The New iPad "Other: 17.6 GB" what's going on?

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I just synced my iPad 3 (i know, it's easier to say!) for the first time, and in iTunes it's showing 17.6 GB of space occupied by "other" ... anyone know what to do about this? Is it restore time?

Screen shot attached. I don't have anything lingering that would cause that to my knowledge.

Attachments

snow blind

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2011
Crap... I have a similar thing going on i have 9 gigs free and it says im full and cant update my apps! Tried a restore... Still happening! WTF is going on?!

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
Crap... I have a similar thing going on i have 9 gigs free and it says im full and cant update my apps! Tried a restore... Still happening! WTF is going on?!
eeeek this is no good :-(

----------

I just did a complete sync with i Tunes and it fixed it. Now just 2gb "other" which is normal for a 64gb ipad

dillacom

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2006
I have had that issue with an iPod and an iPad 1. Had to restore and sync

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 23, 2011
I sure seem to be getting "Waiting for sync to start.." and "Waiting for changes to be applied.." in iTunes. Never had this issue before.

clborden

macrumors regular
May 12, 2009
Derby, CT
I had this problem this morning. Then I realized I was still downloading an HD movie from iTunes "purchased" and I wasn't finished. Also, I deleted 2 other movies while it was connected via wifi, but it didn't register on my Mac. Anyway, once I deleted the HD unfinished movie and reset it, everything went back to normal. Anyway, my point was to check if you may be downloading previous purchases from iTunes, and possibly forgot.

...just a thought.

xnickitynickx

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2012
Orlando, FL
I've had it happen on an iPod before. Usually it means a corrupted file, like something happened with the connection along the way. Basically the quickest fix is a restore. Since you're already syncing to your computer, it should be fairly quick. I just hit restore and it fixed everything.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
It's the iOS software extension that provides the yellow tint, excessive heat and loss of icon in iCloud settings.