The Office + PhotoBooth..any nasty photoshoppers that can put us all in The Office?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by christall109, Dec 6, 2007.

1. christall109 macrumors 6502

Hey Guys,

I love "The Office". I think its probably the best show on television. I was wondering if any you guys out there would possibly photo shop ryan out the picture below so that we can all have an "Office back drop" on our Macs with the New PhotoBooth.

IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED AND I KNOW MANY WILL ENJOY IT.

Attached Files:

• Ryan.png
      Ryan.png
      File size:
      783.2 KB
      Views:
  2. shlauncha macrumors member

Wouldn't it just be easier to take a new picture of a similar scene. Part of what makes "The Office" funny is that it could be Any Office, USA.

3. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

It would be easier, but it just isn't the same:)

4. ryanmcd02 macrumors member

It is an awful lot of image area to create. It would be difficult to clone portions of the image that large and maintain high enough resolution for a computer screen, I think.

5. kkat69 macrumors 68020

kkat69

I'll give it a shot tonight when I'm on my Mac.

6. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys i really appreciate it your making a lot of office fans happy:)

7. redshift20 macrumors member

You caught me while I was bored at work :)

It's not my best work, but it should fool some people, hehe. Make sure you post screenshots! Enjoy.

Attached Files:

8. ab2650 macrumors 6502a

Wow, that's damn fine work I must say; There's no way you couldn't tell when using it as a backdrop on iChat. Bravo!

9. christall109 thread starter macrumors 6502

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I'm actually planning on using the video feature in photobooth to record an announcement to my school of the formation of a club dedicated to the office.

I will post the vid to youtube.

AGAIN THANK YOU SO MUCH.

10. coolg35748 macrumors newbie

Nice job redshift20! I am a huge office fan and I will most likely use this for sometime when I get my macbook after christmas!

11. Coolnat2004 macrumors 6502

Coolnat2004

I LOVE The Office! We had weekly Office parties before the writers strike ceased production.

I wish we had an Office club at my school!

12. redshift20 macrumors member

No problem at all.. I'm glad to help!

13. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

That is a very good edit, it is really hard to tell close up that it was even edited. :D

I tried the new backdrop as well in photo booth, and it seems not to fit completely.

14. redshift20 macrumors member

The perfectionist in me took seize this morning, heh. If anyone wants it, I fixed a few little things that were bugging me.

Attached Files:

15. redshift20 macrumors member

Oh that's a bummer. If you let me know how it needs to be modified, I can make the changes. I've never used photo booth, so I'm in the dark on this one . :)

16. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

Watch the UK original version of the Office....the American version is so very bad..............

17. compuguy1088 macrumors 6502a

compuguy1088

Though there is the issue with that some people will not understand the UK version from the fact that there is a difference in humor between the UK, and the US. I would have to agree that there are issues with the US version, especially Carell, who just doesn't seem humorous. His character is basically an idiot, which is hard to laugh at. The other characters on the US version are much better than he is.

Its because of the fact that the picture is formatted in 1080i resolution, which is widescreen. Photo booth and iSight built in camera are not widescreen, so it blows up an area on the screen. It only shows the area on the left side of the picture.

Here is what I'm saying (ignore the issue with the backdrop detection):

Attached Files: