The Israeli government and IDF are actively helping al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh terrorists

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Jess13, Dec 13, 2015.

1. Jess13, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Brand new piece in the Daily Mail corroborates earlier reports from the United Nations, Israel-based Jerusalem Post and the pro-Israel Wall Street Journal.

Daily Mail

December 11, 2015

Saving their sworn enemy: Heartstopping footage shows Israeli commandos rescuing wounded men from Syrian warzone - but WHY are they risking their lives for Islamic militants?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rian-warzone-risking-lives-sworn-enemies.html

Almost every night, Israeli troops run secret missions to save the lives of Syrian fighters (terrorists), all of whom are sworn enemies of the Jewish state.

There is no doubt about the danger involved. Many of the casualties rescued by Israel belong to Salafist groups (radical Islamic jihadist terrorist groups) who harbour a deep-seated hatred of the Jewish State. It has also been reported that some may be members of Jabhat al-Nusra, a Syrian group affiliated to Al Qaeda that has kidnapped scores of UN peacekeeping troops in this area, and has massacred Christians deeper in Syria.

In the three years that Israel has been running these operations, it has saved the lives of more than 2,000 (Note: see Jerusalem Post same number) Syrians – at least 80 per cent of whom are male and of fighting age – at a cost of 50 million shekels (£8.7 million).

'I work with the Syrians all the time, I see and hear bad things,' he said. 'Many of them said bad words to me, that they are going to kill me, they are going to fight with the Christian community, when they are safe they will fight against Israel.

'They have destroyed churches and Christian communities in Syria (Note: And beheaded and murdered Christian children.) I have to care for them, it is my job. But if I'm sitting with myself, I say no, it is not right for Israel to treat them.'

Asked about the fighters' promises not to fight against Israel in the future, he said: 'I don't trust any one of them. They grew up believing Israel is their enemy, Israel is the devil. You can't change their minds by taking care of them for two weeks.'

Others, however, believe that Israel is also pursuing more hard-headed geopolitical goals. 'Above all, Israel wants to prevent Hezbollah from gaining control on the other side of the border,' said Michael Stephens, Research Fellow for Middle East Studies at the Royal United Services Institute (RUSI).

'The Sunni militants are fighting Hezbollah, so for now they share the same objectives as Israel. That's why we're seeing this odd cooperation between people who would be enemies under any other circumstances.

Significantly, an Israeli spokesman confirmed that no medical support has been provided to any militants from the Shia alliance (Translation: Israel ONLY helps the al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh radical Islamic Sunni jihadist terrorists.)

MailOnline is allowed to film on condition that the militant is not asked his allegiances. (Note: Because their allegiances: al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh)

Jerusalem Post via Wall Street Journal
    March 13, 2015

Israel treating al-Qaida terrorists wounded in Syria civil war

http://jpost.com/Middle-East/Report...da-fighters-wounded-in-Syria-civil-war-393862

Nusra Front is the Sunni Muslim al-Qaida offshoot currently fighting the Iranian-backed axis of Assad and Hezbollah

Israel has opened its borders with Syria in order to provide medical treatment to Nusra Front and al-Qaida terrorists wounded in the ongoing civil war, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Since the outbreak of the Syrian civil war, which has claimed the lives of upwards of 200,000 people, Israel has provided medical assistance to nearly 2,000 Syrians (and “Syrians”).

The Wall Street Journal quoted “an Israeli military official” who said that most of those treated were armed rebels (i.e. radical Islamic jihadist terrorists) fighting the regime.

“We don’t ask who they are, we don’t do any screening,” (right, the IDF just lets any-old Muslims into Israel) the official said. “Once the treatment is done, we take them back to the border and they go on their way.

Jerusalem Post via United Nations
    December 7, 2014

New UN report reveals collaboration between Israel and Syrian rebels

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/New-UN-report-reveals-collaboration-between-Israel-and-Syrian-rebels-383926

The new documents show that Israel has been doing more than simply treating wounded Syrian civilians in hospitals.

Now, a report from the UN Disengagement Observer Force (UNDOF) reveals that Israel has been working closely with Syrian rebels in the Golan Heights and have kept close contact over the past 18 months. The report was submitted to the UN Security Council at the beginning of the month.

This and a few past reports have described transfer of unspecified supplies from Israel to the Syrian rebels, and sightings of IDF soldiers meeting with the Syrian opposition east of the green zone, as well as incidents when Israeli soldiers opened up the fence to allow Syrians through who did not appear to be injured.

Israel’s health ministry says around 1,000 Syrians have received treatment in Golan hospitals, but maintains that only civilians are treated. The UNDOF report, on the other hand, says they have seen Israelis treating civilians as well as insurgents, including members of al-Qaida and Islamic State.

What War on Terrorism!?

This is not the policy of the general Israeli public, who don't support this. But it is the policy of the Israeli government and IDF leadership: Israelis actively helping al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh terrorists who violently rape, torture, murder and behead Muslim and Christian men, women and children.

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Human lives matter. It's really just that simple.

3. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Yeah, al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh terrorists who violently rape, torture, murder and behead children, those radical Islamic terrorists' lives matter. Oh, whoops, no they don't. Israelis are helping al-Qaeda and ISIS.

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

This is an utterly irrelevant and meaningless response to the topic.

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

How do you figure that? You see someone who needs help. You are not currently engaged in a conflict with that person, so you help them. It's not like the Israelis are opening up hospitals for ISIS, or

6. Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

Actually, that is precisely what Israelis are doing: Treating al-Qaeda and ISIS terrorists in Israeli hospitals.

7. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Yes, but it is a humanitarian effort. It's not like they hang out a sign for terrorists. As I hope you understand, you can't look at a person and tell he/she is a terrorist. So you treat them as humans and push on.

I suppose you (the respondents in this thread, thus far) all agree that Muslims should no longer be allowed entry into the US....

8. Jess13, Dec 13, 2015

Jess13 thread starter Suspended

Jess13

I suggest you actually read those pieces, because you clearly haven't. The al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh terrorists are all outside Israel's borders, Israeli special forces go outside Israel and rescue them then bring them into Israel and treat them at Israeli hospitals. They are not deserving of rescue. They are TERRORISTS who violently rape, torture, murder and chop the heads right off of women and children. Smarten up.

Would you support Iran doing the same? You damn sure wouldn't.

9. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I suggest you read pieces from other sources, or perhaps talk to a few people in the IDF. You'll get a very different perspective.

On that, I'm outta here cause our minds are made up.

10. Jess13, Dec 13, 2015

Jess13

No you're out of here because you have no argument and won't answer the Iran rhetorical. *wink wink*

11. sim667 macrumors 65816

It was in the daily mail, I'm sure they really took the time to get all their facts straight.

Although whilst I don't believe it, it's not worth discussing until there's a better source than the daily heil

12. Jess13, Dec 13, 2015

Jess13

MailOnline was embedded with IDF, Israelis trying to do damage control. Read the piece, when you finish, read the two Jerusalem Post pieces from: The Wall Street Journal and the United Nations.

13. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Then why does Israel have a history of treating their own Israeli Arabs (yes, they are Israeli citizens but non-Jewish) inhumanely?

And yet here is evidence that the Israel Army goes out of their way to prop up and assist likely terrorist/Islamist fighters?

The previous posters are correct. Israel does seem to have an agenda here. It's not like Israel is simply being "humanitarian" in these cross-border efforts. If Israel's government truly wanted to act humanely and compassionately, they should start by looking inside their own borders, and treat Israel's non-Jewish citizens better.

As far as The Agenda is concerned… it doesn't surprise me. Israel clearly views Syria's Assad (alongside Iran) as its greatest enemy. That's no surprise since Israel and Iran/Syria governments are arch-enemies. Hence, Israel does its best to prop up and bolster the jihadist rebellion trying to collapse Syria's government. And Israel smiles even more any time those Sunni Islamist-rebels manage to collaterally kill a few Iranian commanders (who are defending their regional ally Assad).

Yes, it's clearly an agenda. But not a very surprising one. The enemy of Israel's enemy is their friend.

14. vrDrew macrumors 65816

I think its a pretty good example of how geopolitics in general, and in the Middle East in particular, are complicated. Far more so than can be reflected in a slogan printed on one of Donald Trump's trucker hats.

Yes: The al-Nusra front are associated with al-Quaeda. But not really the same al-Quaeda that bin Laden organized. Think of it more like a brand extension or franchise operation.

As far as the Israelis? It wishful thinking to believe the Israelis are doing this out of humanitarian concerns. They are doing it because they don't want the Iranian-backed Syrian groups to take control of a country on their northern border. And if that means making an arrangement with a group with al-Quaeda in its name: don't expect the ever-pragmatic Israelis to balk at that. Just don't expect that little fact to get brought up the next time an Israeli Prime Minister comes to tell the US Congress how terrible Barack Obama is.

As far as the US is concerned: We have next to nothing to fear from Iran. Iran isn't interested in sponsoring domestic terrorism in the US. The al-Nusrah front (the al-Quaeda guys in Syria) aren't really interested in launching terror attacks against us either. ON the bad side of the ledger, the do plan on making Sharia Law the rule in areas they control. But I struggle to see how this is that different from Evangelical Christians who want to put the Ten Commandments on the wall of every classroom and courthouse in America.

So - its complicated.

15. Happybunny macrumors 68000

This is a classic case, of the motto of the whole region.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend"

It's why this whole conflict is so confusing.

16. sim667 macrumors 65816

"Embedded" in daily mail terms, means they gave them a go pro.

I commented about this on another politics forum, and basically got laughed at, seems I wasn't being quite as stupid as they made out.

17. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

What Happy said

Israel isn't a combatant and they believe doing this is in their self interest. If you think they're wrong I'd offer them your council, I mean Israel so far has been helpless securing their borders.

18. sim667 macrumors 65816

Some places are reporting that IDF units are fighting alongside ISIS units, however those sources tend to be written on right propaganda websites, and by whack jobs......... I can't help but think theres no smoke without fire though, so we'll see..... and if there's any country thats horribly untrustworthy that the west is in bed with, its Israel.

19. lowendlinux Contributor

lowendlinux

Once you realize that Israel will do what is necessary to defend Israel without exclusion you than use that strength to your benefit.

20. Jess13, Dec 14, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2015

Jess13

If you had taken the time to actually read the Daily Mail piece instead of offering your uninformed opinion on it, you would have never posted that response. For example, you'd have read how MailOnline journalists INTERVIEWED terrorists in Israeli hospitals. Further, this isn't singularly sourced from Daily Mail, you could read the two other linked pieces from the Jerusalem Post via The Wall Street Journal and the United Nations Disengagement Observer Force. I have some other links, as well, such as a related piece in FP (Foreign Policy). You being laughed at is irrelevant and negates nothing. ;)

The Israeli Gov/IDF actively helps al-Qaeda and ISIS/Daesh terrorists who behead children:

The Blood of the Innocent: Syrian Children Murdered and Christian Girl Beheaded

21. sim667 macrumors 65816

I have read it.

And I don't believe it's untrue, however in any circumstance I'd be worried about using the daily heil as impartial source of information.

You seem to take issue with the fact I distrust the paper, rather than the issue at hand. But let's not forget that this is the paper that once described an 8 year old child as a "leggy beauty".

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And, increasingly, turkey.

23. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

And the paper who supported Hitler.

24. sim667 macrumors 65816

The paedophiles and fascists choice.

The two do seem to go hand in hand in the UK, paedos and fascists.

25. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

ISIS, Trump, Israel, evil Turks, al-Qaeda, Iran, Hitler and paedophiles......all together on the first page in the same thread! All that's missing are a few posts announcing the whole situation would be resolved by a good guy with a gun if it weren't for gun control.

That Israel is doing this is a story that's been around at least since last winter......but apparently it didn't get enough attention so Israel felt compelled to get the Daily Mail to run the piece, and you wouldn't be reading about it if Israel didn't want you to. So the question is; who does Israel want to see these reports?