The more power consumption feature

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sone3D, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Sone3D macrumors member

Sone3D

Hi everyone. First of all sorry my english. I wish to know which one is the more power consumption feature / features on an iPhone. What I mean is in a consumption per second.

Maybe the:
    Vibration
    Screen
    Music sound through speakers
    Push notification

In my opinion the combination of vibration plus notifications (when in an active whatsapp chat group) is the very battery killer even with the iPhone in my pocket.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Screen is the biggest battery drain of the phone imo. On android phones you can see exactly what % of power when to what parts of the phone and screen being on is always around 75% or greater of battery consumption (as long as your not on a call for hours with the screen off)...

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Your screen, when on, obviously, is going to be the most battery consuming thing on the phone, hands down. Push notifications will only be as battery intensive as the number of notifications you receive a day. If I receive 10 notifications versus your 1,000, I am going to drain much less than you are in that same tax.

4. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Using Location, as in Reminders, is also, I believe, a significant drain. Also wifi and Bluetooth.