Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve jr.

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2005
Akron, OH
By the looks of those previews, I think Virginia's gonna get it...if ya know what I mean. "Kiss the Chef" But really, yeah, I'm with you iGary, I hope Sara gets kicked off tonight.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
We stumbled upon this show about halfway through the season, and we've found it to be surprisingly entertaining. Something about watching a chef chew out his underlings with the greatest of ease and the highest of blood pressures that provides for hours of entertainment and dreaming of chewing out nasty people. It overpowers the desire to throw up as I watch all the various foods (food...ewww...) being made.

But I digress.... Personally, I'm voting for Keith because I think he has the best overall potential to run a restaurant.

EDIT: Holy crap! Tonight's episode was AWESOME!! I loved the little twist at the end, although I have to say I kinda wondered if it was coming. In any case, I'm happy with the result.

jaysmith

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2005
this is one of the few, or only, reality show i make an effort to watch. actually this and family guy is all i've seen in weeks. i love it though, knowing that some of these people thought they were good enough to run a restaurant but can't cook a good grilled cheese.

you have to watch it from th;e perspective of ramsay, and imagine him as the "good guy". it makes the other chefs hilarious, and watching their self esteem and hopes go down the pooper kills me.

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Holy crap! Tonight's episode was AWESOME!! I loved the little twist at the end, although I have to say I kinda wondered if it was coming. In any case, I'm happy with the result.

Well I knew that Sarah would not "get it" directly, and as soon as Ramsay temporarily threw out Virginia's immunity, I knew something was up. There was no way Virginia would just give up like that.

It will be interesting to see if Virginia has been just playinig stupid all the time, or if she is really good...I just can't see her winnig over Heather.

I think it will come down to Heather and Keith, and Keith will win. Ching ching. :cool:

Curren~Sea

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2006
Vancouver, BC
What a great show! Glad that I stumbled on this thread and started watching.

Right now I don't see any of the final three with the strength to carry a prime Las Vegas restaurant, but next episode should be revealing. At first glance I picked Virginia but she seems emotionally fragile. Heather isn't consistent. Keith is a big doughboy who is just flying under the radar.

You gotta like a guy who can string together so many creative expletives.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
oh, i thought this thread, from its title, was about where my cousins grew up on the east coast

..not that simon cowell wannabe with a kitchen knife :)

iGary

Original poster
May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Curren~Sea said:
What a great show! Glad that I stumbled on this thread and started watching.

Right now I don't see any of the final three with the strength to carry a prime Las Vegas restaurant, but next episode should be revealing. At first glance I picked Virginia but she seems emotionally fragile. Heather isn't consistent. Keith is a big doughboy who is just flying under the radar.

You gotta like a guy who can string together so many creative expletives.

I love how he called Sarah a fat cow.

Click the YouTube link abohve for more of Ramsay at his best.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
Stuff he says borders on verbal and emotional abuse. I can see if he gets angry, because he cares, but yelling profusely and name-calling is totally out-of-line in any professional setting.

But Hell's Kitchen really does seem to raise the prestige on chefs and cooks.

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
iGary said:
Well I knew that Sarah would not "get it" directly, and as soon as Ramsay temporarily threw out Virginia's immunity, I knew something was up. There was no way Virginia would just give up like that.

I was thinking about this last night, and I wonder what would have happened if Heather had nominated Keith instead of Sarah as a show of good faith. Had this happened, would Ramsay have given Virginia the option, or would he have just kicked her to the curb? I tend to think he would have just sent her on her way, but that's just me.

spicyapple

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
I could never see Sara winning because her attitude and actions don't inspire respect from her underlings, if she were to win. In the end though, I think it'll go down between Heather and Keith.

Virginia is just too emotionally unstable and too prissy-pants for my taste.

AppleGuy08

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Im glad Sara got kicked out last night. I felt bad for her though because Ramsay was always calling her a big fat cow lol. But you ^^ were right. Virginia is too emotionally unstable and shed never be able to run the restaurant. Heather is a very efficient worker but i think she lacks the creative and artistic touch that keith has. GO KEITH!

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
If you guys think Gordon Ramsay is tough...

The news that Gordon Ramsay was once reduced to tears sounds unbelievable, but this, according to reports this week, is what Marco Pierre White will reveal in his forthcoming autobiography. Ramsay was on the receiving end of one of White's "bollockings" when he worked for him at Harvey's restaurant in Wandsworth, south London. "I don't recall what he'd done wrong but I yelled at him and he lost it." Ramsay, apparently, "crouched down in the corner of the kitchen, buried his head in his hands and started sobbing."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1834504,00.html

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Oh no! How did he pick Keith? Sure he wasn't as awesome as most other weeks, but he has the history to back it up! I think this is a complete mistake! Virginia has been up for elimination how many times?! I didn't think her overt flirting would fly for this long, but I guess I was mistaken...

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
spicyapple said:
I'm rooting for Virginia to win, because she is sweet and adorable.

Seriously? She may look adorable, but she sure doesn't seem too sweet. Perhaps you're confused by her feigned sexuality?

On a side note, Virginia is a salad chef. I hadn't realized such a thing existed, and I have a hard time believing that such a person is deserving to win Hell's Kitchen. She cannot handle working in the kitchen; she just can't. Last night she went from being confused in the kitchen, to doing a decent job on the pass (big surprise since Ramsey coached her on it earlier), to being confusued in the kitchen again. She just doesn't have what it takes. I mean, this is the woman who wasn't even sure she deserved to stay last week!

I think the decision to let Keith go was a terrible mistake, and that he was the best among the remaining players aside from a few personality traits.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.