The one thing the white Iphone 4 production tells me..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by los318, Mar 14, 2011.

1. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

..there wont be a redesign/larger screen for the Iphone 5. Otherwise...whats the point of bring out now, only 3 months shy of Iphone 5 announcement.

2. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Not true. They will introduce a white iPhone 5. They already have setup contracts with the manufacturer as well as streamlined the process for coating the pieces. The only thing that will change is they will be painting iPhone 5 parts.

This doesn't require any more research, testing, development, chemicals etc. All that is in place. Just changing the size or shape of what's being painted.

3. aldo82 macrumors regular

There are plenty of people that will buy a white iphone 4. If I were apple I'd introduce it a few months before the iphone 5, keeps the interest going in the iphone 4 and makes apple more money. See how many people bought a verizon iphone, some who already owned an at&t one, even though it was effectively an 8 month old phone. I reckon apple will make more money out of releasing a white iphone in the next month or two, than waiting till iphone 5 to do it.

4. iFiend macrumors 65816

I want to preface this by saying that I am not calling you a liar, but where did you get your information from? I am truly interested as I'd love to get an white iPhone 5! :D

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Everyone is an expert on MR :p

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

But at the same time if I just bought a white iPhone 4, I sure as hell ain't buying an iPhone 5 (probably at full price) in 3 months, so in most cases, they've lost an iPhone 5 sale.

7. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

While this may or may not be true, it does make sense. I don't really care if Apple redesigns it or not. Just because something is "redesigned", it doesn't mean it is better. Likes and dislikes of a design are based on opinions, so one design isn't better than another. I love the current iPhone design, so I wouldn't mind.

It seems likely that the design will stay relatively the same. I bet they'll change the antennae though.

8. los318 thread starter macrumors 6502

los318

yeah, i would hope an antenna redesign at least. If only internally would be fine with me. But honestly, i never had much trouble with my antenna but i know a lot of others did.

9. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

Based on past experience I expect them to sell the iPhone 4 as the 'cheaper model' until June of 2012.

So that'd be 13 or 14 months of selling a white iPhone 4.

Certainly long enough to make it worth it.

10. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

true but from the past they've only done those models in black

11. TimShady macrumors member

Phil Schiller said the white iPhone will be available this Spring. He didn't specify in was an iPhone 4 but you really think the iPhone 5 will not only be announced, but available in Spring? Yeah right.

12. k3roro macrumors 6502

It used to be a lot easier to speculate when the new iPhone will come out, one version every single summer.

Now with the iPhone 4 Verizon in February and this white iPhone in the spring, my confidence in an iPhone 5 being out in the summer is deteriorating =(

13. Voondebah macrumors member

I think Apple is fine selling you an older design now for the same price as the new one later :p. It's not like you were going to buy both of them in any instance, so why not have you buy the model that likely carries a higher profit margin?

14. screensaver400 macrumors 6502a

When does Spring officially end... June 20, right? Heck, Spring doesn't even start until March 20.

iPhone 3GS was announced on June 8 and available for purchase on June 19.
    iPhone 4 was announced on June 7 and available for purchase June 24.

It's entirely possible that an iPhone 5, with a white version, could be available this Spring.

15. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

There are many people that are still buying iPhone 4's. Not everyone browses MR you know:p. To those people a white iPhone might be appealing and more revenue for Apple.