The new iPhone is not the iPhone I want

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nexsta, Sep 12, 2012.

1. nexsta, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

nexsta macrumors 6502

The new iPhone is not bad but it's not the phone I would love to have from Apple. I understand that many people love phones that are overloaded with the newest most fancy technology that is possible today but I also think that there are many people like me who would love a phone that concentrate on the core features and still uses the newest technology but in a different direction.

These are features I would love to see:

Extreme resistent - no more glass brakes - I know it's hard to achieve but Apple should highly concentrate on this significent problem

3.5 screen - consume less battery and I think the size is perfect for a phone

Slim (slimmer than the current 5 more like the iPod Touch 4G)

Less weight (like the iPod touch)

Curved alumnium back - again like the iPod touch 4G

Instead of fancy technology like LTE and 8MP and faster graphics, full concentration on a extreme long battery life (4MP photo camera and 720P video are absolutely enough)

Less price

There should be two iPhone versions, one like the just released iPhone 5 overloaded with the most fancy technology and a basic iPhone for people who love simple but useful things. What do you think?

2. Ayemerica macrumors demi-god

Ayemerica

3. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

The second version is the iPhone 4S 16gb for $99.

4. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

So you want an iPhone 4S in an Otterbox? Beat me to it!

5. nexsta, Sep 12, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2012

nexsta thread starter macrumors 6502

No, but I would rather have a phone with increased battery life and slimness and resistance instead of fancy technology I don't need like a 8MP cam, LTE, super fast graphics that drain my battery life and make the phone unuseful bigger.

Basically I want a iphone in a iPod touch 4th generation form with phone capabilities, better resitance and better battery life, I think it could be possible to build today.

6. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

Well you don't have to worry about getting overloaded with fancy technology in the iP5. It doesn't have much new technology in it.

And it got thinner.:rolleyes:

And they took the glass off the back.

I think it's well on it's way to becoming the device you listed. 2009 hardware in a 2011 case. Next year the 5s with have a 2.0 MP camera so they can make the housing smaller. The S won't stand for speed or siri....it'll stand for slim.

7. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Purchase or stick with one of the older models then.

8. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

This is an area that I think Nokia got right- they are offering two versions of their new phone. Once a little more basic, one a little more "pro".

While you can't please everyone, it certainty wouldn't kill apple to do this. Especially now that there are officially three different screen sizes running iOS. But I don't expect they will.

I think the new iPhone looks great, but I'm not convinced it is any better than the 4S for my daily needs.

9. silversun macrumors newbie

silversun

What's the use of the Cases ??. Do you buy your phone to throw at you dog ??. Besides, with lighter weight and aluminum back on the iPhone 5, the resistance should be better.
    Ok, go back to use your iphone 4/4s then
    Slimmer... 7.6mm is one of the slimmest phones on the market already
    Less weight (like the iPod touch)
    It's is lighter than the iPhone 4/4s already. Any lighter will make the phone feel like a toy
    So, you want to go back to your iphone 2G...
    You are asking for the impossible, lighter, thinner but bigger battery :rolleyes:. 4 MP is a no-brainer....
    Why would the latest version of iPhone be cheaper than the predecessors ?
    You are looking at a different company, not Apple. And isn't the iPod touch the rip-off version of iPhone. If you really want cheaper iPhone, buy the previous versions.

From what I see, you want an Ipod Touch Gen 4 and a dumb-phone, not iPhone 5 ;)

10. nexsta thread starter macrumors 6502

The chips need less energy from year to year. Getting better battery life and having a much thinner device is absolute possible. Without all the fancy stuff that drain the battery life the iPhone 5 could look like the ipod touch 4G.

I'm just dreaming of an iPhone that look absolute sexy and still is very useful and has a superb battery life and resistance. If you ever had a iPod touch 4G in your hand you would know that the form factor is perfect and it looks and feel like a iPhone from the future. Just imagine the iPhone 5 would look like this and even the back in full black aluminium, it could be possible without all the fancy stuff like a 8MP, bigger screen and LTE crap and super graphics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Because it's the iPhone fans deserve, but not the one it needs right now.

Or something.