The nutty rad-fem movement continues to emasculate and feminise the male

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by orestes1984, Dec 27, 2014.

1. orestes1984, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2014

orestes1984 macrumors 65816

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ives-guilty-domestic-abuse-new-crackdown.html

These laws have an incredible power to be abused and are utterly ridiculous. If someone so much as raises their voice in the UK in an argument with someone of the opposite sex they may soon be charged with the same level of offense as someone who engages in battery.

OK.

The idea put forward leaves open the pathway to an utterly ridiculous situation that overstretches police forces and leaves them having to deal with and intervene in what is nothing more than civil disputes and private disagreements between two individuals under duress of the law. People can and often do behave badly in relationships towards one another, and it's common because after all we all suffer from the human condition and its frailties. This is not realistically an area in which the state should intervene.

Domestic violence and its claims on the other hand over the last 20 years have become a massive industry for nutty, affirmative action disgendering feminists across the world and these laws are just representative of it.

Yes of course domestic violence isn't a trivial matter, but leave these disputes as matters for which the family courts deal with and divorce lawyers. As it is now all that has to be said is "he said naughty words to me in a loud voice" and it could land the "perpetrator" in jail for 14 years. Organisations such as the National Federation of Women’s Aid and Refuge in the UK have a vested interest in pushing this agenda and seeing these laws get up.

2. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

That makes no sense.

Theresa May is not a "radical feminist", Radical Feminists take a massive stand against the feminisation of what they see as men.

Could you drop the hyperbole? It doesn't exactly set the stage for a worthwhile discussion.

I don't yet have a strong opinion on the law, but it has absolutely nothing to do with radical feminists, or even any direct link to mainstream feminism.

3. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

BS, it makes absolute sense and there isn't any hyperbole in it, as it is it takes matter of personal dispute as matters of interest to the police in cases of spousal abuse.

It turns into a he said she said, and of course, it only needs to be said, "he said rude words to me" and there you go.

It's a straight out continuation of the agenda to emasculate the male gender and feminise society as a whole.

4. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Your edited post is certainly an improvement, so I'll thank you for that.

I still don't see the link with emasculation? This isn't about a few rude words, I'd wager it's about systematic bullying. We've probably all seen it happen with friends when people get with a partner that just picks them apart, belittles them, and makes them a shadow of their former self.

It's a serious issue. What does this law do to emasculate you exactly?

5. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

There needs to be some legal recourse available for clicking on threads only to find out they emanate from the daily mail.

6. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

It does what it does, if it wasn't bad enough, as it were it puts it in a situation where the average household dispute could see a man in jail for 14 years. It isn't thought out well enough, and its open to rife and wide spread abuse where it involves the police interfering in what would otherwise be civil disputes.

And don't come out and tell me otherwise, when women are open to claiming abuse at the drop of the hat, in heavily manipulative relationships with no recourse for males. It plays right into the textbook of the already existing heavily manipulative situation where if a male says one bad word the whole world is against them without any actual understanding of the context.

If you've never seen the situation, spend a night out in public and watch it happening at will on a daily basis.

7. Meister Suspended

Meister

I agree with orestes. I also see thought crime as a feminin phenomenon. It is quite staggering that the article mentions abusive husbands but not abusive wives. Psychological abuse is nothing tangible and open for misuse. If your spouse abuses you, get a divorce.

8. ron7624 Contributor

ron7624

?
    I have seen the exact opposite. Why is there no mention of men being abused. I'm pretty sure that is just as common.

9. lostngone macrumors demi-god

lostngone

Does the law mention men, male or husband in any form? Because I have seen plenty of wives yelling at husbands.

10. Mord, Dec 27, 2014

Mord macrumors G4

Mord

The source is the daily mail, it will be worded that way to rile you up. To take a daily mail article as an example of feminist intent is madness.

You've not answered my question, and you seem to be having an argument with me that I'm not making. I said earlier, I don't have a strong opinion on the law, nothing you've said addresses the issue of emasculation.

So you clearly think this puts you at risk? Why does this detract from your masculinity? I have no issue with you objecting to the law, it superficially seems fairly heavy handed and open to abuse, I just don't see how this has anything to do with your masculinity.

11. orestes1984, Dec 27, 2014

orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

This, it's simply nothing that is tangible and ends up in he said she said arguments that inevitably end up favoring the feminine protectionist society that is the modern landscape we all live in.

One can invariably see the fault in this system and how incredibly psychologically manipulative some relationships can get.

There is nothing with tangible evidence that can be prosecuted against and it is purely a matter for the family courts, relationship counselors and at the end of the chain, divorce lawyers to sort out.

It's not up to police officers to step in at this level, particularly when it puts "emotional abuse" on the same level as battery.

It's all a load of heavily manipulable nonsense.

You obviously haven't spent enough time out there living in he world we live in today to notice how when it comes to claims of abuse, how heavily this issue is stacked in favor of women. Or if I so much as walk out my door and look the wrong way at a woman on the street, I'm automatically a pervert, rapist, or any other number of things let alone I actually attempt to converse with a woman these day.

I'm not sure you get the issue yet.

12. Zxxv Suspended

Irony :p

13. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

In certain ways? Sure. Men are often not taken seriously when they report being victims of abuse, that's a problem. Socially the world is such that men generally wouldn't report a rape to get back at a woman. Most men are too embarrassed to admit they've been raped when they have genuinely been raped.

Men usually have all the power to be violently and sexually abusive in a relationship, without fear for their personal safety. A natural consequence of this is that crying wolf is one of the few ways most women can exert abusive power over men. I would imagine that our views here are fairly comparable?

Abuse is ****** either way, physical, verbal, violent, legal or otherwise. The issue of false accusations may well be heavily stacked in favour of women but that's just one way against countless others where the opposite is true. We need to tackle all of them.

You've still not answered my question, how does this relate to your masculinity? This specific issue is one that primarily disadvantages men, That's not what I'm arguing. How are you being emasculated.

If you dodge the question again, I'll drop it, but you're still trying to have an argument with me that I'm not making.

14. Zxxv Suspended

lighting doesn't strike in the same place twice # irony 2.0

15. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

It's in the same way that a rapist takes power from someone by exerting undue power over the top of a man and society has willfully accepted the fact and adhered to a code that a woman cries foul the man is automatically the scum of the earth.

The fact that claims of rape and perversion can be thrown around like this is the inherent issue and these only laws only serve to increase the powers of those woman in society who are incredibly manipulative.

That there is pretty much the definition of bollocks yet I go out and mind my own business and I can guarantee you, particularly if I go out on a Saturday night as it is today I will be minding my own business and a myriad of accusations will be thrown at me as a man.

Because hey, rape sells as a tool of empowerment for the feminist agenda when it never should be that and the act itself is incredibly heinous and sickening.

I've answered your question, it's up to you to read what I've said rather than throwing around accusations that I haven't.

16. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

That's quite odd. I'll take your word for it but that's the first time I've ever had a man complain that going out consistently results in such accusations.

I'm actually quite an avid clubber, and female, my typical Saturday night more often than not involves a guy trying to cop a feel when I'm not looking. I'd say this happens 2/3 times, and it's really quite rare for no one in my group to get any kind of trouble. I've had guys thrown out a few times, but only when there was no ambiguity.

People are savages, that's pretty unavoidable, I don't think this is an issue with feminism, more the general public?

17. Happybunny macrumors 68000

I got this from the web; this article explains it in far less hostile terms.

New Domestic Abuse Law Could Include 'Psychological Abuse' - But What Exactly Does That Mean?
    The Huffington Post UK
    A new domestic abuse law could criminalise 'psychological abuse' in intimate relationships.

This move has been welcomed by domestic abuse charities, who have long been saying that psychological abuse is just as harmful as physical abuse.

Now, people who emotionally abuse their partners by threatening violence, cutting off friends or refusing access to money could be prosecuted - a move that not only acknowledges the gravity of emotional abuse, but that supports a host of vulnerable individuals.

But what exactly constitutes such behaviour?

According to the government, controlling behaviour is defined as “a range of acts designed to make a person subordinate and/or dependent by isolating them from sources of support, exploiting their resources and capacities for personal gain, depriving them of the means needed for independence, resistance and escape and regulating their everyday behaviour.”

Speaking to HuffPost UK Lifestyle, Polly said: "This controlling and coercive behaviour is central to domestic violence: it doesn’t ‘lead to’ physical violence (and physical violence isn’t the ‘worse’ form of abuse), physical violence is one tool some perpetrators use to maintain their control.

"Psychological abuse and control are different to verbal abuse, which is another tool of control, much as financial and sexual abuse are."

The Law Is Failing Victims of Domestic Violence
    To Criminalise Domestic Violence We Need the Public Vote
    Domestic abuse doesn't discriminate. People from all walks of life are affected, both male and female, young and old, no matter what the social background.

But according to Polly, it mainly affects women and some are more likely to be affected than others.

"Women who are vulnerable are more likely to experience domestic abuse, because it is easier for a perpetrator to isolate and control them.

"This includes younger women, aged 16-24 who are the age group most-likely to experience abuse; disabled women; women with mental or chronic physical health problems; and women who speak limited English.

"Some things can also make domestic violence in a relationship get worse, or increase in intensity, with pregnancy or having a small child being a particular risk."

In terms of what to look out for, some signs could be:
    Your partner:
    Preventing you from seeing your friends or family
    Stopping you from continuing or starting a college course, or from going to work
    Constantly checking up on you or following you
    Uploading tracking software to your phone, keys, or similar
    Accusing you unjustly of flirting or of having affairs
    Repeatedly belittling or humiliating you, or regularly criticising or insulting you
    Deliberately destroying any of your possessions
    Denying you access to money or credit cards
    Hurting or threatening you, your children, or your pets
    Forcing you to do things you don’t want to do, including sexually

You:
    Feeling frightened or like you have to ‘walk on eggshellls’ for fear of their reaction
    Changing your behaviour because you're afraid of what your partner might do or say to you
    Feeling like you can’t do anything right for your partner sometimes, while at other times you are put on a pedestal
    Remembering things, and being told they didn’t happen, or not remembering things your partner insists happened
    Feeling like you’re going mad or can’t trust your own feelings and beliefs about your partner and the behaviour you’re experiencing
    So what should you do if you recognise these signs in your own relationship or the relationship of a loved one?

If you are affected:

It’s not your fault, you don’t deserve it, and there is help available. Call the Freephone, 24-hour National Domestic Violence Helpline, run in partnership between Women’s Aid and Refuge on 0808 2000 247, or find help online at www.womensaid.org.uk

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.

If a friend is affected:

If you’re worried immediately for anyone’s safety, call the police on 999. Otherwise, let the woman know you’re there for her and that there is help available.

Don’t try and force her to tell you what’s going on, or to leave, but let her know that psychological abuse and control is domestic violence and she shouldn’t be treated like that. Let her know it’s not her fault and she doesn’t deserve it, and that although she might feel like she couldn’t cope alone, she would probably feel much stronger if she were no longer with someone who was telling her she couldn’t cope.

But a woman has to take the decision to leave herself, when she’s ready, so don’t judge her if she chooses to stay or if she doesn’t think it’s safe to escape, and keep the lines of communications open so she doesn’t become even more isolated.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...w-psychological-abuse-coercive_n_5698819.html

This of course is far less inflammatory, than the Daily Hate would like it to be.

18. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

Nice one, thanks Happybunny :) Hopefully this'll help focus discussion.

19. Zxxv Suspended

Sometimes I think women have forgotten how to be a lady and men have forgotten how to be a gentlemen. Both bring out the best in the other.
    What I see a lot these days is women who are men and men who are women. And I don't mean the lady gentlemen kind. I mean the beer swilling dick slinging cussing punch happy womenman and the oh so gentle and quite like manwomen who just wants to drink his beer and be left alone to chit chat. Roles have definitely swapped in a lot of places.

20. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah they have which is inclusive of half the issue with "manly ladies" that want to throw around all kinds of nonsense from which the majority of the cases you can't win no matter how you approach the situation :mad:

I'm by no means a girly man, but its the things you put up with these days when you want to just enjoy yourself go out and do whatever it is normal people do when they go out.

21. Happybunny macrumors 68000

before you use the Daily Hate again think about this.

Corrupt nation holding a gun to the EU's head
    By MATTHEW LYNN
    UPDATED: 08:58 GMT, 2 November 2011

Think carefully: While there has been widespread anger at the austerity measures, the Greek public will have to weigh up the alternatives if they decide not to accept the European deal
    RIGHTMINDS: Greeks should reject the EU bailout and resign from the eurozone
    The worst Nazi war crimes of all were essentially economic
    RIGHTMINDS: Festering anger, Nazi war crimes and the £60bn the Greeks believe the Germans owe them
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE
    Could the Greeks really contemplate voting against the bail-out package and bringing ruin down on their own country? Don’t rule it out. Greece has always had a siege mentality. It is very different from the rest of the EU. It was part of the Ottoman Empire for centuries before it became an independent country in the early 19th century, and psychologically is as much a part of Turkey and the Middle East as it is of Europe. It has few shared traditions with Western Europe.
    Greeks have never minded defaulting on their debts. The country defaulted in 1826, 1843, 1860 and 1893. It has been in default for half of its existence. Only two countries in the world have a worse record – Honduras and Ecuador.
    On the wider question of membership of the single currency and the EU, opinion in Greece is much less antagonistic towards Brussels, another opinion poll showing that 58 per cent of Greeks are in favour of remaining within the euro.
    We should hardly be surprised, given how well Greece has done out of the EU, which it joined in 1981, and the single currency.
    The country is nothing like the advanced societies of northern Europe. It has little industry and much of the population is poor. Membership of the EU has meant not only lavish subsidies for public services, but also low interest rates. Before joining the single currency, Greece’s interest rates were generally above 10 per cent. But, tied to Germany’s, they fell to just 1.5 per cent.
    Able to borrow money far more cheaply than before, the Greek government showed breathtaking irresponsibility, and money has been squandered on an epic scale, most of it on the massive state machine.
    Risk: If Greece does somehow remain in the euro, the endless cycle of debt, crisis, blackmail and turmoil will continue
    Risk: If Greece does somehow remain in the euro, the endless cycle of debt, crisis, blackmail and turmoil will continue
    Greece has an absurdly large public sector, filled with employees who enjoy a far higher standard of living than those in the private sector. Many civil servants can retire at 49 on excellent pensions. An unmarried daughter of a state official can inherit his pension when he dies, which both deters marriage and increases public debts. Corruption, waste and mismanagement have been rampant, while paying taxes has been almost a voluntary activity.
    Last year, for instance, 34 doctors in Athens claimed to earn less than £9,000 a year, which meant they were exempt from any tax. One dentist reported an annual income of £250
    Greece cannot go on like this. For too long, encouraged by misguided and self-interested politicians, the EU’s largesse and excessive credit from foreign banks, the country has lived far beyond its means. Whatever happens next, whether it be a general election or a referendum, both Greece and Europe are about to pay a terrible price for this folly.
    If Greece does somehow remain in the euro, either through a Yes vote or a change of government, the endless cycle of debt, crisis, blackmail and turmoil will continue. There is no easy way out of this mess, one which only emphasises how foolish Brussels was to allow this backward, irresponsible and corrupt nation to the join the eurozone in the first place.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...ation-holding-gun-EUs-head.html#ixzz3N6VIifrI
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

22. Zxxv Suspended

I understand completely what you say. I'm not a girly man either. Your right we can't win.not that it's about winning.

23. orestes1984 thread starter macrumors 65816

Meh... you're barking up the wrong tree and trying to cause an argument that I'm not part of for whatever agenda it is you have. I picked a relevant and new article. The same story is printed by various other media outlets and I won't have any part of your argument.

I'm not here to be lectured either Happybunny.

I'm out... so don't expect a reply anytime in the next 12 to 18 hours.

24. Gym Hellwig macrumors regular

Umm.. no. Where did you get that from? And what does "feminisation of what they see as men" even mean? Is that english?

This story is a textbook example of radical feminism.

----------

I'd argue women are actually more likely to engage in this sort of behavior than men. There are countless stories of verbally abusive wives - men are told simply to "man up" and ignore it or brush it off.

25. Zxxv Suspended

let me see if I've got this right.

14 years jail for calling your wife/partner names

or

14 years jail for kicking the crap out of your wife/partner

hmm she's going to say you said stuff and your going to jail anyway so you eh should, you kick her a bit or ...eh you can't make up your mind.

I think I got it now.

where a women would be called names before and cry into her pillow in future she probably has a 99% chance of receiving a kicking instead.

hows it going to work again? has it been thought through?

:rolleyes: