Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ceruleanventure

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
You helpful folks here at macrumors wanted an update so here it is. To anyone new to the scene, here's a link to the drama: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/215736/

So today I took my imac back to the Apple Store for the fourth time. After waiting in line, I asked to speak to a manager, which I was told there wasn't one. Blah. I then asked for the mac genius I had in the past, and fortunately he was there. After turning on the imac (which didn't boot up) he believed me that it was broken. Unfortunately, he didn't know what was wrong with it. So he suggested another motherboard replacement (my third one :rolleyes: He told me, he honostly didn't know what was wrong with it and he'll call me next week. My questions concerning a replacement, refund, temp machine were either ignored or given a negative response. Thank you for all your suggestions, but I didn't get anywhere with them and I was quite serious when I asked them (I didn't throw a fit because I'm not that type of person) Anyways, if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it :eek:

cherry38

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2006
ceruleanventure said:
Anyways, if anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it :eek:

Do they have the iMac or do you? If you still have it, I would call and find out when a manager will be there. I don't think a genius has the authority to do anything but repair (not positive), so you probably can't get anything accomplished unless a manager is there.

If they have it, you could call and ask to speak to a manager, explain the situation, etc. I know my local Apple Store refuses to talk "support" over the phone, but maybe yours will if they have the iMac with them.

Don't lose hope! Persistence is often key.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.