The Laugh is Back! Hillary Clinton cackles like a psychopath during CNN interview

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Apr 6, 2016.

1. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

2. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Oh look....it's another day so that means it's another post from aaronvan complaining about Hillary. It has become as predictable as the sun rising. Whatever would you talk about this election season if Hillary wasn't in the 2016 race? (Besides Transgendered people voting of course).

3. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    You have to admit, it was a pretty creepy laugh.

4. chown33 macrumors 604

Still waiting for the flying monkeys. Disappointment.

5. Robisan macrumors 6502

6. FieldingMellish, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016

FieldingMellish Suspended

So inappropriate. Not only the hideous cackle, but the buggy, glassy eyes during the bob and weave of that inflated head as she was scoping for the precise point within which to let loose that cackle. Like the practiced defensive weapon it is. Berserk is an adequate word.

Someone needs to make a creative clip pairing that countenance while facing various world leaders. One in which we see Putin's eyes glancing about to ascertain where the exit doors are.

But for now, there's this.

7. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Hillary is paying the price for decades of living a thugs life, concealed as an ordinary looking white woman.

Bubba looks positively harmless compared to his wicked career criminal spouse.

Yet make no mistake, they're both exemplary examples of the huge financial rewards available to professional political operatives named Clinton.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Given your comments on transgendered people over the religious freedom laws, I'd say you have said some pretty inappropriate things yourself! Oh the irony.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

Stick to the thread in which the discussions are taking place.

10. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

Her laugh should be the alarm tone we blast at North Korea across the DMZ.

11. Scepticalscribe, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

You know, over the years, the vast number of and wide range of things that people (usually male people) find to criticise about a woman in the public space astound me. These complaints invariably take the form of finding fault with the physical appearance, in essence, with the very sight and sound of the woman, rather than what she says, does and stands for.

Historically, many men have had huge difficulty with any woman expressing herself in public, and, in some countries they have still huge difficulty with women even being visible - or having any sort of independent agency - in public.

In public, women were expected to be demure, docile, and above all, silent. Ladylike meant restraint, never being uninhibited, especially in public. Best of all, invisible, and unheard. Women's voices have long been criticised, (the adjectives are almost invariably critical) and now, a woman's laugh is a source of faux concern.

Personally, I always found G W Bush's smirk a source of great unease.

Find fault with Ms Clinton's policies and politics: Then, I would merely disagree with you, but would not only agree with, but defend, your right to argue along those lines.

However, criticising her laugh is on a par with many of the other criticisms: They are the product of a really rancid sexism, pure misogyny, as they are aimed at her person, not what she stands for.

12. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I find fault with both her politics and the way that she carries herself and acts towards her very own voters, donors, and volunteers.
    If this were a discussion about her merits and a politician and world leader then certainly those positions would have been asserted and said, but rather this is simply one of the many things that I am not particularly fond of her for.
    What next, we can't say her nervous cough fits are 'nervous' because that's 'sexist' get real.
    Her laugh, cough and words are part of her rhetoric, if you cannot handle her rhetoric being questioned or remarked upon then maybe reading commentary on Clinton isn't for you. She's a politician first, who so happens to be a woman, and when anything directed at her is just blatantly categorized into misogyny I take issue with that gross mischaracterization.

13. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I disagree.

Even given a lower register, her laugh would still come across as defensive and unhinged.

Bush's smirk, Trump's "Il Duce" chin lift, and Cruz's dead eyes each make me uneasy. And, Sanders tends to snarl.

That's not misandry.

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

No, it is not a question of 'get real'.

Rather, it is the fact that when a woman practices her profession in - or plys her trade in- or works - or has a presence in - the public space, this is not what she is judged on. Rather, she is judged on the fact that she is a female doing these things, rather than a CEO, or someone who works in politics or the media who happens to be female.

Many, if not most of the criticisms, of a female politician, or journalist, or CEO, are focussed not on how she does her job, but on some of her physical features, such her laugh, her hair, her voice, her weight, all of which are found wanting. None of this would apply to a male, who is not judged in terms of his physical attributes, or as a male, but in terms of his capacity as a politician, lawyer, journalist, CEO and so on.

I repeat, criticise Ms Clinton as a politician, not as a woman. One is legitimate, the other is - frankly - sexist, and cheap. Because, anyone who criticises Ms Clinton on the basis of her laugh s someone who does not like the sound of a woman's voice in the public space.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 7, 2016 ---
    Seriously, society doesn't give women permission to be angry in public, and nor does it condone uninhibited genuine female laughter in public. Indeed, women's voices are barely tolerated in public.

These are deeply rooted prejudices, - it is very instructive to read them - and could do with some examination.

Now, Mr Bush's smirk made me uneasy, but that is because he was George W Bush, prone to starting strange wars without due or just cause, not because he was a man.

15. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

I guess the people calling Trump orange, an orangutan, commenting on his tan, size of his hands... just doesn't exist in your world.
    I guess people don't say Ted Cruz looks like a lump of pudding, a dog fish, the Zodiac Killer etc....
    I guess the people who made fun of Rubio's ears akin to that of Dumbo, are just not real.
    I guess no one ever commented on Bernie's hair, his hands, or how he 'yells'
    I guess no one ever mentioned that Lindsey Graham has a girls name.
    But when it is at Clinton it is 'misogyny', you can sell it, but I'm not buying.
    It happens every day, for males and females alike but when it comes to someone saying it about a woman, it is against the rules all the sudden.

16. Scepticalscribe, Apr 7, 2016

Scepticalscribe

I'm not American, I'm from Europe, so I view your elections from afar. And yes, (or no) we don't quite do that level of vitriolic debate This Side Of The Pond.

Besides, my own background is somewhat political - I am interested in policy formation, and this is how I judge candidates.

Now, I dislike Donald Trump because I think he stands for policies that - if implemented - would be surreal in their deranged and unexamined insanity. The overt vulgarity of his persona merely disgusts me, while his attitudes to women appal and horrify me.

17. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Hillary's shrill, hysterical, lunatic laugh sounds like a psychotic harridan about to castrate her cheating husband.

18. Scepticalscribe, Apr 7, 2016

Scepticalscribe

I get it. You don't like her laugh. I doubt you like the sound of any woman's laugh.

What is the male equivalent of 'harridan'? What is the male equivalent of 'shrill'? These are words that could not be used about a man, and hardly any man would be criticised for laughing in public.

But you agree with some of her policies, - the ones that are thoughtful, sane, intelligent, informed, compassionate - don't you?

19. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

The same thoughtful policies that killed 200,000 civilians in Iraq, and countless others. The same policies that gave 80 fighter jets to Saudi Arabia even amoungst very high protest from the Human Rights Council. The same policies that are thought up by lobbyists and the big business interests that fund her campaign?
    The same policies that she as First Lady touted as the best legislation to ever hit the books but now runs on to repeal?
    The same policies that saw the deportation of families for 3,5 and 10 years? The same policies that said we needed to send back migrant children to the certain death they were facing in Central America to "send a message"?
    The same policies that have taken the wealth from the middle class and turned them into the working poor?
    Yeah I don't see much compassion or intelligence there.

20. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Such as NAFTA? Repealing Glass-Steagall? Invading Iraq? TPP? Defense of Marriage Act? Bombing Libya back to the Stone Age?

No, I can safely say that I disagree with every one of her policies.

21. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

The 'cackle is back'?

If you are going to judge somebody on there mannerisms, take a look at the GOP candidates... eeewwww

22. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Aaaah. Excellent. A debate about public policy. Very well done. See, that was easy.

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Curses, I've been played like a Stradivarius.

No argument there.

24. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

However will you survive the next 8 years if she wins?!? It'll be constant daily torture for you....but maybe there's a 12 step program for Hilary haters that can help you? :D