The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for DS

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by echeck, Mar 29, 2009.

1. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

I just saw The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks was announced a few days ago for the DS.

It doesn't look like anything new, really. Link seems to have a little armored helper, and he's in a train instead of a boat. Heh.

Still, I have yet to be disappointed by a Zelda title, so I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to play.

What are your thoughts?

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Train? TRAIN!? I want my talking boat!! Oh wait... He died in Wind Waker :( Think it'll be customizable? Wont it be a little more linier, what with traintracks?

But seriously, I can't wait. I do hope it's as addictive and enjoyable as Phantom Hourglass. The name doesn't have that 'ring' to it though.

3. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

I'm not sure what to make of the train system. I didn't like drawing out boat maps in PH, felt a little pointless compared to the system in WindWaker. Felt... Dare I say, casualised. And the controls didn't stick with me :eek: ... and the level design style, and the empty feeling stages.

Wheel see though. But dammit give me a traditional LTTP/LA/MC game on DSiWare!

4. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's because it was casualized. :( Thanks to all of those that complained about the sail boat in Wind Waker... *&^*@&^*$^&*^$ :mad: THEY SUCK!!! :mad:
    [RANT]
    Now we've had complaints about the time temple in Phantom Hour Glass -- which had SHORTCUTS, so this release will probably have an escalator to get to the bottom of a temple, so even less game-play... :mad: :mad: :mad:

No wonder games are only a few hours these days... Why should they be longer, when so many will PAY EXTRA for game-play that would have been included just a few years back, and complain if they have to think just a little more than usual...
    [/RANT]

Anyways, I still loved Phantom HourGlass, it was a casual Zelda adventure with some fun puzzles. At least I finished it. :p

5. echeck thread starter macrumors 68000

echeck

I will say the Temple in PH did get a little old, but it was by no means a reason to stop playing the game. With all the shortcuts it took like two minutes to get through it.

But PH was still a great game, and had some really fun puzzles in it. And after about nine months off I did finally go back and finish it.

I'm looking forward to Spirit Tracks, but I would still rather have a new Zelda for the Wii.

Speaking of the Wii. I finally picked up a copy of Metroid Prime 3 today. I haven't played it before, but I found a used copy for $20 so I grabbed it. I can't wait to play it! :)

6. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Those that stopped playing, because of that temple, are WEAK. :eek:

It took them 5 years to make Zelda:TP, so I'm guessing at least 2011 before we see a new Zelda for Wii.

In the mean time, I can only hope that they'll release a Wind Waker with Wii controls. I'll pay full price for that game.

Just now... It's been 2 years and you haven't played Prime 3... :eek:

7. Miharu macrumors 6502

Miharu

Haha, oh wow. A train? Certainly piqued my interest. I think it's definitely something new. And Link in a conductor outfit, priceless.

8. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This game just reminded me that Nintendo never sent me my Phantom Hourglass feather stylus. I'll never know the joy of its plasticness. :(

9. jimleszczynski macrumors regular

jimleszczynski

mang. this is pretty impressive for DS. Reminds me of Wind Waker style graphics?

10. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

It is a nice little trinket, but sized just so it doesn't fit anywhere. One of my kids has mine in their DS case.

I have enjoyed every handheld Zelda I've played, and will likely enjoy this as well.

11. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

Looks great, loved Phantom Hourglass so this should be another fine slice of casual zelda. Any idea of its ETA and whether it will require the minimal extra ooomph of the DSi?

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I would have put it with my other trinkets on a shelf to collect dust. :eek:

13. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

There are about 100 million DSs on the market and 2 million DSis, you really think Nintendo would make this game exclusive to the DSi? ;)

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's because it's using WW's styling. The same was true for Phantom Hourglass. They even carried it over to Minish Cap and The Four Swords.

If you haven't played Zelda:pH, it's worth playing.

15. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

No - but it will be interesting to see how they 'enhance' it to use as a DSi selling tool ... because I assume it will be on one of those 'enhanced' carts which works on both but has a few added features for the DSi.

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

What would these enhancements be? I have a few ideas, but they all amount to cheese, so maybe you have a though that would make a DSi worth buying? :)

17. txa1265 macrumors 6502a

txa1265

Nope ... definite cheese is all I come up with as well ... but then there are occasional surprises ...

18. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Damn it. Zelda and trains. Two of my favorite things. Nintendo know how to massage the cash from my pockets.....

19. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

I've just started a new file on PH. I can't wait for ST now!! :mad:

20. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

At least you can start a new file... My friend just moved 11 hours north and he has my Zelda:pH. :(

21. echeck thread starter macrumors 68000

echeck

I know, it's sad. But I'm remedying it! I haven't started yet, but I'm pretty sure that's what I'll be doing all weekend. :)

I can't believe you never got your feather stylus!! I remember you going on about that. :)

22. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

It's a good game overall, not as memorable as the first and a bit too streamlined, but definitely better in some areas.

Yeah, they gypped me... =\ Now I'll never know its cheese in person...

23. Dagless Suspended

Dagless

I've still to complete Prime 3, think I'm about 20% into it but I just can't push myself into finishing it. Damn things just too plain. So come on Prime 1 with Wii controls, show yourself in 'Yurp!

24. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Have you considered 'drinking' while playing it? The game has some great moments, that are truly unique to it.

I played to 99% complete, but have yet to finish it. I tried playing it months back from where I left off, so at the end, and I GOT WORKED, as my skill level was rusty.

When I played Prime 1, I did the same thing. I played to the end, didn't finish it, then came back later to get worked, then came back much later -- almost a year, and finally finished it.

25. echeck thread starter macrumors 68000

echeck

Heh heh... I do that with a lot of games. I took off about six months of Twilight Princess before going back and finishing it. I know, I'm a horrible person. :eek: