The Netherlands Welcomes Donald Trump in His Own Words

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Jan 25, 2017.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Ah, the Low Countries. A lovely place with windmills, mosques, and a huge population of unassimilated Muslims, including one who cut off Vincent Van Gogh's great nephew's head a few years back. Better an ear than your head, I suppose.

2. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Did you lose your sense of humor this morning? Come on. This isn't the country's video - it's the equiv of Seth Meyers or other late night shows doing a bit.

3. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

You'll have to excuse him. He's still upset about the Packers losing.

4. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Hey, they went further than Adrian Peterson's team.

5. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

On so many levels, to hear Trump spout America First sounds so petty and selfish, like a little boy appealing to other small selfish minds.

Before the local Trumpets jump all over me, all of our leaders should be looking out for our interests, but Trump makes it sound so petty and selfish (yes, I repeated myself :p) and sends out a terrible message to the world. That message: it's all about us and **** you. Feel free to disagree. All countries should consider their interests ALONG WITH our shared interests as inhabitants of this planet, and as fellow human beings, don't you think?

BTW, they did a great job of mimicking The Donald. :D

6. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

Hardly. There is nothing wrong with putting America's interest ahead of the rest of the world.

What have you been smoking?

7. pivo6 macrumors 68000

pivo6

Thats fine. Im not a Vikings fan.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Humanity weed...

9. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Trump is putting Trump first. So far trying to kill off PP and NEA, among others - that's not serving AMERICA first. Especially PP.

10. BaldiMac, Jan 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2017

BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Because instability and and animosity in the rest of the world doesn't effect America?
    --- Post Merged, Jan 25, 2017 ---
    The abortion rate is at it's lowest level since Roe v Wade because of Planned Parenthood and the ACA and similar programs. Why is it so important to conservatives to punish women for getting pregnant, rather than address the reasons that these unintended pregnancies occur?

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Because there's a logic fail that cutting funding to these programs will save money. What they don't realize is - it won't. Not even close. It also puts people at risk.

12. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Cynically, it saves money for the rich and gives them more power. More poverty leads to more crime, less education, more people willing to work for less money, more scapegoats, more anger, etc. All things that allow the rich to justify and exert more control.

We've tried supply side economics twice in the last 35 years. Both times it's led to massive recessions within a decade. Here we go again!

13. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Every woman who marched on 21 January should give $5.00 a year to PP. Problem solved.

14. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

Because only women should have financial responsibility for pregnancy?

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

He is going to run into conflict of interests for as long as he's President, because he refuses to divest. On a private citizen level, I don't blame him. But for a President level, I don't think he should have run for President because of his unwillingness to divest. We'll never know what is motivations are unless he makes decisions for the country that are against his own business interests. Should I hold my breath for that?

16. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

In the scheme of things 500M that they get is peanuts.

17. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

PP is all about abortion?

18. BaldiMac macrumors 604

BaldiMac

No, but the funding cut for PP is all about abortion.

19. macmee Suspended

macmee

[​IMG]

Have you ever been to the Netherlands? Because I think the people living there would be surprised to learn that it's actually the sort of chaotic warzone you're describing....

20. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Who said anything about abortion? He said pregnancy.