The most unflattering portrait of Sarah Palin yet

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Op-ed piece from The Nation. It's interesting in that it presents new charges and fills in missing information on old ones. For example, I had no idea that Palin's book banning question had to do with a gay-themed book, nor that the librarian had a nervous breakdown after dealing with Palin.

The whole article is worth reading.

Man, does she sound like Bush. God forbid McCain gets elected and she ever follows him. Three disastrous presidents in a row, not even this country could survive.

2. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I get more worried the more i hear about her. And i don't even live in the US!

That is awful. So now we know how she can call herself a financial conservative. By cutting funding for those that need it most.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

You mean there is MORE? :eek:

What happened to the whole compassionate conservatism? did that lose to interest groups and personal agendas and greed? :confused: :mad:

edit: Oh hold on, that never was on the agenda. :rolleyes:

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

5. jplan2008 macrumors regular

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

You will never convince a group people who's creed is "party first, country second" that their choice of candidate is bad for their country.

7. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Oh, lord.

If she's trying to dispel the impression that she's a vapid ditz, she's not succeeding.

8. nanofrog macrumors G4

This woman frightens the hell out of me.

But what causes the real nightmare, is if McCain gets elected and is unable to complete the term, she would become President. :eek:

9. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I know what you mean.

It would be like having Britney Spears running the U.S.

10. nanofrog macrumors G4

Britney could likely do a better job! :eek: :p

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Ok, now that is a streatch ;)

12. nanofrog macrumors G4

Not by much! :D

I don't think Britney could operate the nuclear authentication system. Sarah Palin though not by any means the brightest bulb in the box, could I'm afraid. :eek: :p

13. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Sarah Palin not the bulb in any box, because she was so dull, she failed QC, I am actually scared of her becoming US VP, I live in the UK, I don't want no 2nd Cold War...

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Just when one thought life, or US presidents and vice-presidents, could not get any worse than Bush, it does and they do. Great article though and thanks to the OP for posting it. Agree with Schtumple and nanofrog; yes, she is unnerving, but so is McCain. As is Bush, actually. Oh dear. Is it possible that we are underestimating the intelligence and judgement of the US electorate? Is it possible that these people will actually be elected in November?
    Cheers

15. jplan2008 macrumors regular

Don't worry, I don't see either McCain or Palin as "Cold" War types, they're more for "hot" wars.

It's sort of a toss-up for me who is scarier. But, according to this video, with McCain's cancer, it's not so simple as to say because he's been cancer-free for five years, he's "cured."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvesa49zSIM

16. nanofrog macrumors G4

General anesthesia and a lithium ion battery or two may be just what she needs. ;)

17. nanofrog macrumors G4

Intelligence has nothing to do with it. They've been bought and sold each election for decades. :mad: Does the term lobbyist and corporate campaign contributions ring a bell? :p
    "War Monger McCain and Gun packing Mama Palin" Yeah, what a combo. :rolleyes: They just seem to be itching to shoot someone, err.. I mean an entire country at least. ;)

18. Tosser macrumors 68030

19. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Unfortunately, yes. I'm a teacher of history and have been a teacher of politics. However, on occasions such as this, it is extremely difficult to refrain from letting personal feelings (I should say, misgivings) from surfacing. It is exceedingly difficult to remain even slightly objective. Actually, I remember all too well the last recession and the Reagan years. Likewise, I also remember yawning and heading off to bed, around 3am GMT, secure in the knowledge, or so I thought, that Al Gore had won in 2000. My question was rhetorical, but it would be nice (reassuring, even) to see an electoral outcome which would reward competence, good judgement, intelligence, and above all sanity. It would be awesome to see an outcome which would reward idealism, intelligence and integrity as well.

Oh yes. Adjectives suggest themselves. None are remotely complimentary.
    Cheers

20. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

We are starting to know what is bad about her. Democrats need to focus on McCain. He has decades of stuff that could be pulled out that would piss people off...on both sides, too.

He is the worst flip-flopper I have ever heard, at least along the lines of a Cheney.