The Moment of my Conception – Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 24usedtorock, Dec 16, 2009.

1. 24usedtorock macrumors regular

I already knew what to expect. Watching thirty-four un-boxing videos will do that to you. It took me around seven minutes to figure out how to detach the power adapter to fit the longer AC power plug into it. The manual left a lot to be desired.

The keys are scissor like and razor sharp. In fact I feel the urge to write just to exercise my tips on them. The touchpad irritates me. I will click to perform an action and the Windows equivalent of a right-click menu option will appear sometimes.

I went with the 15 inch variety, and am now second guessing that decision. I think that an extra 2 inches would be useful. My girlfriend likely agrees with that summation. Seriously, it’s a little cramped, but running 1920x1200 on a 17 inch would likely be too tiny. In the end, hooking this up to a DVI monitor and forking Apple an extra $30 to run a non-Apple display seem the next best step.

I ordered a $59.99 bag that contains a sleeve inside of it. I am both excited and anxious to take this bad-boy out into the wild. He should be an in-door housecat. That’s all for now.

Goodnight my friends.

2.8ghz
    500gb 7200rpm
    4gb ddr3 1066 ram

2. MaxxTraxx macrumors 6502

Ah I know the feeling.

Two fingers on the touchpad when you click brings up the right click.

I know the feeling of unwrapping a new Mac. Just got my first one a few weeks ago.

3. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Welcome to a new operating system, the first matter of business is to tear it down and press every button you find. Seriously, mess with EVERYTHING, click everything, try a bunch of keys! This is how I figured out how to use mine. Forget everything you know about Windows and start fresh!

Second, you would have come across this with enough time but I'll tell you now.
    Everything about the system is maintaned in System Preferences. From there you can configure the resolution, screen color settings, startup items, accounts and so forth, it's all there and a hell of a lot easier to navigate than Microsoft's train wreck.

The "problem" you're experiencing with the trackpad can be configured in System Preferences. I suggest you read what each setting/feature does so that you can understand and use the trackpad to your fullest potential.

Enjoy!

4. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

When taken out of context...freakin hillarious!!!! :D

5. Spandexman macrumors regular

Agreed :D

6. FearlessFreep macrumors 6502a

So it's safe to say that size matters, correct?