macrumors P6
Original poster
Jun 22, 2009
USA

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Not to worry to much. John Koskinen the head of the IRS (an Obama hold over) will now be fired and replaced.
Definitely. Whether you believe that the IRS is right or wrong here, one thing is certain. Koskinen just started the clock on his inevitable termination.

Still, it’s interesting though. The IRS is defying the president by following the law. Weird situation.

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
We agree on something. Fire them all and start again with term limits
No Trump supporter wants this. I doubt very seriously the GOP gets a majority in either the house or the senate if you re-elect everyone today.

The swamp gets “drained” and the next three years are a lame duck presidency.

Then again, since he has done absolutely nothing thus far, I guess it’s possible that his presidency looks no different either way.

duffman9000

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2003
Deep in the Depths of CA
Before anyone starts talking about filth, ever visited PA? There are probably some nice people and places, but wow what I saw was a total dump. It's like layers of salt crust had built up on buildings and everyone double parked.

Tech198

macrumors G5
Mar 21, 2011
Australia, Perth
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/20/obamacare-battle-becomes-a-battle-of-trump-vs-the-irs-commentary.html

Trump vs. the IRS
  • The IRS is now saying it will not accept tax returns that omit filers' health coverage status.
  • That seems to be in defiance of President Trump's order.
  • This hurts Trump's efforts to gut Obamacare, but still gives the White House the perfect opponent in the unpopular IRS.

I am sure @jkcerda is going to love this ;)
When *isn't* Trump in the news.?

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/20/obamacare-battle-becomes-a-battle-of-trump-vs-the-irs-commentary.html

Trump vs. the IRS
  • The IRS is now saying it will not accept tax returns that omit filers' health coverage status.
  • That seems to be in defiance of President Trump's order.
  • This hurts Trump's efforts to gut Obamacare, but still gives the White House the perfect opponent in the unpopular IRS.

I am sure @jkcerda is going to love this ;)
And? The IRS takes on DT every year. The specifics vary but he is in that category the IRS always looks at. This year is no different.
Besides, at his level, health insurance is "Send it to my Accountant".

Huntn

macrumors demi-god
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Such is the state of political discourse at this time. It's not enough to disagree with someone over policy issues, they have to be vilified. Just as POTUS does.
Flashback to Slimey Newt, actually Trump is taking a page from the 3 decade long GzOP standard of character assassinating political opponents they have policy differences with.

Rhonindk

macrumors 68040
Oct 3, 2014
watching the birth of the Dem WTH Party
Um - this isn't the IRS going after Trump and his finances... :/
That's what I get for reading news and not your link :eek:

The IRS will lose this - besides, there is no real penalty.
Love the "out" the IRS left:
"Returns filed on paper that do not address the health coverage requirements may be suspended pending the receipt of additional information and any refunds may be delayed," the IRS said.
Emphasis mine.