The item you tried to buy is no longer available

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gasport, Oct 16, 2010.

1. gasport macrumors 6502

gasport

I have had this happen before. A previously purchased app is no longer available in the US iTunes store. When you check for all updates, the unavailable app will appear on the list with all the available ones. If you click on Download All Free Updates, you get the message "The availability of the item has changed. The same item may be available with a different price or elsewhere on the store". In the past I would always delete the app from the device and also from the iTunes Library. This would eliminate the problem. This time I have an app called Note Hub that I assume the error message refers to as Apple, in its wisdom does not tell you in the error message. It is nowhere on my iPhone, iPad, nor is it in my iTunes Library in the App folder. I only assume iTunes checks the list of apps purchased via the store and shows them as updates once one becomes available. I have twice contacted iTunes support and followed all their instructions, which basically said to de-authorize the iPhone and then authorize it again. Same problem.

I can download manually, but have no idea how to get this app removed from my purchase list. Apple support seems not to comprehend what the problem is and keeps sending me canned responses with links to the Apple web site which have nothing to do with my particular problem.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to get this fixed? Unfortunately, I live quite far from an Apple Store so, until I am in the area of one, I have to try to resolve this myself.

2. gasport thread starter macrumors 6502

gasport

Problem partially solved. Seems two things happened. I did in fact purchase the App back in September but under a different name. The developer released a new version and renamed it. It had a bug and the developer pulled the app. He has resubmitted the app to iTunes store and is waiting for approval. The way Apple handles updates is still in dire need of improvement.:mad: