"The next president is calling you" (interactive)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 4, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2016/politics/global-headaches/

The results may surprise.

Wish it were text-based on not videos one has to sit through before making a choice, but if people feel any of the questions posed feel rigged please say so (I thought the issues were largely handled, though the "answer key" did open up some avenues for thought and more nuanced context... )

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I thought this was silly. Many of the questions had "maybe" answers instead of "yes".

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Totally not slanted at all.

4. thermodynamic thread starter Suspended

thermodynamic

My take on those: "Maybe" allows room for nuance and even "no". A catch-all. "Yes" basically says one agrees, but does not allow for nuances other than what the question poses (if any). Looking at the "answer key" (not the best name, but whatever) also creates room for nuance.

Maybe I got too focused on what the presenters were saying, but I'll admit to sitting through each of the glitzy mini-videos.

5. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

If you look at the Gadaffi question it was either yes or maybe for "was taking out Gadaffi the right thing to do". My answer would have been "NO!!!!!" No nuance about it.

6. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

"Nuanced" to not count as a negative toward Hillary.