The Left: An Unhinged Mob

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by darksithpro, Oct 12, 2018.

1. darksithpro macrumors 6502a

This will probably be played all over the place. I can't blame the GOP for capitalizing on it, the Dems have been advocating for violence recently.

2. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I like how the right gets all pumped up on the 2nd amendment, military supremacy, and “Maybe if you didn’t run then the cop wouldn’t have shot you.” but as soon as the left starts playing ball in their field they’re suddenly a bunch of terrified peaceniks.

3. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Nothing in that video "advocated for violence" and claiming that Democrats have done so is a lie. But, more broadly speaking, I say good for the Democrats showing some emotion here. We have very legitimate reasons to be angry, and there's nothing wrong with that.

But, if you really want to see what "advocating for violence" looks like:

4. hawkeye_a, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

Exactly, when the "right" does it, they're wrong, but when the "left" does it "they have legitimate reasons". Genius. /sarcasm

@Chew Toy McCoy Self defense and law enforcement vs crime. They're not the same thing.

5. raqball macrumors 68000

You'd think the snowflakes and cupcakes would be a bit more mellow eh? I mean they do have their safe spaces, emotional support squirrels, coloring books, play-doh and all that...

Guess power and not having any trumps (pun intended) all.....

Wackadoodles!

6. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

@Chew Toy McCoy Self defense and law enforcement vs crime. They're not the same thing.[/QUOTE]

Got it. So violence is only justified when its sanctioned by the morals of the right.

7. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502a

Bug-Creator

Newsflash, since the 2016 election we found out that the bulk of those resides on the (far) right.

You know people who not just whine about loosing, no they manage to whine whine and whine some more bout winning.

And so much winning to be had!!!

8. raqball macrumors 68000

Newsflash: Agree! SCOTUS, Fed Judges, lower taxes, ect.... While I am not tired of wining yet, it is nice!

But back on topic.. Why are the safe spaces, emotional support animals, coloring books and play-doh not working to calm down the violent left?

9. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Source for this outrageous claim. Of course it’s the exact opposite. Instead of voting in 2016, the left decided they were going to violently oppose which is of course what’s been happening.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018 ---
    Because it’s the only way they can do try to ram down their policies that the rest of the country soundly rejected.

10. raqball macrumors 68000

Since winning at the ballot box is not really an option for them:

Maybe there needs to be a policy were twice a day they are allowed leave work (or whatever) to go outside and scream at the sky for 10 minutes. Maybe something like: Scream at the sky sessions - twice daily @ 10AM and 6PM...

If that's not enough to clean their mind from Trump living there rent free 24/7 and the safe spaces, emotional support animals, coloring books and play-doh also fail then it might be best to find a highly competent shrink to help out with that chronic TDS and offer up some high powered calming meds...

11. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

And there's this message from the unhinged Republican candidate opposing Democratic governor Wolf:

Scott Wagner Just Threatened to Stomp All Over Tom Wolf’s Face “With Golf Spikes”
    https://www.phillymag.com/news/2018/10/12/scott-wagner-golf-spikes-wolf/#bloLAw8ccbcKfOtE.99

Wagner is supported by Trump, who no doubt encouraged Wagner to emulate his own boorish, unhinged behavior.

...Cue Trumpsters who will say that it's only words, he didn't mean it literally, etc.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 12, 2018 ---
    You guys never give up the illusion that Trump delivered a resounding victory in 2016. He lost the general election by 3 million votes. I know, that's not the way we elect presidents, but still...3 million votes. That's hardly a sound rejection.

12. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter if you win by an inch, or a mile. Winning is winning.

13. appleisking macrumors 6502a

Lol Ok. Sure. You can take that comfort to the ten states or whatever number it is that you currently control.

14. raqball macrumors 68000

Found this... Real? :p

[​IMG]

15. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Agreed. However when you subtract the millions of people who didn’t vote, those who vote strictly along party lines, those who vote the lesser of 2 evils in their view because they believe in voting no matter what, and those who vote just to stick it to the other side it’s extremely disingenuous to claim that “winner” is the voice of a majority of the country. And I don’t care which party’s corporate puppet is the current winner. It’s true regardless.

16. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Sorry, but this more divisive garbage.

When the Unite The Right marched in Charlottesville, I don't recall too many people calling all Republicans Nazi racists. And when one of those "very fine people" actually killed someone, I don't recall anyone suggesting that voting for a Republican was going to result in widespread violence.

I don't believe most Republicans are violent racists.

Please stop posting garbage like this. It is divisive. It is dishonest. And it is tearing our country apart. Americans can have different views on taxes, on foreign policy, on Government spending, healthcare, guns, and the environment.

But having a different opinion on matters of policy doesn't make one a violent criminal.

Stop playing the Fox News propaganda game.

17. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

Perhaps if the Democrats ran a likable person, who didn't have so much baggage, they would have won the election, but because it was "her turn" and the revelation of the backyard shenanigans turned the DNC political theatre vile. You guys pissed off your own base and gave it to Trump.

18. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Here we go again with this agenda driven radioactive drool.

The Right is always too greedy and hateful towards the Left to get any actual work done that benefits the common citizen.

I'm not a fan of the Left neither, but they are not in power at the moment. And when they are in power, they don't have an insane unhealthy obsession with the opposing party like the Right does.

19. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I fully agree with you. As a left leaner this past presidential race made me disgusted with the blatant corruption of the Democratic party. Couple that with the largely conservative policies of the Obama administration and I'm done. They've become little more than the left wing of the Republican party. The whole reason the right had to start hoisting up their far right loons is because the Democrats moved so far right into Republican territory.

It's pathetically delusional for anybody on the left (who isn't rich) to think the current Democratic party is their party.

20. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

What irks me the most is when Democrats shame Trump supporters. Saying we're more to blame than Trump himself, citing he's the symptom and we're the problem. BUT, if you look at the facts from the Wikileaks, you can clearly see the HRC/DNC tactics they used. Specifically the pied piper strategy. How many billions of free coverage did the MSM give Trump? I read it was in the neighborhood of 2 to 4 billion dollars. So when Democrats say to us this is all your fault I like to point out the fact that they elevated Trump on this pied pier strategy to make the Republican candidate and party out to be clowns, so she can score an easy win, BUT it had backfired on them.

21. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Exactly. The left as "mob" theme is something devised by GOP strategists and faithfully disseminated by right wing media. Of course Trump is also in on it, calling the Democrats an angry left wing mob at a recent Iowa rally.

22. NT1440 macrumors G5

NT1440

Soooo....

No comments on how quickly the new narrative of the right has been taken up by their followers?

I have to chuckle at how quickly all these free thinkers start parroting these things. The centrists at least argue amongst themselves about the best way to make sure absolutely nothing changes. The right literally just starts posting bullet point lists from their favorite propaganda networks within hours of the articles hitting the Breitbarts of the world.

Ah the poster above beat me to it!

23. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The media having paid far too much attention to Trump, Hillary having been a bad candidate and Trump’s supporters having committed gross negligence by electing such an amoral, incompetent clown can all be true.

24. darksithpro thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you admit we're all to blame then?o_O

25. hawkeye_a, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

hawkeye_a macrumors 65816

hawkeye_a

When Obama won the election in 2008 and 2012, did you see people who supported the opposition riot and burn cars during his inauguration? Did you see Republicans physically block his supporters from attending his campaign events? Were people from his administration kicked out of conservative businesses? Did you see Republican celebrities(few as they are) criticize him daily in the media or call him Hitler on almost-a-daily-basis?

Hank Williams Jr., referred to Obama as Hitler once, and for that he was condemned and isolated.

How about that guy who went to a baseball game and attacked Republican lawmakers/politicians?

How about conservative speakers being banned from speaking at publicly funded universities? Do conservatives block regressive speakers from speaking?

How about the fact that Democrats still cheer and support Bill Clinton? How about the fact that Bill Clinton recently shared a stage with Farracan, and no one in the media called him out on it?

The two sides arent even close when it comes to actual violence today.

So please stop playing the CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC, PBS, NPR, NYT, WaPo, LA Times, Slate, Vox, Time, etc... propaganda game.

And stop with the hypocrisy, double standard and violence. Thats whats tearing this country apart.