The latest stupidity from Fox "News"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Check out the graphic at the bottom (next to the Fox "News" logo).

[​IMG]

Never underestimate how childish, vindictive and petty the geniuses at Fox can be.

2. macfan881 macrumors 68020

3. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

McCain's wife ............... that is one cold looking mamacita. :eek: I have noticed that John-boy and Sara, seldom appear together now, without 'Rosemary's baby', one-step back, and directly in the middle of them. I guess she knows first-hand how John feels about 'vows'. :rolleyes: She must have some fixation for father figures?

4. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

I am so sad we don't get such quality broadcasting here :( Why can't I be brainwashed ? WHY??
    I'm not foolish enough to think our news sources don't have bias but I think fox takes the cake in that department...

5. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

What was the context? Or did that helpful little graphic just pop up like some pseudo-subliminal message?

Of course, at this point I don't see many Fox News fans reading the NY Times. This is actually one of the things that worries me, it's becoming increasingly difficult to talk to my Republican friends because we're getting our news from completely different sources at times.

6. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

You can have Rupert Murdoch back if you want.

7. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

Fox news channel has just crossed over into political satire. They lost their credibility as a news agency a long time ago. I like CNN but I still prefer ABC, CBS, and NBC as their shorter news programs allows for just the facts and little commentary and fluff. And Fox has taken fluff to an art form. It should be called the Fox opinion channel. :)

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Did anybody watch the new Family Guy ?

Brian and Stewie are sent back to the time of Nazis and as he walks out with this SS uniform on ( he's dressed as Hitler ) the camera zooms in on a button that says "McCain/Palin"

Funny stuff.

Fox is a paradox.

Attached Files:

9. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

I would assume that they were reporting on the front-page hit piece that the New York Times ran on Cindy McCain last Friday.

10. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

They were, but...a hit piece? Really??

I know the McCain campaign got all huffy and indignant about it too, but take off the red-colored glasses and read the article objectively. It's actually pretty sympathetic. I get the picture of a woman kind of frail, out of her element, attempting to cope with the harshness of Washington politics. The stuff about the pills is, well, factual, and lends to the sense of problems she's had to strive to overcome.

Really, this is no "hit piece", and the affronted face that the McCain campaign put on is nothing more than cheap political theatrics.

11. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

You believe that the New York Times ran a front-page story about Cindy McCain to express sympathy for her.

OK.

12. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

No, to profile someone who might become First Lady (though that prospect is diminishing).

13. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

That's nothing.

Fox did a segment about how Sarah Palin's photo wasn't retouched on the cover of Newsweek. I can hear the woman's rights movement taking three or four steps back.

14. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Actually, I thought it painted a pretty good picture of their relationship and was fairly sympathetic to the plight of "outsider" wives. It definitely wasn't a hit piece.

15. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Unfortunately I can't cancel "What the FOX?" News from my TV subscription without canceling the whole thing. Kind of unfair...

16. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

The woman's rights movement took a few steps back the moment Palin, who hilariously describes herself as a "feminist", was chosen to join McCain on the ticket. She is awful for women, which explains why women overwhelmingly support Obama.

17. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Tell me about it. As a foreigner who knows American TV through individual shows rather than the networks that make them, I watched The Simpsons and Family Guy for many years before I'd even heard of FOX News. It was only after 9/11 and the 2nd Iraq war that I gradually became aware of their agenda and bias, and their gallery of crazies like Hannity and Bill-O.

Since then, watching Simpsons and Family Guy makes me feel dirty, when the credits roll I get this compulsion to take a shower.

18. bobr1952 macrumors 68020

bobr1952

OMG--what a joke Fox news is--that is so silly.

19. toontra macrumors 6502

Wow. I've never watched Fox before so I didn't know what all the fuss was about. I do now - truly, deeply scary.

20. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

That's a false dichotomy, there's really quite a bit of middle ground between hit piece and lovefest.

The NYTimes piece takes it's shots, but I wouldn't call it a hit piece. The Rolling Stone article on McCain, now that's a hit piece.

21. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

They got bent out of shape because NEWSweek (i.e. not FASHIONweek, or PORTRAIT-RETOUCHINGweek) DIDN'T retouch a close up, and you could see all the "unwanted facial hair, pores, and wrinkles that every person has". I thought she was trying to appeal to those exact same people? What better way than "Oh look, I have the same kind of stuff going on with my face as the rest of you, but I still look 'hot'"?

And of course, they claim that the Obama covers are "obviously retouched". Suddenly they're experts on photo retouching...

22. donga macrumors 6502a

donga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIWTB8POnkg

23. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

I don't care what you guys say... this is HILARIOUS! Can't believe that you all can't admit it.

24. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

mayb im missing something, but where is the humor in that?

25. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I guess its funny in an "OMG, there are people in this country who actually listen to Fox News" kind of way...