The Law that Donald Trump *is* violating

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by bradl, Mar 10, 2017.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

You could easily turn this around and ask what laws is he *not* violating?!? :confused:

No, not Emoluments Clause... yet, though those trademarks in China are close, as well as an example of what has been mentioned since he ran for POTUS..

No, not collusion with Russia... yet, though if that is proven to be true, that can be tantamount to treason, which is definitely impeachable.

No, in this case, it is Presidential Records Act, which states that all Presidential and Vice Presidential records created on/after January 20th, 1981, are owned by the people and must be preserved..

So what is the problem, you ask? Simple: the POTUS's and vPOTUS' tweets are such records that must be preserved, and Donald Trump has been deleting tweets he has been sending; something of which Congress is calling him out on.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-tweets-archived_us_58c1a8d3e4b0d1078ca51126

And for those who think that this is just fake news from a left wing site, the Washington Times has been saying the same:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news...d-break-fe/?utm_source=RSS_Feedutm_medium=RSS

And if one is really going crazy about this being some left wing vs. right wing drivel, an international source is showing the same thing:

http://www.inquisitr.com/4048175/do...-stop-deleting-tweets-could-pose-a-violation/

Now, before people also go on about Obama doing the same, the POTUS twitter account is set to auto-archive all tweets. So with Trump using, of all ironies, A PRIVATE ACCOUNT, to send out these tweets, he is definitely violating the law. And additionally, before someone goes on about Hillary deleting email, doing as one says and not as one does is no excuse, as the legality still comes under scrutiny.

Perhaps Trump should go looking for his own deleted tweets instead of worrying about someone else's deleted email; in short, get your own yard cleaned up before complaining about someone else's.

BL.

2. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

3. zin macrumors 6502

I do have to laugh at your priorities. 33,000 emails on a rogue private server, under subpoena, deleted, with tens of thousands of them (at least, the ones the FBI could recover) work-related, and not a peep.

Perhaps a dozen public tweets deleted because of spelling errors (and then posted immediately after): lock him up!

Investigate him and charge him if he intended to break the law.

4. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

You say definitely? Lol. How is it definitely so, counselor?

5. bradl thread starter macrumors 68040

bradl

So it's okay if he does it, just because it's a "few spelling mistakes"?

Like you just said, I do have to laugh at your priorities.

Perhaps you should direct your question to Congress, as they are the ones also stating this, and sending a nastygram to Trump about it.

BL.

6. noekozz macrumors 6502a

noekozz

Not a peep? What rock were you living under for the past three years. You know how much time and money was wasted in all those investigations and public hearings?

Last time I checked our president had a penis, I'm just sayin.

7. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Where did congress claim he definitely violated the law? I missed it. Please direct me.

8. zin macrumors 6502

What does the last sentence of my post say?

9. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Aren't you glad he didn't take the lefts advice to stop tweeting. I mean without that you all would have one less thing to complain about.

11. tgara macrumors 6502a

tgara

What's funny is that his "private" @RealDonaldTrump account has 26 million followers. Trump hits the Send button on his Tweet and 26 million people see it immediately. That's hardly what I call private, and trying to link it to a private email server is laughable. Twitter is the antithesis of private. I'm sure one or two of those 26 million followers work in opposition research and might have an archived copy of his misspelled tweets the WH could borrow. :D

This is a big nothing-burger. Institute an auto-archive scheme and move on. Nothing to see here.

12. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

13. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

He shouldn't have even been elected. He should be in jail for having violated the Cuban embargo. But no one seems to do anything about that. The man is given far too many passes on everything.

14. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Who won the election?
    Who should have been elected?

15. zin macrumors 6502

Maybe because your evidence was a Newsweek article with a screenshot of a letter that doesn't even prove anything? In fact the story is so flimsy that it only appears on Newsweek. Not even CNN chose to run it because Newsweek and Kurt Eichenwald are pathetic jokes.

16. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

You shouldn't give much thought to what Kurt Eichenwald writes.

17. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I think this only applies to official government records. Twitter is considered a private/commercial entity.

18. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Anyone honest here will say neither choice provided was an unblemished one. There were issues with both the major party candidates as well as the third party ones. A really pathetic election.
    --- Post Merged, Mar 10, 2017 ---
    Not true. I remember CNN talking about it as well. I didn't see anyone in the Trump admin refute the story either.

If Trump is found guilty of something, I don't think you'll be able to handle it Zin. You have built things around Trump so much, I fear your world will come crashing down.

19. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

20. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Because they are all crazy fringe candidates who have no chance. And there always is a period between the end of the primaries and the conventions where they get a good amount of coverage, and it doesn't have much of any effect on their poll numbers.

21. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They got too much coverage. I mean when the most newsworthy thing about your candidate is the fact that he didn't know why Aleppo had meaning......:D

22. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Jill Stein put the cray in cray cray.

23. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

How crazy can she be when she sucked thousands of people out of money to support her "investigation" into the election?

24. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Fair point. Many of the were Hillbots too. :p

25. dogslobber macrumors 68020

dogslobber

What did Hillary actually do?