"The new iPhone" press release

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
So the aspect ratio is confirm
It was only something I typed up based on the rumors which seemed most logical, which is why I didn't mention ludicrous stuff such as a 12 mp camera, quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 4.5 inch display, etc. To answer your question, no it's not confirmed by Apple, but yes, the rumors of a 4 inch display correspond with the 16:9 aspect ratio.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Second line should read "sixth generation" :)

1. iPhone
2. iPhone 3G
3. iPhone 3GS
4. iPhone 4
5. iPhone 4S
6. The new iPhone

McGiord

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2003
Dark Castle
I believe there's will be two modeled revealed: a very cheap one matching your description and the leaks, and a more advanced one that will have a lytro like camera and other stuff not known yet.

Also add the data plans that will make it different: way cheaper and faster than any other smartphone out there.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
I believe there's will be two modeled revealed: a very cheap one matching your description and the leaks, and a more advanced one that will have a lytro like camera and other stuff not known yet.

Also add the data plans that will make it different: way cheaper and faster than any other smartphone out there.
It's possible, but I don't see Apple fragmenting things even more. They'll already be selling the new device + the 4S + the 4 + possibly the 3GS.

anthonytkim

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011

The lytro camera would be awesome, but I don't think they can get them small enough for how thin they want the phone.

And why would they release a cheeper model if they can just drop the price on the other models?'

That being said, I thought the leaks would show a more radical re-design as well.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
The longer Apple drags this out, the more bizarre things get. It's quite an entertaining phenomenon. What an interesting display of control Apple is demonstrating.

Of even greater interest will be the state of people's behavior once this party is over. Nothing lasts forever. When one least expects it the tide will change. Now _ that _ will be one to watch.

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
What makes you think that?
Just think about how Apple works. New aspect ratio, 4 inch screen, LTE, refined form factor, improved camera, improved FaceTime camera. That's quite a bit for this iPhone. They need to (and always do) hold back something.

NFC seems like the perfect candidate to be held back. Next year, when the iPhone will look the same as this year's, NFC can be the big feature that will get people talking.

This year it's about the newly refined form factor, bigger screen, and 4G LTE.

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
Just think about how Apple works. New aspect ratio, 4 inch screen, LTE, refined form factor. That's quite a bit for this iPhone. They need to (and always do) hold back something.

NFC seems like the perfect candidate to be held back. Next year, when the iPhone will look the same as this year's, NFC can be the big feature that will get people talking.

This year it's about the newly refined form factor, bigger screen, and 4G LTE.
The problem with that is they will continue to remain a year behind the androids sIII that already has NFC

pear21

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
Michigan
Yea but NFC won't take off until Apple enters the market. So, they'll be ok.
Of course cuz apple is the God and they don't have to worry, I'm just saying phones already have it and next year they will put it in and say that it's brand new and everyone will fall for it

----------

Doesnt matter. If they use a metal back NFC wont work anyways.
Why would the metal stop it from working?

applefanDrew

macrumors 65816
Jul 17, 2010
Of course cuz apple is the God and they don't have to worry, I'm just saying phones already have it and next year they will put it in and say that it's brand new and everyone will fall for it
Thinly veiled sarcasm?

It's the way it has always worked with iPhone. Apple comes to the market last but always kicks off the "need" of consumers for whatever it is they are bringing.