The "Naked since day 1 and no broken/scratched glass thread"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by glocke12, Jul 10, 2010.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Since there are many posts about scratched and broken glass, I figured there should be one devoted to those who have had naked phones since day 1 and have perfect glass.

Mine was delivered on launch day, and is with me 24 hours a day. I usually carry it around in a fleece pouch to protect it, but sometimes just keep it in a pocket with nothing else in there.

No broken glass, no scratches!

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

3. RS232 macrumors regular

RS232

Me too...

Had mine since 26th June... absolutely fine but will be getting an Apple Black Bumper today for it.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

A naked iP4 is an accident waiting to happen.

5. IndianGuy macrumors regular

IndianGuy

+1 here -

I have zagg delivered, but still to apply on phone - also waiting for decent case to come out for ip4

6. Shoesy macrumors 6502a

Shoesy

Oh how weird. I'd heard iPhones scratched themselves at night!

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I don't know how, I have kept my iPhone in perfect places, not in pockets etc and I still have scratched on the front!

8. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

100% scratch-free here. I got it on Launch Day and carry it naked 95% of the time, usually in my pocket. I actually examined it in the sun yesterday, and found not a mark.

:)

9. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

I am using a bumper, mainly for the signal issue and so that my phone doesn't slide around, but the front and back glass are unprotected and totally scratch free.

10. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

No it's not. This is a beautiful phone that can handle the bumps and bruises.

I've been naked since the start and no damage at all so far. I've even dropped it.

11. finatk macrumors regular

Been naked since day one,

No scratches and look! my phone made of glass didn't shatter as I placed it on my table!? Who knew they were so durable? :rolleyes:

12. vebs macrumors regular

If you're not going naked, then you're not a real man.

..or ladyman :)

13. army91c macrumors 6502a

Mine has several scratches here and there and I do have a dent on my bezel r/t fall. I have sense put body guardz cover on mine. I will be getting a case/bumper of some kind here in the near future. Prob going with one of the Vapor bumpers (you don't have to have the silly log on the side!)

I went naked except for body guardz with 1st gen and 3g but put an incase on my 3gs after a few months. I love how they feel naked but tend to be a little irresponsible with my phone, aka drop it from time to time.

14. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Only the Emo ones.

15. Mecc22 macrumors newbie

Naked since day one. Not one scratch. I've dropped it once since then, too. I did order a NUDE by SwitchEasy though. So it will get covered up.

16. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Bedbugs?

17. StephenAndrew macrumors member

Naked here, pockets and tabletops only since day one. Pristine condition, no flaws ('cept for that reception thing...)

18. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Is this really a feat worthy of awe? It only takes a hint of common sense to accomplish- don't put it in the same compartment/pocket as hard objects (keys, pens, other gadgets); don't wear it SuperDork Star Trek style; have a "home" for it in your home, i.e., don't just leave it in a random place.

Scratched and cracked phones are more often than not the result of carelessness (carelessness causes accidents). Rarely does something break b/c of an unforeseeable event like standing in a corner minding your own B and someone runs smack into you causing you to drop your phone. It's more often less eventful user error.

19. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Well my iPhone isn't completely naked as it has a screen and back protector on it, I bought it on day 1 and it's not been in a case though and I have dropped it a few times and its fine :)

20. TheDoty macrumors newbie

TheDoty

Pre-ordered iPhone 4 in pocket: no protection, no scratches
    Pre-ordered iPad: mostly no protection, no scratches
    iPhone 3G in pocket for 2 years: No screen scratches (the plastic case is a little scratched up)

Apple makes these screens super hard. Just don't put your keys in there and you are okay :)

21. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I installed the Zagg and took it off 3 days later. I hated the texture and look of it. I've had Zagg on my previous 3 iPhones but it looked like ass ok the iP4.

22. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Wow, if you rock this phone without a case, your ***** stupid.

23. SmackP macrumors member

No. some of us are ballers.

Jealous are we?

24. Kahnyl macrumors 68000

The first nano got scratched from a light breeze.