The Jews--God's Chosen People

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by GodBless, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

This is a continuation of the discussion about the Jews as God's chosen people on this thread. For all continuing discussion on this topic please don't use the other thread--use this one instead.

2. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

In the interests of not getting banned I have changed my message to, GO AWAY!

3. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

nice one, it would have been worth the ban:cool:

4. Queso macrumors G4

Please stop polluting MR with this nonsense. This is not your personal ministry.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

I personally find the idea of chosen people or the correct religion to be idiotic. If there is a god, which I doubt, then they should only care how you have lived your life, not who you worship.

6. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Wow--this seems like a touchy issue to you--don't worry I won't bite--I'm here to help you--and more importantly so is God.

7. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

go away seriously no one cares, your just annoying people

8. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Good I'm not alone in this--you posted too.

9. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Apparently, it is. :(

10. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I can't believe in an idea that says "You shall not murder." Exodus 20:13 on one page and says "But bring those enemies of mine who didn't want me to reign over them here, and kill them before me." Luke 19:27 on the other.

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
    JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them.

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
    ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

11. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted--you're part of this too. Plus you came to the religious section so you came to what you asked for. If you are annoyed by then perhaps I can change my approach to cause healing instead of irritation--I am open to good advice on my approach.

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Here's a bit of gospel for ya...from MY Lord: George Carlin.

13. bartelby macrumors Core

Now, I've been one to have a go at the religious types on MR before. But I have decided to try not to do that any more.
    GodBless may have shown us a doorstop of a computer but he's at least he's putting out ideas, and learning new apps. Which is more than some of you have done.

If you don't want to read his thread, then don't read them. You all know what the content is going to be. GB also shifts the religious aspects to the PRSI threads when asked, gladly in most cases.

No, I'm not a convert to religion. I've just decided to try and be more tolerant.

14. Queso macrumors G4

Well at least you've done the decent thing and started a thread in the religion forum rather than foisting your delusions of rapture onto those only interested in discussing Apple hardware.

However, in case you didn't get the message from your previous threads the only thing you gain from this constant haranguing of the forums is to turn many against your religion entirely and upset other Christians on this board. If you feel you want to make the world a better place go and volunteer at a homeless shelter or something. They (and most of us) would respect you far more for doing that.

(Just in case a mod clears up the mess left in the referenced thread, this post is in response to a unrequested sermon given by the OP to posters who were previously discussing iMac design ideas)

15. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

And a bit more for those in the audience:

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Ladies and gentlemen, fellow worshippers, tonight, I read to you, a passage from the Book of Slayer.

"religion is hate, religion is fear, religion is war!"

Amen :D

17. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

AMEN!!!

18. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Oh, and I have to ask, how in the holy hell (no pun intended....i think?) do we go from talking about an iMac concept to Jews? Are we also Apple's chosen people to lead the PC users out of Windowsland?

20. Turkish macrumors 6502

That's the root issue.

We were talking about iMac design and GodBless decided to interject his own dogma into the discussion for no real reason. This is the real problem most people have with him - the little off-topic religious quips in his posts outside the PRSI forum.

No one really wants to hear about your personal belief system, but you're bound and determined to save everyone, which bristles most folks.

21. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

thank you, i agree

22. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

lol, yep. I started reading the thread and figured out wtf's going on.

Some people never learn :rolleyes:

23. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

Anyway to get back on topic,what do you people think Jonathan Ives has up his sleeve for the iMac, a retro model carved out of stone perhaps?

24. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

A Jew on the discussion that inspired the beginning of this thread's existence commented about a topic that led me to respectfully remind him that he, along with Albert Einstein, is a part of God's chosen people. Other people started responding so I started this thread to keep the other one on track and to make room for this conversation to continue. Apparently some of the post on the other thread were removed (refer to the moderators note on the bottom of post #212 on the other thread)--the moderator(s) should transfer the deleted posts to this thread but without giving any reasons the moderators haven't.

25. Silver-Fox macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.