"The New iPad" = The New Way of Naming product lines?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by OneOkami, Mar 8, 2012.

1. OneOkami Guest

I don't think I'm the only one who found it interesting that Apple dropped the sequential numbering for the iPad line. If you think about, given the strength of the brand/product, this line isn't going anywhere anytime soon, and I only see the use of tablets increasing in the future. With sequential numbering, a likely long lasting product line is eventually gonna end up with names like iPad 8, iPad 11, etc and those don't sound very appealing (at least not to me).

Furthermore, considering product lines like the iPod and the Mac lines, they, like the iPad, get continual refreshes bringing hardware upgrades and have no sequential numbering. The iPhone is no exception to this (regarding the regular refreshing).

So I am curious if you guys think Apple may be planning to introduce the new iPhone as just that: "The New iPhone" and generally drop the sequential numbering idea from their product lines that receive continual refreshes.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It's like you don't really even see the forums on your screen.

3. WLS macrumors 65816

We'll jut call it "the new ipad" until it isn't new. Otherwise we will have the same problems that Volkswagon has with it's "New Beetle" which is no longer new since there is a Newer Beetle and the "old New Beetle" is just awkward. They just call them Beetles now.
    Same goes with the iPhone it'll be the new iPhone or iPad for nine months and then the genX whatever. :p

4. OneOkami thread starter Guest

Well excuse me. What I see is a sea of new threads likely spawning from excitement of the The New iPad that makes its unrealistically to do a linear scan of every single one of them to see if there is one with a discussion just like mine. And I tried a couple searches but didn't see anything very relevant to what I'm trying to start here. If I missed it, then I apologize. Excuse me for missing the needle in the haystack. :rolleyes:

If many people have a problem with this thread, fine, I'll delete it (or the mods can do it for me).

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm saying that this is a huge topic ... that's all.

6. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

Laziness and lies. Tried it myself and with only a 2 keyword search found 4 threads. It's in the MR TOS to search before posting.

7. OneOkami thread starter Guest

You now what, just forget it. Mods, delete this thread because I don't see the option to do so itself.