the joy of building a computer stolen away by vista!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jamesi, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

when i got my powerbook before college started, i swore never to return to the world of windows. I had been working as IT help at a local junior college and was just so sick and tired of troubleshooting computers that should work fine

anyways, i finally cracked and decided to build another pc so i could play games. installed legal bought copy of vista premium and the first night its up and running i get 4-5 error messages, 2 of which requiring me to repair the windows installation. its just like i remember, frustration and then finally a brief grace period before going downhill again.

but this isnt just a rant, oh no. ive never appreciated my pb and OS X so much. every time my pc acts up, i need only swivel my chair 30 degrees and its back to nirvana.

have a splendid night everyone

2. janey macrumors 603

janey

awesome.

cause the only time i've ever had that much trouble during and after an OS installation is when I wanted to tripleboot gentoo with xp and vista.

I'm guessing the hassle would be the same on my MacBook, hence why I just do bootcamp with XP and run everything else in vmware.

3. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

lol i dont understand... i dont understand why it doesnt install properly. i dont understand why its so unstable in that respect. i dont understand why (to me) any windoze OS sucks.....ive had the most terrible experiance with them.

4. weckart macrumors 68040

1. Faulty motherboard leading to hard drive corruption and eventual failure
    2. Bad RAM - does not cache properly. Gives random errors and boot failures.

etc...

You could Google for more culprits, but this is the price you pay for building your own. You have to carry out your own QC, and we know how good Apple has been at that lately.

5. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I couldn't have put it better myself ..... other than perhaps to add ...

Windoze is boll*cks and OS X is the dog's conkers !! ..... :):)

Mac's & OS X rule ... OK .. :cool:

6. Osarkon macrumors 68020

Osarkon

If you're getting that many error messages on a clean install, you most likely have some dodgy hardware in there somewhere.

I know when I did the same I couldn't even get Vista to install at all - found out the brand new hard drive was dead.

So in all fairness, it probably wasn't Windows' fault...

7. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i couldnt agree with you more... osx is clearly the winner.. imho it just really is

wouldnt happen on a mac machine, not the install thing.. cauz its already on every mac u buy :)

8. Cfour macrumors member

Cfour

I love Mac OS X, its fantastic (and fast)
    If I can help it I try and stay away from Windows but then I do appreciate that for the most part its an OK OS.
    I just rather be on my Mac :)

Cfour