The new iPhone will be NOTHING like the leaked pics

taedouni

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2011
California
How exactly was everybody fooled with the 4S again?
Maybe he was fooled.

----------

Everyone thought it was going to be this new tear drop design. But it came out looking exactly the same as the 4. Bar minor changes.
There were no parts that were released. It was just a hunch because case makers thought that it was for sure. The 4S, just like the new iPad had parts leaked that turned out to be legit. This is exactly what is happening with the latest iPhone. These leaks are due to Apple mass producing their products early.

FSMBP

macrumors 68020
Jan 22, 2009
Everyone thought it was going to be this new tear drop design. But it came out looking exactly the same as the 4. Bar minor changes.
For the millionth time, the tear-drop design was only a rumor with fan-made renderings. I and several others never believed it. Not to mention there were rumors last year about "a faster iPhone in the same shell as the iPhone 4" (which turned out to be the real 4S).

This year, we have part leaks (just like we did with iPhone 4, 4S, iPad 2 etc. - which all turned out to be true). And this is multiple part leaks that are all consistent.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
We didn't have any enclosure leaks with the 4S (well, at that point it was the rumored 5 redesign). For this one we have had many part leaks from different sources, all very consistent.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
There are two rather undeniable reasons that Apple has, as an excuse for keeping the phone almost exactly the same.

1) It's a very easy, cheap, and safe way to go.

2) It will sell in huge volume since not many have the guts to push back. They are programmed to accept whatever Apple puts out & rave about it.

Dustman

macrumors 65816
Apr 17, 2007
There's no way the next iPhone will NOT look like the leaks. Feel free to put me in my place if I'm wrong on launch day.

jav6454

macrumors P6
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Apple will fool all of you again like they did with the 4S
Agree with this. To an extent. Apple did have cases and part leaks before which all turned out to be wrong. All these leaks originate from the same sources in the end, Chinese contacts. The same sources that brought us the tear drop rumor last time and case parts which ended up being wrong and fake.

If anything, Gizmodo will have a the next iPhone like when the iPhone 4 was leaked by them. That I would trust.

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
There are two rather undeniable reasons that Apple has, as an excuse for keeping the phone almost exactly the same.

1) It's a very easy, cheap, and safe way to go.

2) It will sell in huge volume since not many have the guts to push back. They are programmed to accept whatever Apple puts out & rave about it.
And one good reason why not.

1. The S3 & Upcoming phones will completely **** over that piece of **** Iphone 5 if they keep the same boring design.
If they keep the design the same this year, Apple is done. Well at least iphone, No way they'll recover.

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

1. The S3 & Upcoming phones will completely **** over that piece of **** Iphone 5 if they keep the same boring design.
If they keep the design the same this year, Apple is done. Well at least iphone, No way they'll recover.
Everywhere I look I see a GS3. Keeping the design the same probably isn't going to help with that you're right about that but I wouldn't say Apple won't recover.. that's a bit extreme.

Last edited:

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA

You people keep saying that before every release and you're wrong every year. I look forward to you being wrong, as usual, in a few months when sales figures are released.

Blakjack

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2009
Maybe he was fooled.

----------

There were no parts that were released. It was just a hunch because case makers thought that it was for sure. The 4S, just like the new iPad had parts leaked that turned out to be legit. This is exactly what is happening with the latest iPhone. These leaks are due to Apple mass producing their products early.
Don't be Silly now, you know many people were fooled last year into thinking the teardrop design was the one. To as people weren't fooled is rediculous.

HishamAkhtar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2011
We didn't have any enclosure leaks with the 4S (well, at that point it was the rumored 5 redesign). For this one we have had many part leaks from different sources, all very consistent.
Maybe we did but it was hard to tell considering it was the same shape as the iPhone 4.

iapplelove

macrumors 601
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
I try not to pay too much attention to rumors and renderings this time of year but it's very hard not to believe these part leaks are legit

gta50419

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
most reputable sources (such as 9to5mac) correctly predicted the 4S release, i'm not sure what you are getting at. :rolleyes:
They also showed the teardrop last year & the cases, See how that turnted out :rolleyes:
9to5mac doesn't know ****.