The one food you'll eat. And eat. And eat.

tobefirst

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
So, yesterday I ran five miles. But I also ate a whole medium size bag of peanut butter M&Ms. And I thought about posting in the "Eating Healthy and Exercise" thread, but I didn't want to discourage those folks. :) So, here I am with a whole new thread with one simple question:

What is one food that you will eat and eat and eat until the point of almost throwing up?

Mine, as you can tell, is M&Ms. Love 'em. Can't stop eating them as long as they are in front of me. What's yours?

Reactions: adrianlondon

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
So, yesterday I ran five miles. But I also ate a whole medium size bag of peanut butter M&Ms. And I thought about posting in the "Eating Healthy and Exercise" thread, but I didn't want to discourage those folks. :) So, here I am with a whole new thread with one simple question:

What is one food that you will eat and eat and eat until the point of almost throwing up?

Mine, as you can tell, is M&Ms. Love 'em. Can't stop eating them as long as they are in front of me. What's yours?
I have to say nothing comes to mind. It would depend on my mood. But I'd not eat anything until the point of almost throwing up.

Reactions: citizenzen

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
Damn Oreo cookies, I can probably polish off a whole pack in one sitting. I always feel guilty and disgusted with myself afterwards.

Babu Life

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
California Burritos, they will be the death of me, even with working out 7 days a week

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Hmm... although I'm eating very healthy now, there are definitely some items that I would love to binge on...

Candy: Jelly Belly jellybeans, Chocolate, or Cherry Sours

Salty Snack: Pirate's Booty Aged White Cheddar Puffs, Beef Jerky, Chips and Queso (or Salsa or Black Bean Dip)

Restaurant Fare: Snuffer's cheese fries with bacon, chives, and jalapenos (I was so craving these this past weekend), anywhere with good pizza, or a great burger joint for a well made cheeseburger

Beverage: Soda, Coke or Dr. Pepper usually

Not eating this kind of stuff can be really tough. If I'm not careful I can be an emotional eater, convincing myself that I "deserve" to have that unhealthy, but awesome tasting treat. I'm allowing myself to have one cheat meal per week at this point and that has helped me stay faithful the rest of the time with my food plan.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
Taco Bell

I know it isn't good for me.
I know it isnt some fantastic form of mexican food if mexican food at all.
I know all of this and I just dont care.

I cant quit it.

Reactions: SkyBell

RobinInOR

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2014
Potato chips. If they are near they won't be for long.
Oh, and pistachios. Amazing how fast I can shell those things.
... must be craving salty stuff...
Now you've done it. Off to the machines to use my Apple Watch to pay for some chips. Dang....

Zenithal

macrumors G3
Sep 10, 2009
Popcorn for me. Light salt dusting (ground salt of course!), maybe some spice mixture dusted onto it. I've always enjoyed popcorn's texture. It's unique. It's also filling, but most importantly, it has a lot of fiber and that keeps my GP happy with me.

I love roasted and lightly salt dusted cashews. I prefer smaller varieties. They have a light sweetness that mingles well with the salt.

To be honest, I'll snack on anything if it tastes right and isn't too sweet. Long gone are the days where I'd snack on sweet snacks. My wife can attest to the great Liege Waffle Fiasco of 2005, when all I ate were homemade Liege waffles. Which also shot up my cholesterol.

popcorn.
Ended up at the hospital once. It's an addiction.
Really? How much did you eat? I typically pop about 40-50 grams in a go.

Last edited:

RootBeerMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 3, 2016
Oh, dear. SO many things I like to excess. Creamed chipped beef on toast. Jelly Belly Jelly Beans. Hostess Golden Cupcakes, (sadly they've become hard to find since the buyout). Lemon Icebox Pie. I'd eat a whole one and try to eat another right after. The Pecan Cobbler at Acme Oyster House in New Orleans. I'd eat that till I puked then order more.

Last edited: