The MBP I bought my husband came on his birthday!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Osprey, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Osprey macrumors 6502

This is probably silly, but I wanted to share my excitement with others that get excited about Apple products. Yesterday was my husband's birthday and the timing was perfect. I ordered a CTO MBP and it came on his birthday. Now I know everyone will probably say I should have waited until January to purchase, but I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to make this birthday special for him. It is the first computer that he has ever owned that he is actually excited about, which makes sense because it is his first Mac. I had Logic Express installed and he is having a blast. It has actually brought out the little kid in him and watching him just gives me a warm feeling. Forgive me, but it is that time of year. Anyway the computer seems to be perfect, it even seems to have a better viewing angle than the one I have. Well thanks for letting me ramble on.:D

2. VilT macrumors newbie

Congratulations! You two seem very happy, which is good news.

I'd probably have fun in Logic Express too, if it was on my laptop. Your husband will most likely enjoy his MBP, just as most people have.

3. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Way to go! You have great timing!:) Your husband is a lucky man!

5. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

You're the best wife ever!!

errr.. actually, on the off-chance that my wife reads this forum... you're the *second* best wife ever. :D

6. Osprey thread starter macrumors 6502

Well I would love to take credit for everything and I tried to time it to the best of my ability, but there had to be a lot of luck involved as well. Let me tell you that I drove myself crazy checking it every day to make sure that it wasn't going to get delayed. Then I had to worry about the winter storms across the country. We live in Idaho and I am always amazed that the MBPs come from China to Alaska and instead of shipping them directly to us they have to go farther East, then South and then back West. I do understand some of the reasons for this, but it can be rather agonizing to say the least. And it really wasn't that he needed one (especially right now), but sometimes you just have to act a little crazy and do something just for the fun of it, or should I say just for the love of it.

cptpower, if you tell your wife how very much you love and appreciate her, I am sure she would be only to happy to buy you one too!

7. cptpower macrumors regular

cptpower

Way ahead of you. Once the estimated deadline for Leopard was released, started speaking with my wife about a new notebook, and the day it was released, I put my order in for a shiny new MBP :)

8. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

That is great! Wish my husband would be accepting of a new Mac *anything*. Maybe one day he will be.

9. Osprey thread starter macrumors 6502

Buy one for yourself (if you haven't already) and casually use it in front of him. What kind of work does he do, or better yet, what are his interests? Call him over when you are working on something he enjoys like videos, photography, audio then explain what awesome software comes already installed on the Mac. How could he possibly resist? I have used lots of different software for video editing with many problems and instability among other issues. I am always amazed at how things just work and work well on the Mac. I hope you can get him to join the Mac family to at least explore his creative side.:eek:

10. bijou macrumors regular

bijou

Trust me, we're trying!

I've been using my MBP since early this year, and the Cube for the past 3 years. Two of our kids have iBooks since they've been in kindergarten. He does like what is made on the Mac, but since he's an engineer who's always used a PC it is tough to change. But we're still working on him, heh.

11. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

12. ArmyKnight12 macrumors 6502

ArmyKnight12