The Leader of the US, is not smart

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by ViperDesign, Mar 29, 2018.

1. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I know this has been said many times and I am sure some believe he is, but the man is not smart. I think he is con-man smart, street smart, but book smart, intelligent, zero, nadda, I don't think so!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ch...gnoring-republican-obstruction-195911637.html

The man talks crap about Obama leaving so many vacancies, yet it wasn't even his fault they were like that, it was the Republicans fault. I want Bush back

2. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Well, I wouldn’t go that far, although he’d be a definite upgrade from what we have now.

It’s been mentioned before that Trump is a perfect example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. The man is so stupid he doesn’t even realize how stupid he is.

3. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

I’m not sure how much of it is stupidity, and how much is just having had it very easy, and having spent his whole life surrounded by people whose job was to tell him how smart he is.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

He hates Obama. He'll blame him for anything. It fires up his base. If Obama had cured cancer, Trump would make the cure illegal.

5. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

At least he doesn't misuse commas :D

Now you go dig up a tweet to prove me wrong and your day will get that much better.

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Decades from now, when people are studying the history of this period, there will be a sense of collective shock among students when they see that American voters went from electing and reelecting an intellectual, president of the Harvard Law Review, Constitutional Law Professor to electing an idiot game show host as president.

7. samcraig macrumors P6

Reminded me of this...

8efc884645ae338db9d3755a656bde6c.jpg

8. Adam Warlock macrumors regular

Adam Warlock

LOL! I love how, even a year later, a certain segment of zombie followers who imagine themselves educated, intelligent and progressive still feel something terrible the sting of being defeated by someone they consider stupid and contemptible. :D

9. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

People still think there is one leader of the country? The struggle is real :D

10. chagla macrumors 6502a

chagla

well, what can you say... deplorable population (got duped) outnumbers intelligent ones.. result -> orange leader. such a tragedy really.
    logic, truth ? nay!
    guns, bible, freedom fries and burgers? yay!
    just so happens that obesity is a southern/mid-western problem. perhaps health insurance is costing a fortune because of unhealthy population?

11. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The man who was going to drain the swamp, instead fills the swamp. The man who complained that Obama took too many vacations, every frick’n weekend goes to Mar a Lago. The man who loves to reference Crooked Hillary, makes her look like a Saint (I don’t regard her as a crook, btw). The man apparently has money, but it’s been reported he’s blown big deals, and he’s a prodigious liar.

If you gave me a choice W or Trump, I’d pick W, but I would never want W as President.

DONALD TRUMP'S MANY BUSINESS FAILURES, EXPLAINED
    http://www.newsweek.com/2016/08/12/donald-trumps-business-failures-election-2016-486091.html

Lost contracts, bankruptcies, defaults, deceptions and indifference to investors—Trump’s business career is a long, long list of such troubles, according to regulatory, corporate and court records, as well as sworn testimony and government investigative reports. Call it the art of the bad deal, one created by the arrogance and recklessness of a businessman whose main talent is self-promotion.

Self admitted liar
    He is also pretty good at self-deception, and plain old deception. Trump is willing to claim success even when it is not there, according to his own statements. “I’m just telling you, you wouldn’t say that you're failing,” he said in a 2007 deposition when asked to explain why he would give an upbeat assessment of his business even if it was in trouble. “If somebody said, ‘How you doing?’ you're going to say you're doing good.” Perhaps such dissembling is fine in polite cocktail party conversation, but in the business world it’s called lying

Donald Trump's 13 Biggest Business Failures
    https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/donald-trumps-13-biggest-business-failures-20160314

12. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Or perhaps, if we’re going to salvage the country at all, we’ll finally realize that being smart, elegant, and a fantastic public speaker doesn’t mean jack **** and will stir up reactionaries IF YOU IGNORE THE ACTUAL ECONOMIC CONDITIONS FOR THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE COUNTRY. Full employment doesn’t mean **** when you’re population is mainly employed by below living wage jobs.

He pulled an FDR (saving capitalism from itself) without the sense to put people to work in public service jobs that pay a living wage. Basically just saved the oligarchs and pretended that trickle down under a Democrat isn’t trickle down.

13. samcraig macrumors P6

No doubt there needs to be middle/common ground

14. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

This is a case where the winners (Trump fans) are just as much the losers, as Hillary fans. Trump’s caustic nature is like an AOE (area of effect) attack that burns everyone within range. The huge sting is the realization of just how stupid we collectively are to elect such a sad excuse of a human being as POTUS.

15. ViperDesign thread starter macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

I couldn't vote for a person like trump. No frickin way. I just hope both parties put out better candidates next time.

16. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

Conservatives and Liberals are so divided that no one worthy will run for president. I consider myself a moderate conservative and was hoping that there was a better candidate than Trump, but all I will say is I wasn't going to vote for Hillary. What I don't understand is some Liberals/Conservatives think they are so much smarter than everyone else, yet I laugh at the comments and the pictures they post. This has the opposite effect on me that tells me that this divide between the parties will last a long time. I can see this country being bottleneck for the next 20 years and because of this nothing gets done. While this is happening countries like Russia, China, North Korea, Iran, etc... will be taking advantage of this bickering and we'll be paying the price in years to come.

17. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Obama was as middle ground as they came. That’s the problem.

18. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Perhaps healthcare costs so much because ObamaCare mucked everything up! Look how many states only have a couple insurance companies to cover the entire state, and I believe a few only have one. No competition=charge whatever you want.

I am a Republican, and I blame Republicans for not being able to repeal ObamaCare. The swamp really does need to be drained on BOTH sides!

:apple:

19. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

I’ll point out that as distasteful as Hillary is to you, if not readily apparent at the time of the election, in hindsight she would have been about 100x better than Trump.

That said, if she had won, the GOP would have spent 100% of their effort to neutralize/destroy her, not govern. And look at Trump, we have without a doubt a disaster residing in the White House, yet in this case the Republicans choose to hold their noses and try to work with him. Not consistent in their standards, politics rules! :mad: Sometimes I wonder if we are doomed, and just not smart enough to realize it. :oops:
    --- Post Merged, Mar 30, 2018 ---
    Middle ground is unacceptable to the Right (such an ironic label under the circumstances). :oops:

20. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

The middle ground is the right of 20 years ago as the Right marched further off the spectrum and the Democrats in office move to fill in the vacancy. That was explicitly the strategy of the party according to Schumer and Pelosi in the 2016 elections, they went on TV and said they’d pick up two REPUBLICANS with their platform for every Democrat they lost. They said this repeatedly.

Other than a few very important social issues, the establishment Democrats are literally where the GOP of the 90’s were, today, but with a smile.

21. sean000 macrumors 68000

sean000

Healthcare costs have been rising dramatically for decades. I got my first employer-provided health insurance in 1997. I watched my premiums and deductibles rise each year, while my coverage seemed to get worse. The Affordable Care Act was an attempt to address a healthcare system that was already out of control and out of reach for millions of Americans. Hillary Clinton tried to address that during her husband's administration, years before Republicans would even admit that we had a problem. Thanks to the Affordable Care Act: Millions more are insured, pre-existing conditions are covered, and out-of-pocket expenses for the insured are capped at more reasonable levels. Unfortunately the ACA did not go nearly far enough. Premiums and deductibles continue to rise, Americans and our insurance companies pay more for treatment than anyone else in the world, it's still difficult to get any information up front about what treatment will cost you, and it's still possible for one illness or accident to financially devastate a family.

I'm okay with Republicans repealing Obamacare if they replace it with something better, but I don't think that will happen. Obamacare needs to be improved. Honestly it's time for the health insurance industry to die, and for the pharmaceutical industry to be more heavily regulated. There are too many people, who are not healthcare providers, making huge amounts of money without providing any value whatsoever.

22. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

There are some significant differences between today’s Democrats and 1990s Republicans, Pro-Choice, and empathy for the poor which they have always had more of. The GOP from the 1960s had a bit of sympathy. The biggest change of today’s GOP is their acceptance of spinning facts until they become lies, or firgetbrhe spin, just tell Trump-ala mode inspired fibs.

I was listening to Science Friday on NPR today, where they were discussing recent research about cell phone radiation, and as the scientist described how they considered evidence, I suddenly pictured science research being conducted by today’s GOP and it made me cringe. The conclusions the GOP would arrive at would be based on some PAC commercial, industry lobbyists, what God told the evangelist on the team, or whoever coughed up enough cash under the table. :oops:

23. SRLMJ23, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018

SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Trust me man, I agree with basically everything you said. I was just pointing out that ObamaCare did not go far enough, and unfortunately now premiums are on the rise (like you said) because in a lot of states there are one or two health insurance companies that cover the whole state. No competition means they can charge whatever the hell they want, and you either pay it and have health care, or don't and have no healthcare. It is a rotten system.

I am medical doctor in residency, but unfortunately I am currently out of work on disability because of a shot back and I am only 32 years old. So anyway, I used to deal with insurance companies all the time...such a pain, so many hours wasted by doctors and nurses. So much reform needs to be done on that end alone. What the health insurance companies do now more and more, for every damn prescription I wrote, I had to deal with prior authorizations on about 90% of the Rx's. It takes up time that I could have been spending with a patient, but instead I am on the phone for 10-20 minutes per authorization, and that adds up! As a doctor I know what is best for my patient, not insurance companies! These prior authorizations also scare the hell out of patients. Say a patient has been on Xanax for years for panic disorder. Well now once a year, that authorization has to be done, and it really makes the patients very nervous not knowing if all the sudden they may have to pay out of pocket because the insurance company will not cover it anymore, or if they want to switch them to Valium. Well, Valium and Xanax are both benzodiazepines, but they have there certain uses. Xanax is much better for panic disorder than Valium is. It just scares the hell out of patients. Same thing with pain medicines now. I have someone on OxyContin (for a reason) and now the insurance company will not cover OxyContin. They want the patient on Tramadol. Well let me tell you something, if someone is used to OxyContin, Tramadol is not going to cut it for them. What happens? The patient ends up in the ED, complaining about legitimate pain that the Tramadol is not covering AND a lot of the times they are going through some withdrawals because the Tramadol is just not near the strength of OxyContin. So then in the ED, we end up giving them a hydrocodone or something similar (stronger) so now the insurance company has to pay for that ED visit, plus the cost of any medicine we gave the patient etc. All that expense could have been avoided had they just covered the OxyContin. These are just a few examples, but the system just makes zero sense most of the time.

Also, I live in New York State. ALL doctors that can write controlled substances had to take a training course for the iSTOP program. Which is a computer program that basically makes it almost impossible for patients to "double dip." That is when a patients get the same medicine from two different doctors. So the premise of iSTOP is good, it was just horribly implemented, AND it takes forever for me to go through on a certified computer with a special USB key that I put in the computer that allows me access to iSTOP and for every controlled script I write I have to enter it into iSTOP and check to make sure the patient has not double dipped. NYS no longer has paper triplicates (paper scripts) everything is sent to the pharmacy over the computer. Some hospitals and clinics still have exemptions (but have to pay a fine) because they have not gotten there computer systems up to date and iSTOP implemented, so those doctors still write paper triplicates. It is just such a pain. Sorry to go on this rant, but when you are in the medical field, you get it from both sides. As a doctor, and obviously I have a doctor so as a patient as well. It is crazy!

Honestly, disability is seriously better than the healthcare plan I was paying for through the hospital! It is weird that at age 32 I have a Medicare card, but that is what I got put on. They cover almost all my prescriptions! They do not cover one, Soma, which is a muscle relaxer for my back spasms. I have to pay $22.00 out of pocket (with pharmacy discount plan) for 90 pills a month. That is not terrible to me. All my pain medicine, and some other Rx's are covered 100%. So strange that when you pay for healthcare you end with less coverage, and when you do not pay for healthcare and are on disability, I get pretty much blanket coverage! That tells you how bad the system is! I am ending this rant now, because I could go on forever.

I truly pray that President Trump, Republicans, and Democrats can come together and fix the healthcare system. I also pray that I can get back to practicing medicine soon! Good luck everyone. God Bless!

:apple:

24. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

We should construct huge statues of Trump throughout the USA.

25. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Besides his racism he never got over this....