The Nike + Heart Rate Monitor will not work with the iPhone. Pissed? Do something.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vegeta-san, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Vegeta-san macrumors 6502

Here is an article announcing the Nike + Heart Rate Monitor: http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/08/polar-and-nike-announce-wearlink-heart-rate-monitor-for-nike/ . I just emailed Nike + at http://www.nike.com/help/us/#/contact-us about the Nike Heart Rate Monitor (HRM), here is that conversation:

My email:
    "Hello. It's come to my attention that the Nike + HRM cannot interface with the Nike + software of the iPhone 3GS or the iPhone 4. This is literally a huge missed opportunity guys. So many people, including myself, use Nike + on their 3GS's and I'd like to be able to confidently use the HRM with Nike + on my iPhone 4. I understand it may take a while to develop, but you need to make this work. You're missing out on a huge opportunity for sales. Thank you."

Response:
    "Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I am more than happy to pass this on.

Yes you are correct, the iPhone 3G S and the iPhone 4G are not compatible at this time. However I will definitely pass your thoughts onto our site developers letting them know that you would like to see it become compatible. We always welcome your feedback and we are listening. Nike's heritage is based on technically designed athletic products to enhance performance. It is through input from consumers like you that we are able to improve the Nike+ experience.

If you have anymore questions please let me know. I am here to help!

Keep Running,
    Ben
    Nike Running"
    --------------------------------------
    Don't like this as I don't? Cool. They obviously are listening to customer concerns, so if you want this on your iPhone, EMAIL THEM and let them know! If everyone on this forum hammered them with an email requesting HRM support on the iPhone, they'd be remiss to ignore us. Again, email them here: http://www.nike.com/help/us/#/contact-us

2. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

3. Vegeta-san thread starter macrumors 6502

Come on guys, I know there are some of you who will rally with me and induce Nike to make this change!

4. Nickolaubr macrumors newbie

I'm a little surprised as well... Bought the new iphone, Nike+ and saw the polar wearlink at nike store..

Didn't even thought: "Will it work together?" Well, off course it should work...

Brand new iPhone?!

Well it doesn't.

And now Apple, Nike, Polar?

5. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I've been running the last couple of months using the Couch25k app and really enjoyed adding the Nike+ app when I got my new iPhone4 (had a 3G without it before). TOgether, they make it so much easier to get started as you literally can just run and do not have to concentrate on anything, yet can still track your progress. I have seen the ads for the heart monitor at Nikes site and I too never dreamed that it would not be compatible.

6. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

Count me in wanting it to work. I will sign petition.

7. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Yep, that will solve the problem.........

8. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

The crossover between "people who exercise" and "people who spend all day on a BBS devoted to cell phones" is probably pretty small.

I daresay that you and the 2 replies you have may represnt all 3 of you!

9. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

That stinks because I love my Nike+, I started using it on an iTouch 2nd Gen, then iPhone 3GS, now my iPhone 4 and I have logged over 400+ miles running since March of 2010, I was just about to buy a HRM then read posts in here, started Googling, but that is really bad that it doesn't work with the App on the phone.

Nike needs to Fix asap

10. spencers macrumors 68020

spencers

I've logged 769 miles on Nike+ since I purchased it.
    I just don't have a need for the HRM.

Can't lump us all in one category.

Anyway, to help out, here's a thread on the nike forums.
    http://forums.nike.com/thread.jspa?threadID=31927&tstart=0

11. Reefbone macrumors regular

I've only seen one HRM device out there but it takes another module that plugs into the phone to communicate withthe strap. The combo is prcing and I don't like the module aspect.

I don't understand why there isn't a a HRM strap that uses bluetooth to communicate to the phone 9 that has the software on it. Seems basic enough.