The Mooch memo, his plans as communications director.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MacNut, Aug 2, 2017.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Seems Moochy had big plans, before Kelly's bigger plans to fire him.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/02/politics/scaramucci-memo-cernovich-communications-plan/index.html

2. darksithpro macrumors regular

The social media aspect makes sense. No one except old people really watch cable news anymore. The younger gen get most of their news on their smart phones and computers online. Pod-casting, YT vlogging, tweeting, Facebook and the such. You can reach a much larger base with the millennials doing that, as opposed to the newspapers, cable news and terrestrial radio.

3. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

He knew that Trump was getting way off course and tanking his own agenda. Some of his ideas made sense in trying to get the president's message back on track. Even if that message is a train wreck he needs someone to convey it properly. Now some of his ideas I don't think would have worked. Like the press suggestion box.

4. darksithpro macrumors regular

Agreed, I don't necessarily see this as a partisan issue, more of moving on with technology. If the Dems where smart the'd focus big time on alternative social media like Trump did during the campaign. That's where the younger generation is these days.

5. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Except the oldest Millenials would be 37 now. I'm sure they still prefer traditional news at that age range. Their range is from 1980 to 1997.

6. darksithpro macrumors regular

You'd be surprised. I'm in that age bracket and I don't even watch TV any more, because of useless content, and commercials.

7. Zenithal macrumors 68040

You're mixing up preference with generation. Plenty of Boomers use social media and prefer social media.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

How does the person that talks about being more positive also the same person that spewed out the most negative hateful crude crass stuff imaginable about his co-workers?

The disconnect is amazing.

9. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

Im 37 and still consider myself a gen-x'er. To me the millenials are those born after 1995.

10. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Thankfully the generation decisions were made by professionals. I don't consider you a Gen-x-er. You can't join our cool party, sport.

However, as a consolation gift, we can give you a tube of Aspercreme.

11. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Oh, I thought the plan was: Start job early>Talk mad nonsense on the news about people on Trumps bad-side>Fire one of them>have marriage dissolve>Get fired yourself because you're an idiot (for a variety of reasons).

12. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

37, that rings a bell, oh ya that was the year I was born, so what "generation" does that make me?

13. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

One that probably doesn't give a damn about labels...

14. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

I believe it's the "get off my lawn" generation.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2017 ---
    Seems there is some debate as to when Generation X ends.

15. Zenithal macrumors 68040

I'm familiar with their work. It's a lot of fluff that seems like a legitimate model akin to how accurate Nostradamus was. They're not the only people who came up with similar work, in some cases the same. They were disregarded due to how flawed the model is. They're also the only living people in the demographer sphere who believe what they've laid out. The rest tend to disregard them.

The book and the figures represented in said books can be applied to just about any country's interior history. It's pretty much applicable hence 'believable' due to that. Suffice to say, the entire book series was done for money and attention. Bunch of hot ********.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wait I thought we were the "silent" generation. Heh. We type on laptops...

17. MarkusL macrumors 6502

By behaving himself such that the President seems almost human in comparison?

18. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

:D well if that was the plain it seems to have been executed perfectly. Meanwhile interest grows in who may eventually fill that comms director slot.

Buried in a piece speculating on the future of Sean Spicer, who still insists he’s headed elsewhere after his press office stints including the transition period he expects is winding down (without someone to help except Sanders in her promoted role) was this little float --among others-- about who might fill the post vacated when General Kelly booted Scaramucci:

Jockeying for the communications post has already begun. Deputy special assistant Sebastian Gorka has been floated as a possible internal candidate, because of the president’s affection for his one-liners on TV like the assertion that Nick at Night gets more viewers than CNN.

yes, well... it’s very Trump-like to remember Gorka for comical one-liners aimed at mainstream media outlets, and to forget all about Gorka’s assorted controversies. He was excluded from national security policymaking back in the spring and apparently Trump and Bannon, as fans, are still trying to find him a slot with less rigorous requirements. A piece from the now semi-wayback on Gorka:

I was never thrilled at the prospect of Gorka having any job in the West Wing. The idea that he could be its communications director seems ill advised if not ludicrous to me. Anyway he might have the temperament to match Scaramucci's, judging from the fact he at least once departed the White House grounds in his car while leaving some gravel flying off the driveway. But that temperament may not be in favor at the present time, considering who the new Chief of Staff is.