The market is forecasting a Donald Trump victory

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Oct 1, 2016.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/the-market-is-forecasting-a-donald-trump-victory-213426531.html
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA, we are ALL doomed [​IMG]
    no worries, Impeachment in 2-3 months :D

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

3. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

He will be impeached because of his tweets. Duh!

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

What stupid reasoning. If they are quiet than that person doesn't know how they are voting either. Total talking out of their ass.

I do think Trump will win Ohio. Florida I am not sure about. I think Pennsylvania will go to Hillary.

And to those people hiding their votes I say this: If who you are voting for is some dirty little secret, then perhaps you should rethink things.

5. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Yup. Super dumb. It makes no sense.

@jkcerda , par for the course.

6. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Lol, m'kay.

Attached Files:

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

makes no difference, republicans are OPENLY siding with Clinton.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 1, 2016 ---
    just who are you quoting? where did that come from?

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Do you really not read what you yourself quote? :rolleyes:

9. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

They're in full panic mode, no time for reading!

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502

jkcerda

no, I am busy making beef jerky, casting bullets, making a few rounds and stockpiling ammo/rice/pasta/water so I can survive the trumpocalypse :eek: oh and I am trying to learn Swift 3.0 along with Sketch 3 so I can GTFO of the U.S in case that doesn't happen :p

11. shinji macrumors 65816

shinji

This same argument was used to explain why Brexit polling showed Britons wanting to "remain," and yet "leave" still won.

That is, polls can understate the support for an option or candidate if voters think admitting it would result in their being judged as xenophobic, simple-minded, or ignorant.

It's a little different in the US with the electoral college, and it's not a foregone conclusion at all that Trump will win PA/FL/OH, but the same logic could easily apply here.

12. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

13. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

I don't think it's impossible that there are people who will vote for Trump but don't say it for image issues. Not everyone's top concern is social justice and political correctnesss, it doesn't necessarily make them a racist. It may just mean their primary voting concern, usually the factor(s) that affects them most, is supported by Trump but it Clinton and outweighs the downsides of Trump.

I guess it half supports my hypothesis that the polls right before the electron will be very off. Either Trump will come off with far more expected votes or Hillary will win by a landslide.

There could be a bunch of closeted Trump supporters who probably support him more in the bussiness sense than anything -or- people who are leaning or on the fence about Trump won't have the confidence to follow though and will go with the "safer" choice of Clinton.

Again, just a hypothesis, but if the polls are 50/50 the day before the election I'm leaning towards the Hillary landslide.

14. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

My bet is still Hillary by a landslide. As i said before not a fan of the Clintons but Trump would be such a disaster. While he talks about making America great he has only one priority in life and that is Trump. The New York times published his tax returns for 1995 today and I think there is a lot more that is going to come out. He took almost a billion dollar loss in that year and with additional losses in the 90's probably has paid no taxes since then.

15. zin macrumors 6502

I don't think so. When you have Trump supporters getting beaten just for wearing the MAGA hat, I'd completely understand if they're hiding it.

If it happens in the UK with the shy Tory effect, then it can happen in the U.S. with a shy Trump effect. Even more so if violent persecution is involved. The extent of the effect, I don't know.

16. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Ok but you keep saying he will be impeached. What charge do you think that he will be impeached for?

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

These animals will use whatever they can to impeach him. They'll make up some stupid s***.

18. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

1st Amendment?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Were they the same animals who had to peck and peck until Clinton, embarrassed over his personal life, tried to safe face under oath that he didn't have sex? (Never mind some of them were having their own affairs or molesting children or whatever at the time?)
    --- Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Weird. Everyone else is flocking to Hillary so why not "the market" as well?

19. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If Trump is close in the polls in November, I'm going all cash on all my investments except my Apple stock. If he wins, buying opportunities will be plentiful after the initial carnage.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Saving face? He lied under oath. Let's call it what it is.

21. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Ive never seen a more BS projection post on here lmao

22. zin macrumors 6502

What is wrong with what I said? I've read your posts recently. When you don't like what you're reading, you immediately resort to attacking the poster. At least you didn't call me racist, like in the other thread.

23. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Trump finishes his inauguration swearing in and immediately is impeached. :p

Trumpreppers® SHTF (**** Hit Twitter Fan)

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

(Well, yes, but maybe not soon enough to avoid having to post the enchilada recipe.)

For a slightly more nuanced take than the Yahoo guy's view of what the markets are doing (which essentially is riding out the uncertainty it detests before assorted geopolitical situations are resolved), one could take a look at the state of IPOs and outlook for them in 2017. And btw as the end of my excerpt suggests, there could be a reason to fix up TPP rather than walk away from the future. The future is the future; making it fairer is the opportunity to seize on instead of bemoaning the inevitable.

Excerpt:

Emerging market issuance, EY said, is gathering pace as a result of alternative financing options becoming more limited. China, in particular, is set to see volumes ramp up with regulators expected to approve bigger deals now that global equity markets have stabilised.

EY said that while a return to the record levels of activity in 2014—when $260 billion was raised globally—may be a stretch, IPO activity for 2017 is expected to surpass 2015’s $197 billion total.

By sector, financials have accounted for more than 28% of global IPOs so far in 2016, representing the largest portion by proceeds, followed by industrials at 12.7%, real estate at 11.5%, technology at 10.1% and energy at 7.1%. Geographically, Asia-Pacific has topped the leaderboard accounting for 53% of deal value, followed by EMEIA (Europe Middle East India Africa) with 29% and the Americas at 18%.

It's not lost on me that the financial sector has managed to keep its sharp elbows in shape during 2016 despite a few bumps in the road. Elizabeth Warren has her work cut out for her going forward; trying to regulate those guys is like spilling mercury on a tray and trying to round it back up with a pencil. Over there in the corner, is that a really big blob?

As for that Yahoo piece, the author is all over the map despite the clickbait headline. At one point he notes that

"If I’m wrong and Hillary wins, I still think it will be positive for the market. Many people believe she will continue Obama’s low interest rate policy, and we also can’t underestimate her ties to Wall Street. She is not only a former New York senator who understands Wall Street better than our current President, but she also has to support her major Wall Street donors."
    On the other hand, he wrote this as well:

The interesting thing is that many Trump supporters don’t agree with what he says; they simply think he will be better for business.

For example, Carl Icahn recently said (and I’m paraphrasing): Do I agree with everything he says? Of course not. Do I think he says stupid things at times? Of course. But I don’t care about all that. I care about the economy and Trump will be better for business than Hillary.

In other words, many of Trump’s supporters are focused on the more important issues instead of obsessing over every foolish off the cuff remark.

Disregarding whether it's unimportant to consider Trump's penchant for "off the cuff" remarks: bottom line in that piece was that Yahoo wanted you not to filter out their stuff, so it was written for every viewpoint under the sun including those of people hoping for the big crash, the big soar, the one the only ride on the Ringling Bros tiger... all can happen no matter which candidate wins, just bring your own seat belt.

25. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

what is wrong with your post? Your ****ing candidate has encouraged his supporters to beat up other people at his rallies. And you're complaining about his supporters being beat up? Thick

Also wow you've read my posts recently I'm so honored