The Mac Rumors Political Morality Metric Poll v1

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Huntn, May 19, 2018.

?

What characteristics do you find unacceptable in your elected official?

Poll closed Nov 15, 2018.
  1. Spinning or separately lying infrequently

16 vote(s)
    45.7%
  2. Habitual Lying, decietfulness, misleading

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  3. Adultary in all cases

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. Adultery- depends on circumstances

10 vote(s)
    28.6%
  5. Racist

32 vote(s)
    91.4%
  6. Personality disorder

21 vote(s)
    60.0%
  7. Sexist

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  8. Abuse of power

33 vote(s)
    94.3%
  9. Money laundering

31 vote(s)
    88.6%
  10. Accepting or offering bribes

32 vote(s)
    91.4%
  11. Conspiracy to mislead the public or Federal Investigators

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  12. Knowledge that subordinates are conducting illegal activity on your behalf

27 vote(s)
    77.1%
  13. Undermining Federal Instituions for personal, political gain

30 vote(s)
    85.7%
  14. Unable to apologize for anything regarding himself or his Administration

26 vote(s)
    74.3%
  15. Refuses to acknowledge take responsibility for the actions of his Administration

28 vote(s)
    80.0%
  16. Other- please describe in a post

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  17. Immoral

11 vote(s)
    31.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Huntn, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

At this point, we don’t know what wrong doing Robert Mueller is going to find in the Federal Russian Investigation, but I’d like to establish a metric of what characteristics we collectively find unacceptable in our political leadership so that when the findings are finally presented we will have less members making excuses and trying to spin Trump or Administration players out of their predicament, if he or they actually ends up in legal jeopardy.

19 May- just added immoral to the poll. You can change your vote.

2. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

A few more;

-Not qualified to hold job
    -Golfs too much
    -Steals from the American taxpayers, gets paid from taxpayer dollars spent at his own government-leeching, overpriced, expensive Drumpf Properties.
    -Can't stop talking about Hillary or Obama
    -Weak on Russia, dumb on the rest of our foreign policy
    -Accused of being abusive towards women because he thinks having lots of money and the complexion of a finely-waxed hardwood floor is carte blanche to do what you see fit with a woman.
    -Flip-Flops more than a fish. Even if that fish's name was Mitt Romney.

3. TiggrToo macrumors demi-goddess

TiggrToo

Can't imagine who @Huntn had in mind when they crafted this poll... :p

4. Rhonindk macrumors 68040

Rhonindk

After reading the choices and being familiar with @Huntn posts I elected not to participate.

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I figured there would be some people in his forum who declined to go on record about what they demand from their politicians, because it would would rub on Trump. Did not think it would be you though. I mentioned both Trump and Mueller in post 1 so there is no doubt who I was thinking of, and there is a Federal probe being conducted.

Bottom line, this poll reflects standards you would apply to any politician, while I realize this poll would make some Trump supporters uncomfortable of possibly painting themselves into a hypocrite box.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

If my floor looked like Trump’s complexion, I’d sue.

7. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

My poll was close to if not had run out of negative options. :oops:

8. alex2792 macrumors 6502a

You forgot to add one

- Storing classified information in their basement and then getting away with it thanks to political connections.

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

10. BigHonkingDeal macrumors 6502a

BigHonkingDeal

Priceless..... and so original. :)

11. raqball, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018

raqball macrumors 68000

I'll participate but I'll answer like if Hillary had won....

Using Hillary as the gauge, I checked all the boxes except the adultery ones. Because ya know.... Who would with her? YIKES!@ LOL

12. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

Does that mean in reality (where Clinton, who is apparently held to a higher standard by you, didn't win) you find all of the listed characteristics acceptable in your elected official?

13. raqball macrumors 68000

I said all that? Dang, not usually like me...............

The poll is one-sided partisan garbage. If it were worded to apply any political figure / candidate then I might have taken it seriously... I didn't so I decided to flip the script..

14. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

clicked on results and saw all the votes on racist ... sad, that so many are misled by the fake news MSM.

This is how racist the man who sits in the WH is ...

15. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

But people can counter that with a lot of examples of him being racist. Calling for the death penalty for four innocent black teenagers for one.

16. appleisking macrumors 6502a

He’s definitely racist no question. You may not consider him racist but that doesn’t make it so.

17. Strider64 macrumors 6502a

Strider64

There would be no politicians in Washington D.C. if lying was unacceptable. :D;)

18. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

The only one I didn't check was Personality Disorder. I don't blame 'em for being cuckoo'er than a clock factory. I would blame myself for voting someone crazy into office.

19. ThisBougieLife macrumors 68000

ThisBougieLife

I honestly don't give a rat's behind about adultery. Kennedy was an avid adulterer and one of my favorite historical politicians. It just comes with the territory for some. I understand that it might lend one to believe they would lie in other respects, but who knows, a lot of adulterers are really terrible at lying. It's when they lie under oath about it that it becomes a problem.

And so what if Huntn had Trump in mind when writing this? That doesn't mean these aren't still undesirable qualities. Or is morality relative?

20. ActionableMango macrumors G3

ActionableMango

It could be. What if:

Candidate (A) had all of the traits listed in the poll, but had a long and successful history of seeking and promoting peace.
    Candidate (B) was straight, honest, and pure, but openly planned to start nuclear war with Iran and N. Korea on the first day in office.

Who would you vote for?

That's obviously an extreme example to make a forced point, but I think that's the essence of "voting for the lesser of two evils".

21. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

This comment is completely hilarious. I told you in post 1 who it was about and based on the accusations directed at Trump, listed most of them and asked you the Mac Rumor member which of these accusation would you find unacceptable. If someone had accused him of being a decent human being, I could of listed it, but that really does not get you into legal trouble. :rolleyes:

How desperate are you to try to discredit the poll? You’d better explain how the poll is bias or be quite. First off, you can vote, and/or you explain why any of these standards are biased, because they are universal. If I stretch my imagination, bias means they might apply to some people and not others. These standards apply to every leader who walks the face of the Earth. So tell me how it’s biased. -_-

22. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Is this what is usually known as a push poll :D ?

23. Huntn thread starter macrumors P6

Huntn

I’m not disagreeing, but it was a particularly salient point, until Trump with the GOP, the Evengical Right, in fact most devote practicing Christians considered being immoral as disqualification for leadership. My gawd, I forgot to include that in my poll! JUST ADDED,
    --- Post Merged, May 19, 2018 ---
    19 May- just added immoral to the poll. You can change your vote if you want to.

24. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It’s pretty sad that conservatives can’t cope with Trump being a bad president...

25. tkermit macrumors 68040

tkermit

If that's not what you meant, it implies you do find some of the listed characteristics unacceptable irrespective of who, specifically, won the election. Could have just selected those options. If, in order to excuse Trump's character deficits whose existence you appear to acknowledge, you'd select fewer than in your hypothetical case where Clinton has won the election, that just means some of them are in fact acceptable to you.