The most heinous, serious injustice in U.S. history

Is Hillary's email scandal the most serious injustice in U.S. history?

• Total voters

citizenzen

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 22, 2010
Talking about Hillary's email, Trump had this to say ...
"This is the most heinous, the most serious thing that I’ve ever seen involving justice in the United States in the history of the United States.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/10/donald-trump-lashes-out-polls-media-gop-229691#ixzz4MuxHhKWG
Adding a poll ... and hoping to see 100% for the first time ever.

Anyone voting 'Yes' should explain their reasoning. I'd love to hear it.

Your man is seriously losing it.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
Smart choice. As botched as it may have been, it isn't even close "the most heinous, the most serious thing that I’ve ever seen involving justice in the United States."
I mean - can't we save that on the rare chance Trump gets elected?

thermodynamic

Suspended
May 3, 2009
USA
Can we read the emails and then respond to your poll? (And you don't have a copy you could share, by any chance? :) )

Seriously, what sorts of responses were you expecting from folk?

Statistically speaking, the number 31000 is less likely to have anything truly major than something like 22000000 emails? That's a lot of brownie recipes lost forever, you know. :p :D

Reactions: AlliFlowers

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68020
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Let's see...Abu Ghraib, Watergate, the McCarthy hearings, Japanese internments, trumped-up (if you'll pardon the expression) justification for war on Iraq...

Yeah, I think just maybe this isn't the most serious "justice" issue in the history of the United States.

LizKat

macrumors 603
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Agreed. While it is a rather egregious injustice it is certainly not the worst in US history. In fact, it is quite far from the worst.
Sacco and Vanzetti. Now there's a miscarriage of justice. Both executed.... and all this time later, nearly a hundred years, scholars still argue over whether they were guilty or innocent, and point to the fact that had they not been tried in Massachusetts at that time, their convictions almost certainly could not have been upheld without recourse to a higher court's review of whatever, or all, evidence that such a court might have desired.

Trump is about hyperbole. Today's was about justice served up to Clinton. Maybe some people think it was unjust of Trump to run that full page ad on the Central Park Five. Trump should have a look at the wrongful convictions in the USA. Wiki keeps a separate link on them, there are so many, and Wiki only has the ones with writeups in the site.