the only anti war candidate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Aug 2, 2019.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

of course the democrat neocons don't want anything to do with her.

2. JagdTiger macrumors 6502

JagdTiger

These are paid propagandists, these interviews are done on purpose to create stress and ruin candidates chances on becoming president unfortunately no woman will get into the Oval Office this election time.

3. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

US network news is a bigger threat to our democracy than anything Russia is trying to pull off.

Dictators would love to have news networks as complicit as ours.

4. dannyyankou macrumors G3

dannyyankou

People are literally calling Tulsi a Russian agent. It’s unbelievable, there’s a reason she was the most searched candidate during both of her debates.

5. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I wonder how much the left controlled media will go after her for her gay conversion therapy family background regardless of where she is with that now. On one hand it would outrage the far left who think people are incapable of change ever, but on the other hand that background might appeal to the religious right. I'm sure this is making the DNC's head spin as they are completely void of conviction and only care about winning.

6. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

The religious right isn’t voting for the Democratic nominee, so it;’s not a constituency they really need to worry about. But, more importantly, the DNC has no reason to go after Gabbard. She’s at 1% and isn’t getting anywhere near the nomination. I think that she’s terrible, but going after her only gives her more attention than she deserves.

7. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

tell that to the DNC, they are obviously going after her with their propaganda machine

8. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Perhaps she and Moscow Mitch should get together....

9. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

I believe you've made this type of non specific statement about her in other threads. What's your issues?

As far as the right not voting for her, I'm only mentioning this in regards to the DNC's 2016 tactic, that I see mostly hasn't changed, to try to win over Republicans at the cost of their traditional base.

10. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

DNC propaganda

11. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

12. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

13. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

I’ve addressed my problems with her repeatedly in multiple threads, but out of a field of 20+ Democratic candidates, I think we can do better than pick the one who believes that members of the LGBTQ community are not “normal” and should be converted to heterosexuality. On top of that, her dalliances with both Assad and Trump are similarly disqualifying.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2019 ---
    That hit piece lost me when they complained that she’s “getting the Ron Paul treatment,” as if that’s a problem. If anything, Ron Paul received far too little scrutiny and denunciation for his decade of publishing racist material under this name.

14. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

Talk about missing the forest for the trees. In both cases.

15. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

Democrats have plenty of candidates. I don’t care what other policies she promotes. We should pick one who is not an admitted bigot.

16. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Fair reasons, I agree someone should question her about that particular article with a vague statement written by the article author that doesn't include a direct quote.

Here is my question - what would it take for Tulsi to do to change your mind and that she isn't homophobic, she doesn't support conversion therapy, etc.?

Or does she not get redemption?

17. RichardMZhlubb Contributor

RichardMZhlubb

There are enough better candidates that I don’t need to take the risk that any claimed redemption is legitimate.

18. Dmunjal macrumors 65816

She has a perfect voting record on LGBT issues. Her beliefs stemmed from her conservative upbringing which she has denounced years ago.

Why do we criticize someone for their beliefs when they were young and not criticize past presidents for their beliefs in their 40s?

I bet that Tulsi supported gay marriage long before Obama or Hillary did.

19. jerwin macrumors 68020

From June of 2017.

How Russia Targets the U.S. Military
    With hacks, pro-Putin trolls and fake news, the Kremlin is ratcheting up its efforts to turn American servicemembers and veterans into a fifth column.

20. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Well at least you admit in later posts that you’re not open to more recent evidence to the contrary of your beliefs about her past or the full picture of her dealings with Trump and Assad. That’s your right. I just wish people would say “I solidified my opinion in [insert date here] and there’s no changing it.”

21. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

just saw an LGBT group support her over Harris.
    plenty want Hillary 2.0 and it shows......

22. jerwin macrumors 68020

Working with my father, Mike Gabbard, and others to pass a constitutional amendment to protect traditional marriage, I learned that real leaders are willing to make personal sacrifices for the common good. I will bring that attitude of public service to the legislature.

--Tulsi Gabbard, 2002.

23. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

Honestly, JK...do you like her because she's attractive?

24. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

@NT1440 and myself are pretty anti war, I know her flawed views on the 2nd and the scam of climate change and I am willing to take a chance on those IF it means we could end the stupid never ending wars we are in. it's sexist to imply me liking her is just for her looks although I know you did not mean it that way. she could look like Rosie O'donnel and if she pushed for less war she would get my vote.

25. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

Because she is still 19 years old.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 2, 2019 ---
    With all the other distraction noise I really wasn’t aware of how big of a concern our pointless endless wars is to people, but I’ve read a surprising amount of those on the right and conservatives post “I’m willing to overlook…” based on her antiwar stance. It gives me a warm feeling.

I know this may seem a little Aztec, or Mayan, or whatever, but I am of the opinion that before a head of state can declare war completely unprovoked they must first toss one of their offspring into a volcano. Lead the sacrifice they are asking so many others to make. Or sit down and shut their pie hole.