The last time I cried was in 2008 (at the end of Marley & Me.) Streak ended.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by b24pgg, Apr 18, 2012.

1. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I liked the video....... Thank god I didn't watch it at work! :)

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

That made you cry, OP? While a nice video, I didn't cry.

3. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

well first of all, why does P&G just sponsor moms as they flash the tide logo? really?!? I do the laundry and I'm not a mom. Seems a bit stereotypical.

Back on topic though, that wasn't worth sad or happy tears. Though Marley and Me does get me every time.

4. b24pgg thread starter macrumors 65816

You people are monsters!

5. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Great movie til the freaking end. Tear jerker for sure.

Toy story 3also had a good ending

6. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Not a tear jerker for me, but a great commercial. I'm not a parent either though - maybe that has something to do with it.

7. Surely Guest

Surely

Lucky all those kids ended up winning when they got older. Otherwise, that commercial would have gone nowhere! ;)

A nice commercial, but not cry-worthy. And I'm a parent.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yeah, I didn't see anything to cry about either.

9. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

"Cry worthy" can depend on the person. It didn't seem that cry worthy for me. But if the OP thought he/she was sharing a great cry-worthy video with us, then that's cool. It's the thought that counts.

10. tobefirst, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I liked it. Thanks for sharing. My fiancée cries every time she watches this video:

11. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Like it, but this is the only video that puts tears in my eyes every single time. There used to be a better quality video, but:

Christian the Lion

Whitney Houston's "I Will Always Love You" pretty much seals it. Ugh, drying my eyes yet again.

12. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Tide
    Pampers
    Gillette
    Duracell batteries...hmmm.

Nah, not a tear-jerker for me.

13. MorphingDragon, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

Nah, no tears from me. It's provocative and emotive but there's just something missing to bring it all home. It's a story about personal growth, so its not like its unrelatable. There just seems to be a lack of reason to care about the characters.

But,
    [​IMG]

14. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Agree completely ^^^

It touched OP, and that, in itself, is moving.

For me, however, trying to sell me stuff by pushing emotional buttons is manipulative...not an expression of sincere emotion.

But again, the fact that OP was moved and wished to share his/her experience is a nice thing.

Thanks...:D

15. MorphingDragon macrumors 603

MorphingDragon

My videos, let me show you them:

YouTube: video

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Nice video, thanks for sharing.
    Maybe I would have cried if you had not forewarned me. I was trying to keep a straight face. :)

17. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

First, in the name of full disclosure...I have almost no experience with 3D animation (hope that's what it's called). I have never watched any of the animation movies of the recent past.

In short, I know dick about them as an art form.

That said, I was certainly impressed with the quality of the visuals. I'm amazed at the visual quality of the animation so closely resembling live action.

It was interesting to watch, thank you for suggesting it and supplying the link.:D

18. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Everyone is affected differently by what they watch. I watched the movie Titanic in a theater a few years back and many of the people in the audience were crying. I myself was getting annoyed by the movie from the lead actress constantly getting in and out of the lifeboat and wasn't sad at all during the film :D.

When it comes to me, I have to admit that I find some anime to have much more effect on my emotions then films ever have. Netflix has an excellent catalog of streaming anime (unlike their catalog of streaming movies) so I have watched different anime series. I'm currently finishing up with Shuffle which essentially ended up being a love story. I started watching it thinking it was a comedy but I stuck with it even though I didn't like the first few episodes and after it wasn't what I expected. I thought that episodes 13 - 15 and 19 - 24 (There are 24 in the series and each episode is 24 minutes) were emotionally powerful (especially episode 19 when the series turns very dark). I highly recommend watching it if you want to see anime with great character development (Disclaimers: a) It's rated MA so don't watch it if you are not supposed to. b) Like I said, it's essentially a love story without combat / fighting.) You can actually get most of the story by watching episodes 1, 2, 7, and 18 - 24 (1, 2, and 18 weren't that great but are necessary). Episode 19 is amazing. Also, if you watch the entire series, episodes 13 - 15 are very good.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Hah, that ending was awful. Just cheapens it.

I agree it's a well made advert (up until the end), not something I'd like to see again due to it's length and fairly ham-fisted message. No tears.