The New Macbook 12" or Lenovo X1/X250? Let me know your opinion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blackbirdz, Sep 20, 2015.

1. blackbirdz macrumors member

Buy New Macbook 12" or Lenovo X1/X250?

I am Windows User, but in my line of work (document editting and email), I could use both Macbook or Windows Laptop. I would love to try the new Macbook considering I have iPhone and I feel that iOS is the best phone I ever had.

At home, I want to work with 2 external monitors and I want to connect these 2 monitors to a laptop. Is the New Macbook capable of such thing?

In terms of build, quality, would you buy New Macbook 12" or Lenovo X1/X250?

2. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

Strictly build quality? The Macbook likely wins, though the X1 is a nice computer the aluminum case makes the Mac feel more premium. From a performance perspective, the Macbook can't beat either of those. The MB uses a different class of CPU than the X1 or the X250, it does this so it can meet the thermal requirements of not having a cooling fan.

3. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

I think many would argue that carbon fiber feels more premium. It doesn't get hot, dent, or creak. Also, Apple's Bootcamp drivers are crap.

If you need Windows, the X1 might be a good choice. OS X won me over and I only run Windows in a VM occasionally. I'll have my eye on a MacBook next time around when the power maybe isn't so limiting. In the meantime, I'm enjoying my 13" rMBP.