The name of the new Zelda game; you know you want to click


0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
21,553
2,886
so you're saying you couldn't use a princess? they're handy for getting laws lifted, bad guys heads cut off. man i can think of a million uses!
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So the wind waker was an object and not a person? I never got to that one. :rolleyes: Who knows? Maybe the twilight princess is an object too, that has mysterious powers in the daytime as well! *thinks crazy like Nintendo game designers* :D
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
mkrishnan said:
So the wind waker was an object and not a person? I never got to that one. :rolleyes: Who knows? Maybe the twilight princess is an object too, that has mysterious powers in the daytime as well! *thinks crazy like Nintendo game designers* :D
You never got to Wind Waker? Heretic! That game was absolutely awesome.

lol, yeah, the Wind Waker was an object. The Hero of Wind was the person.
 

Freakk123

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
225
0
Bronx, NY
This game looks sooooo good... I'm sort of a Zelda fanboy, and this game looks ridiculous, so the day this game comes out, I'm locking myself in a room and am playing it for hours.

As for windwaker, it got so much crap for its graphics, but in reality it had some amazing gameplay...

Anyway, I can't wait to see what Nintendo has up it's sleeve for this one.
 

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
579
0
Cincinnati, OH
raggedjimmi said:
so you're saying you couldn't use a princess? they're handy for getting laws lifted, bad guys heads cut off. man i can think of a million uses!
a million? I can think of only one thing I would do with a princess
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
Nah. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, original GameBoy, black and white.

That game rocked. I want a GameCube remake with the Wind Waker or Zelda GC engine.
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
GFLPraxis said:
Nah. Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, original GameBoy, black and white.

That game rocked. I want a GameCube remake with the Wind Waker or Zelda GC engine.
I'm tempted to say Ocarina, believe it or not. At the time, the very original NES Zelda was super-ulta-very-phat too.
 

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
579
0
Cincinnati, OH
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past was awesome and so was Ocarina of Time.... until you realized that you have spent 20 days on the same puzzle in whatever temple. I mean please 20 rooms, 30 hallways, a pit pit, switches, buttons, fire, all of which have to be in one spot before a stupid door opens.

Ocarina of Time was my favorite still and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past next.
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
snkTab said:
Ocarina of Time was my favorite still and Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past next.
I do have to admit, I think I had bad luck sometimes with the N64 Zelda games. Truth be told, I never finished Majora, because I got 60% of the way through it, and by virtue of some glitch or doing something out of order, I couldn't get the automated cut scenes to advance the plotline at the sea temple / zorba part, and so I don't think I ever finished it. And actually I also had to start over in Ocarina because of the underwater temple -- somehow I screwed up the sequence of switch blocks in such a way that I was trapped with the water at a certain level and could not adjust it back up or down....

Is the new GBA game any good? Minish Cap or something like that? I actually liked the Oracle games a lot, although they were sadly short. And it's much easier to summon the cumulative patience to finish a GBA game. :D
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
mkrishnan said:
I do have to admit, I think I had bad luck sometimes with the N64 Zelda games. Truth be told, I never finished Majora, because I got 60% of the way through it, and by virtue of some glitch or doing something out of order, I couldn't get the automated cut scenes to advance the plotline at the sea temple / zorba part, and so I don't think I ever finished it. And actually I also had to start over in Ocarina because of the underwater temple -- somehow I screwed up the sequence of switch blocks in such a way that I was trapped with the water at a certain level and could not adjust it back up or down....

Is the new GBA game any good? Minish Cap or something like that? I actually liked the Oracle games a lot, although they were sadly short. And it's much easier to summon the cumulative patience to finish a GBA game. :D
Minish cap is pretty good. Though the storyline isn't much to speak of (Same old thing, Zelda gets kidnapped by random evil villan, etc).
 

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
2,198
286
Raleigh, NC
mkrishnan said:
I'm tempted to say Ocarina, believe it or not. At the time, the very original NES Zelda was super-ulta-very-phat too.
Ocarina of time was good for me until you got to the level where you had to carry around that snotty Octopus *****. I hated that level.

I would say Wind Waker, because the gameplay and graphics were top notch. Unfortunately it was way too short and way too easy. It had a badass battle control scheme, but only had 2 or 3 interesting battles in it (all involving those big guys who's armor your had to slice off from the back.)
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
From what I hear the new Zelda game is actually the Wind Waker game engine with a new graphics engine, + physics + horsebad riding.
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
snkTab said:
lol, this confuses me
Wind waker game engine as in the way you play, button layouts, combos, etc.

The way the game is played is the same.

It's just the graphics are realistic instead of cell shaded, and they added horseback riding and realistic physics.
 

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
579
0
Cincinnati, OH
GFLPraxis said:
Wind waker game engine as in the way you play, button layouts, combos, etc.

The way the game is played is the same.

It's just the graphics are realistic instead of cell shaded, and they added horseback riding and realistic physics.
please PLEASE!!!!!! tell me you don't wave a sissy wand around
 

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 17, 2004
7,091
404
Conductors are sissy now? :p

I doubt it but I have no idea.

The logo!



Note the Wolf...Matt at IGN was right!
 

0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
21,553
2,886
the windwaker item was such a terrible idea. no. i think this next game is going back to the ocarina, its been in all the biggest Zelda release so far (Links Awakening, Link to the Past, Ocarina of time)... and also the music in the trailer features a whistle/flute/ocarina like instrument. but who knows? im just sure that this game is partially an attack on people who said the Windwaker was kiddy. which it is, but it was still awesomely fun.

just search for the screenshots and video. this is for the grown ups ;)
 

0098386

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
21,553
2,886
minish cap is brilliant, it is identical to Links Awakening (GB) is so many ways but still a unique experience. shrinking is a little... weird... but it works.

personally my top zelda list in order;
1. Links Awakening (GB)
2. Link to the past (GBA)
3. Ocarina of Time (64)
4. Windwaker (cube)

but that said, the Windwaker was the most fun to control and battles were amazing. the story let it down for me, and the ocean.