Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

philip in al

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2010
So today I upgraded to the new version of lock info 3.0. I noticed, among another few issues, the nice and shiny lockinfo replacement icons I was using (lockinfo icons) via winterboard, no longer appear on the lock screen. Any idea what happened? Are the lockinfo icons not compatible with the new lockinfo 3.0?

The only winterboad themes that sit above the lockinfo icons theme are High Gloss for Lockinfo, and htc plugin HD theme for lockinfo.

Thanks

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
So today I upgraded to the new version of lock info 3.0. I noticed, among another few issues, the nice and shiny lockinfo replacement icons I was using (lockinfo icons) via winterboard, no longer appear on the lock screen. Any idea what happened? Are the lockinfo icons not compatible with the new lockinfo 3.0?

The only winterboad themes that sit above the lockinfo icons theme are High Gloss for Lockinfo, and htc plugin HD theme for lockinfo.

Thanks

Yep, this new 3.0 version requires new versions of themes (due to many changes in the architecture), so old themes probably won't work.

dudeabiding

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2009
Yep- my green type theme also bit the dust. Everything seems fine with the app, though. Still playing with the new stuff on it.

white-usagi

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
I think there are a few additional options and plugins. I've been running off the beta repository for some time and it's been working well for me. I run LockInfo + OpenNotifier for push notification status icons. Works perfectly. :)

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
This is something that's been happening in lockinfo for as long as a I can remember but when I tap on an email and it's loading, if it takes a long time the screen will turn off and the email will be marked as read (and thus disappear from my lockscreen) even though I never got to read it. Does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere that controls how long the screen will remain turned on while the email tries to load? It seems like emails with a lot of graphics take longer to load and I'd like the screen to stay on until the email loads so that I can actually read it.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
This is something that's been happening in lockinfo for as long as a I can remember but when I tap on an email and it's loading, if it takes a long time the screen will turn off and the email will be marked as read (and thus disappear from my lockscreen) even though I never got to read it. Does anyone know if there's a setting somewhere that controls how long the screen will remain turned on while the email tries to load? It seems like emails with a lot of graphics take longer to load and I'd like the screen to stay on until the email loads so that I can actually read it.

im not sure, when i tap an email from the lockscreen i have to tap 'done' to go back to the lockscreen, i do have lockscreen dim delay install maybe thats helping

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
the fav's is a very good addition. Also, small touches like contact pic's next to SMS/MMS and email's. Also, supports MMS. Lockinfo will show little previews of pictures MMS'd to you. All in All, worthy upgrade plus its a free upgrade for regular users.

As for email, I've never had issues with my emails rendering. I tap on it, the screen turns around and shows me my email.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
As for email, I've never had issues with my emails rendering. I tap on it, the screen turns around and shows me my email.

Really? It never shows "Loading" for a bit while an email loads? Do you get emails with a lot of images or anything like that?

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I'm still trying to figure out why a double hit of the Home button in Lockinfo brings up the iPod player at the top of the window. I've never set any pref to do this and can't seem to find anywhere on my phone where I can change it from happening.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
I'm still trying to figure out why a double hit of the Home button in Lockinfo brings up the iPod player at the top of the window. I've never set any pref to do this and can't seem to find anywhere on my phone where I can change it from happening.

are you sure your Activator is not set to this?

debudebu

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2008
trying to figure out if I want to install this again. It's basically just a way to indicate unread mail/messages/rss/tweets/weather and theming ability right? I've read about it a little but can someone tell me what other unknown or good features it has apart from the above?

Does it allow you to "lock info" like texts from certain people coming through to the lock screen?

imac9556

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2004
Those who updated... does the Appigo Todo plugin work fine in Lockinfo 3.0? I didn't upgrade yet because everything it working perfectly for me... :) But I want to see what Lockinfo 3.0 offers without breaking anything. lol

los318

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
Austin, Tx
Really? It never shows "Loading" for a bit while an email loads? Do you get emails with a lot of images or anything like that?

I dont get a lot of emails with images. Only text mostly. so yes, it renders very quick. for me.

That isnt a Lockinfo setting. That is a setting that comes on the Iphone from Apple. I'm not sure if there is a way to stop that on the lockscreen or not.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I
That isnt a Lockinfo setting. That is a setting that comes on the Iphone from Apple. I'm not sure if there is a way to stop that on the lockscreen or not.

Double click Home is something you can set in prefs under General. If I'm using the phone a double click will get me to what I've set there which is phone Favorites. Only in the lock screen does the double click bring up the iPod player.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010

And here's a good one. If I play something in the Lock Screen with the player then after I open the phone a double click of Home WILL activate the player and over ride my setting in the prefs for phone Favorites. Weird.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.