The Ituness/Iphone yellow "Other" bar of Death

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by deceptichop, Aug 14, 2013.

1. deceptichop macrumors regular

In the words of 9 visits to the Apple store "the absolutely WORST case of the yellow death/ghost bar we have seen."

Yes, and I'm not exaggerating here.

This is technically an Itunes issue, but it affects my Iphone. I posted this in the Iphone area as well, but no help.

It started with my purchase of the iphone 5. I bought it about 2 weeks after the launch. I have the 16 gig.

and because of the yellow "other" bar in Itune's summary, every 4 weeks I have to TOTALLY restore my phone is a new iphone. Can you imagine!??

I back everything up before I restore, but can you possibly IMAGINE doing this every month!!!?? And if this continues, the SAME ***** will happen with my upcoming 5s.

I have restored my phone every which way 30 + times now.

I have had EVERY Iphone since 2007, until now, I have NEVER had this issue.

After the apple store couldnt fiqure it out after 3 visits I:

I have since replaced my hard drive in my MacBookPro, TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have since wiped out my 140 gigs of Itunes, then re downloaded it all. Took me over one month to do that.

So after 9 visits to the Apple store, they FINALLY gave me a BRAND new replacement Iphone.

and yes, STILL the yellow bar of death.

I am CONVINCED that there is a corrupted file SOMEWHERE in my 140 gigs of Itunes. It is NOT an app. I have wiped out ALL the apps. It is either a mp3, or video file.

So here is my question to the group, is there some kind of 3rd party software that I can use that will FIND this corrupted file???

Apple says that they do not have any such software.

Thank you very much in advance

2. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

Try this: http://www.gfisk.com/other-data-on-iphone-the-yellow-bar-of-death/