The only thing Ping does is post when you buy a song or go to an event?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by DaSal, Sep 2, 2010.

1. DaSal macrumors regular

I've been trying Ping out for a while, and I wanted to send something like "This is my favorite song of the week!" out there, but I can't find an option like that anywhere? It only shows the stuff you buy? That seems kind of pointless...

2. genshi macrumors 6502a

genshi

You can... when you see a song that you like and want to say something about it, you can click on either "Like" or "Post" and then write a comment about it. You do this by clicking on the drop down menu next to the price/buy button (where you are able to add to your Wish List; now you can also Like and Post it as well.)

Attached Files:

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I think Ping is more of a advertisement/promotional thing to get users to buy more iTunes content rather than something else.

4. Brinkman macrumors 6502

Brinkman

Columbo right here lol.

Rarely do I buy music from iTunes, I'd rather have the physical disc and rip the songs myself, but for rare album, I go to iTunes. With that said, I'll use Ping to stay up to date with bands. If all the bands I like jump on Ping then it will make Facebook less cluttered.

Up to the minute reports on tours/album releases and what not is fine with me.