The 'it's 3 pm and still no phone' thread

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dasams, Sep 21, 2012.

1. dasams macrumors member

dasams

Got out of bed at 1245 last week to order a black 16GB. Delivery quoted as 'by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)' which is UPS Next Day Air Saver.

Since it's being delivered to my home, the 3 pm doesn't apply and delivery is only guaranteed by end of day. And of course wifey has to be taken out to happy hour which means I'll miss the delivery. Signature on the door, fingers crossed :eek:

Anyone know why some got the morning delivery? :confused:

2. steemax macrumors regular

steemax

My tracking said it went out for delivery at 7:31 AM, and I'm still waiting, it's now 3:43PM PST :( Watched two UPS trucks zoom right by my house within the last 20 minutes.

3. Orien macrumors regular

Orien

Mine went out for delivery at 3AM and it's 3PM now, nothing.

4. iRabbit macrumors 6502

How about it's 6:50pm here on the east coast and I'm still waiting for UPS to come with one of them...

5. PerPlekz macrumors member

Dude seriously? put your woman in check man!

If my wife told me we had to go, and my iphone was coming, I would be like YO, HOW ABOUT SIT DOWN.

Of course I would have a hemorrhaging wound in my neck from a steak knife, but at least my sweet phone would be in my hands

6. chillstatus macrumors member

Said out for delivery at 8:30am. 4PM now, still waiting!

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

8. Joewat64 macrumors regular

9. nostresshere macrumors 68030

ROFLMAO

People were here all so freakin sure that next day air, etc meant they would get their phone by 10:30.

Of people that believed their emails saying it would be by 10:30.

Still ROFLMAO

10. Copefree macrumors member

Just called Fedex and the customer service rep told me "this won't be delivered until tomorrow." She then asked "are you expecting a new iPhone?"

I just about blew up!!

Said it will be delivered tomorrow (saturday) between the hours of 8 and 3. Absolute effing BS. I asked why and she said because of the incredibly high volume of orders they weren't able to deliver by end of day today. I said it's shown "out for delivery" since 6:46am this morning.

I am sooooooo pi$$ed off right now. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!!! All effing day I waited around for this *****?!?!

EDIT: That lady was an idiot - FexEx just showed up!!! Have faith people!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. kendu2412 macrumors regular

UPS said : By the end of the day .

Got my : 3:48 PM

12. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Fun times

13. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Mine showed up at 6pm EST. UPS has until end of day so could be as late as midnight(latest delivery I've ever gotten was 10:30pm)

14. bollweevil macrumors 6502

I got my phone at 9:17 AM

What kind of third world country do you guys live in? Jeez. Do they have sewer systems where you live, or do you just poop in the street like the mules?

15. Joewat64 macrumors regular

4th largest city in the US

16. ryanp1000 macrumors newbie

I was supposed to be able to pick up my phone from will call this morning. Went in and they had no idea where the phone was in their warehouse, they said maybe it got onto a truck for delivery on accident. After complaining to UPS and getting in contact with the hub manager, they still have no clue where the phone is. It has an arrival scan at the local hub, but past that point it's somewhere in the abyss. They said there was a chance it got onto a truck for delivery accidentally, so I'm hoping for the best. As of 4:22 pm pacific no phone though :(.

17. tobiasfunke macrumors newbie

Texas counts as the third world.

You might not get your phone today, you'll get it tomorrow. Get over it. My UPS guy said he had 42 to deliver today and he has to get signatures for every one. They're UPS drivers, they're not Superman.

18. portishead macrumors 65816

My 4S wasn't delivered until around 9pm, so it may be a while for some. UPS still hasn't delivered my 5, I figure it's going to be a couple more hours or so. I'm just hoping ATT support is still open so I can activate it.

19. six.four macrumors 6502

people need to realize how crazy of a day it must be for UPS and fedex.

they're probably making many more deliveries than normal- hence the delays

20. Dennis187 macrumors regular

Dennis187

My iPhone came just after 10:40am, commitment time was 10:30am. :p

21. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Only 10% of people got Iphones before 1030 am and they said that I was wrong:rolleyes:

22. themoz macrumors newbie

Still haven't received mine either. Hope I still get it tonight.

I decided to have it sent to my box at the local UPS store. My home address is at the end of the UPS route and I never get packages until very late here anyway. I thought, "The UPS Store can sign for it. It's a business so it'll be there before 3 pm (They actually told me their deliver usually comes in around noon), and it's a UPS STORE so what can go wrong?".

Woke up this morning an the UPS website says it's "on truck for delivery", good news. Noon comes and goes with no status change. 3 pm comes and goes with no status change. Now it's almost 5 pm, no status change.

I call the UPS Store to see if they've received their shipment for the day, and they confirm they have. No iPhone for me. They give me the toll free number to the local UPS hub and I call them. After being put on hold for 5 minutes, I'm told miraculously the UPS store is their not stop. LUCKY ME. What's odd the UPS Store told me UPS trucks only stop there once per day. So a second stop seems old, but ok. <smoke blowing>

It's now been another 45 minutes and still no call from either the UPS hub or store. No status update on the website. Next stop my ***. It's either on the truck in another part of the city or at the UPS hub and their making a mad dash back to the UPS store to correct their mistake of not dropping it the first time.

At this moment I'm not sure all the timing will come together to get it in my hands today. The saga continues.

Repeat in a calm voice, "it's just a phone, it's just a phone, it's just a phone"

23. Joewat64 macrumors regular

Frankly I don't care about their problems. They knew this day was coming and could have had more drivers.

----------

The 3rd world? What country are you from?

24. close2reality macrumors 6502

this is why i get up at 4AM every launch and go deal with a few hours in a lawn chair, because you can't trust pre-orders...every year theirs issues with it.

25. KimMelton661 macrumors 6502