The latest Seton Hall Guantanamo Report

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by abijnk, Dec 7, 2009.

1. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I have heard of this name before, Seton Hall, but I hadn't actually read any of the reports from them until I saw this article on Huffington Post this morning. It makes me hope that the Obama administration starts getting more serious about this thing (or, at least more vocal about it) and that it comes to a swift end. This is the sort of thing that makes me embarrassed for my country.

HuffPo Article Link - by Scott Horton
    Seton Hall Guantanamo Reports Link - There are now 11 reports out, but several other things linked on their site.

Thoughts?
    Anyone read more of these reports?
    Anyone seen or heard more information on the administrations efforts to close the prison?

EDIT: For those who like to derail threads here is an explanation of my links: I am 100% aware that HuffPo has a rather extreme liberal bias, which is exactly why I included the name of the author of the piece (so you can do your own research there) AND (pay attention here) the PRIMARY SOURCE.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Sounds like they were really serious to die :(.

3. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

It all sounds pretty fishy, but this is the part that really tickled my BS detector:

The Navy actually says they did this to themselves? Not without some kind of "help," I suspect.

Just curious, who commissioned Seton Hall to do this study? I'm wondering if it was the government or the military.

When it comes to courts and the legal system in general, the military has always had its own set of rules, more or less - and this makes it sound like they're taking advantage of that fact. I'd like to know more about this.

4. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Indeed; mostly because of this...

:rolleyes:

5. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

Neither, as I understand it.

From wikipedia

I'm sorry, you must have mistaken this for a thread in which you pathetic attempts at humor are appreciated. You are welcome to comment on the content itself, but otherwise GTFO.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

....so says the man who uses Rush Limbaugh and Faux News as a source :rolleyes:

7. Shivetya macrumors 65816

LOL, attempting to discredit someone's claim that HP is not a valid source of information by tossing out others?

WOW, some of ya'll barely made it past the merry go round this morning

8. abijnk thread starter macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm sorry, you must have mistaken this for a thread in which you pathetic attempts at humor are appreciated. You are welcome to comment on the content itself, but otherwise GTFO.

9. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

10. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

At first I was like :confused:
    But then I was like :p

11. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ok... what gives...

Attached Files: