The Official "New Year's Resolutions" Thread

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
OK, folks, does anyone want to go on record with their New Year's resolutions? Here are a few of mine to get the ball rolling:
  1. Kick this sinus infection (work already in progress).
  2. Consolidate most of my smaller IRAs and 401(k)s into one fund. I've managed to accumulate quite a few of these due to job changes over the past ten years and it's getting difficult to keep track of them.
  3. Drink more tea, less Dr. Pepper. (Parameters "more" and "less" left intentionally vague, to make this one easier to break.)
  4. Learn to play "Go".

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Here's mine.

1. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=102657

2. To convince senior colleagues to start moving over to InDesign

3. To see more of the UK (guilty of London-is-the-centre-of-the-world thinking, but my excuse is that I'm just a foreigner, anyway)

4. To get through & resolve some serious personal issues incl. major surgery...

5. Edit: Forgot this one & prob. the most important. To be debt-free by Xmas 2005.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
my goal for the next year is to eat healthier, be healthier and workout more

i have already kicked all caffeine out of my life, now to work on the High fructose corn syrup, which i know will never be gone, but hey i can try to elliminate it as much as possible

once things start warming up a tab bit more i plan on running in the mornings

i want to start eating better diet as well

i plan on also trying to break some old habits of mine such as procrastinating, i want to get things done, and be done with them, no more of this last minute crap for me, so those are my goals for the new year hopefully i will be able to make progress with them all

Jovian9

macrumors 68000
Feb 19, 2003
Planet Zebes
-Start exercising and eating right again......running in a marathon in May so I've taken the last 2 months off and been very bad with food.
-Drink less Dr. Pepper - this has been an ongoing resolution for about 6 years now (I'm down to 1 can a day now)
-Pay off credit cards
-Move to N.Y.
-Read more books

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Blue Velvet said:
Best wishes for this one most of all (and the same to anyone else facing health-related issues).

njmac

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
I have been talking about this for a long time and this is the year I resolve to start my own business

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Blue Velvet said:
Here's mine.

5. Edit: Forgot this one & prob. the most important. To be debt-free by Xmas 2005.
I wish you well Blue Velvet with resolving your personal issues and major surgery, my prayers are with you. Being debt free is also a great goal. ;)

Vector

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2002
iGAV said:
you'll all go blind I tell ya'!! blind!!! :eek: :p
Well, i think i have a while before that happens, the hair hasn't started to overtake my palms quite yet. :D

I have never made any formal new year's resolutions.

Spending some time away from the tv sounds like an interesting experiment, but with the new season of Alias starting on the 5th and a new season of Family Guy there is no way i could do it.

realityisterror

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2003
Snellville, GA
i'm going to pick up every coin i find in parking lots and whatnot. it's mostly just for the interest of finding out how much it can be, but i might give it all to a charity at the end of the year.. if it's actually a worth donation...
(i cheated and started yesterday. i've got 28¢)

reality

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
I intend to break as many resolutions as I can....

Seriously, I need to start my PhD, pass my 2nd dan Aikido black belt and spend more time with my family.

This, of course, means I shall be spending a lot less time worrying about work bullsh*t, a lot more time ignoring idiots and a huge amount of time laughing and getting off the floor.

It's all good.

Littleodie914

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Mine would be to figure out what the heck I'm gonna do with my life... Concerning college plans, what I wanna be/study, where I wanna move/live... Yikes! :eek: Oh... And to eat less fast food :D

(That last one's gonna be the kicker :p )

Blackstealth

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2003
Bradford, UK
1. Get a pay rise, enabling me to...
2. Crawl my way out of student debt, whilst...
3. Improving my fluency in Italian, allowing me to...
4. Scarper to a warmer climate on a permanent basis

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I never really make New Years Resolutions. Just try every day to be the best person that I can. Living up to what Christ expects is really important to me. It's the falling short that hurts.