting their unfiltered rejections of LGBT people.

For example, the so-called “Radical Reverend” Ryan Simpkins entered a Target in Ontario, California this week to proclaim that he now “self identifies” as the new CEO of Target, proceeding to “fire” all the employees. In front of families and children, he condemned the store for “opening the door to pedophiles and sexual predators” and called everyone “sick twisted perverts” who are “going to die and go straight to Hell.

http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2016/05/04/3775201/target-protest-backlash/
screw him, and his horse.

Reactions: hulugu and tunerX

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Was at target yesterday with my sister and my niece and nephew. No crazies there. We keep our religious right wing nut jobs in their place here in Jersey. :D

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Going down less than 5% is a "plunge"? I think you might want to work on your definitions. I might call it a small dip. What do you call Apple's 15% drop in the last month alone? What about the 10% drop in the same time frame as Target's drop?

I can't believe that people are so worked up over something that has been going on for decades with no problems. Conservatives apparently just have to have something to cry foul over at all times, even if it has never affected them before. It's astonishing.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Going down less than 5% is a "plunge"? I think you might want to work on your definitions. I might call it a small dip. What do you call Apple's 15% drop in the last month alone? What about the 10% drop in the same time frame as Target's drop?

I can't believe that people are so worked up over something that has been going on for decades with no problems. Conservatives apparently just have to have something to cry foul over at all times, even if it has never affected them before. It's astonishing.
You'd think they would have learned a bit from this primary.

thewap

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2012
Oh please, spare us the Christian hate group propaganda. Their stock didn't plunge, it went down a few bucks like hundreds of other stocks as the market has been volatile this year.
Couldn't care less actually...but you knew that didn't you.:D