The "Oh God, Here We Go Again about a 9/11 Conspiracy" Thread

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by PowerFullMac, Sep 29, 2008.

1. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Bush cheated to get into office in the first place, and probably planned 9/11, so I wouldnt put anything past him.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Oh come on!!! How can you seriously write that? Failing to stop something that tragic through incompetence is one thing, gleefully cheering it on to further a hidden agenda another.

3. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Have you watched Loose Change by any chance?

At least explain this for me.

4. Motley macrumors 6502

Oh god, not again!:rolleyes:

5. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

I believe they explained that using physics in a History Channel documentary. It destroyed all the stupid hypotheses that the conspiracy community has about September 11, 2001.

6. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

It destroys the fact that if the fire burnt the buildings down, it would be the first time in history, and that explosions where seen while it was exploding, and before (at the base), and it looked exactly like a controlled demolition, and jet fuel dosent even burn at a high enough temperature to melt steel?

Plus all the other evidence there is.

Answer this if you are so confident the conspiracy stuff is all crap. Go on.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

do you know anything about structures? with heat, metals tend to get more ductile and loses their structural integrity. doesnt have to melt stell to make the building fall down.....

9. Queso macrumors G4

My thoughts exactly, except for the god bit :D

10. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

How come there where many older buildings which had been burning longer, and even one which had a plane crashed into it, and they didnt collapse, then?

Also dont forget the steel used in the buildings where tested to a standard which meant they where completely fireproof for up to a huge amount of hours, and even normal steel would last a few hours.

What about the explosions seen while the building was falling? And how the news heard the explosions at the base before the buildings collapsed?

How come WTC7 was seen in the background when a reporter was saying it has collapsed? How would they get that info in advance?

Maybe, but where where the engines? How come there was a part that wasent even recognized? How come the explosion looked like a missile not the plane explosions caused by the jet fuel? How come almost all of the footage which would prove what the government say is the truth are hidden? Where are the marks on the ground?

11. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Wow this thread has way more propaganda than the average person can deal with. And they say the right spews a lot of crap.

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

hey you know gullible isnt written in the dictionary?

http://www.america.gov/st/pubs-english/2007/March/20070330134723abretnuh0.9919245.html

http://911research.wtc7.net/reviews/loose_change/index.html

http://photos.state.gov/galleries/usinfo-photo/39/Sept_11_Pentagon/1.html this link focuses all on the pentagon and loose changes bogus claims

13. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The first picture on the last link looks Photoshopped.

Regardless, it all comes down to the fact we could spend the rest of time providing each other with biased links, but we would never agree with each other about this.

There is plenty of evidence either way, and just because the film Loose Change made mistakes or you can provide a few photos, it dosent really prove anything.

I suppose the only guy that really knows for sure what happened on that day is Bush, and he aint gonna tell anyone, is he?

Therefore, we will never really know what happened for sure. Simple as that.

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i beg to differ. there is much more evidence supporting it not to be a conspiracy than evidence there is. if loose change is the best "evidence" you can dig up, then that is woefully inadequate. as far as proving, what else do you want? the links ive provided prove the claims in loose change are crap. meanwhile, you only provide the loose change video and then your opinion which was fed to you by that movie

why hasnt loose change released another video countering these claims? because they cant, pure and simple. as far as biased links, all the links ive provided just use the facts to prove loose change wrong. thats called being objective. loose change does a good job leaving out a lot of the story and fills it in with what they want it to be rather than what it really is.

and that photo photoshopped? you must be trying to find excuses to belive in that movie now lol

some people just like to believe in conspiracies...

15. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Please, let's not this thread turn into another rehash of the exhaustive 9/11 conspiracy thread.

Let's concentrate this thread on the latest conspiracy...and how aluminum foil has supplanted tin foil, even though aluminum is inferior in reflecting the alien/government thought reading waves.

16. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

There actually isn't plenty of evidence either way, and that's the problem. There is zero physical evidence that this was an inside job. There is thousands of tonnes of physical evidence that planes were flown into towers. The fact that the guy who made Loose Change doesn't even have a basic understanding of physics is kind of an indication he doesn't know what he's talking about. There are 345 instances of conjecture not supported by evidence, logical fallacies, and other errors of omission or research in the video. That's one error every 23 seconds!

And then, of course, you're alleging that one of the most incompetent administrations in American history, an administration incapable of outing Valerie Plame without it being blown wide open, of masterminding the greatest conspiracy that has ever existed? Only to be defeated by some youngster with a love of his own voice and a scrappy can-do attitude?

17. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

The nature of the evidence it was a inside job is a conspiracy, wherefore there will be no certain evidence, however there are a lot of unanswered questions.

Why are the video tapes that would prove the government's story about the pentagon where eight hidden from the public?

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

without certain evidence, you have no leg to stand on

those tapes are classified. how does it suprise you that there are classified documents pertaining to the largest attack on US soil since WW2

19. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

I was just about to post that link when I saw that you posted it. The only downside to these people who believe that 9/11 was a conspiracy is that even when presented with scientific evidence that provides 99% chance that it happened the way the government says it happened, they say there's still a chance that it was that way, and yet when asked to provide verifiable evidence they can't.

Once there is verifiable proof the the 9/11 conspiracy, I'll believe it. Until there is I will believe what I saw and what the government says.

20. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Just to clear this up, Loose Change is NOT my only evidence.

All you have to do is search Google for "9/11 conspiracy" and you will get many sites - and films, for that matter - supporting my opinion.

Whether you choose to believe whatever George Bush says or not is none of my business, but I watch the world with an open mind, and I certainly wont believe something when Bush - who cheated in the elections and started a war on Iraq with no evidence of weapons there - says.

Also, answer this, how come on the FBI's wanted poster for Bin Laden it dosent say anything about 9/11, and when asked why they said they had no evidence.

21. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Loose change isn't evidence, with nearly three errors for every minute of film. The very fact that films and sites like it have to grasp at such tiny straws is that there simply is no evidence.

Occam's razor. What is more likely: that a small group of men hijacked planes in one terrible attack, or that the machinations of a government that can't cover up a simple break-in at a hotel managed to silence thousands of people and engineer the greatest conspiracy to have ever occurred without a single person coming forward to speak up (except for a scrappy youngin' with a can-do attitude and Windows Moviemaker)?

What you're proposing is simply absurd, and no one has yet been able to supply any alternative explanation with fewer errors or omissions than the official story. It has nothing to do with being "open-minded", it has everything to do with a crippling lack of reason. The numerous lies of President Bush that you cite as motive are actually brilliant evidence in his own defense; each and every one of his administration's idiotic blunders have been revealed for what they are. You are attributing what would be one of the greatest conspiracy acts ever masterminded to an administration that can't even convincingly fake evidence for the Iraq war.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. With the thousands of rescue workings (including volunteers) not a single one thought to pick up or photograph anything suspicious? Are they all in on it too?

22. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Thats for the second cut, what about the final cut which uses all new content?

23. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

All I can say is that you truly do reside in your stated location.

24. PowerFullMac thread starter macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

Nope, I reside in the real world, whereas you, and others who have been arguing with me, live in a world where whatever the government say must me true.

25. Queso macrumors G4

You are David Icke and I claim my $10!!