"The only way we can lose, in my opinion, I really mean this, Pennsylvania, is if cheating goes on.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jnpy!$4g3cwk, Aug 13, 2016.

1. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

The horrors continue. What if the 20% of the population that are Trump true believers actually believe things like this? This may be the most irresponsible thing Trump has said yet. (Oh, and, I saw the newsbite. Yes, Trump really did say this.)

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...n-cheating-cheat-voter-id-fraud-system-rigged

2. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

He cares so little about the effects of what he says that makes him very dangerous.

3. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yeah. The effect on me is that I'm thinking of digging up a lot of Revolutionary War voters from my local cemetery and sending them around to the polls twice each in November. They did not die to put this mofo in charge of what we beat out King George III for, and that's a fact.

4. citizenzen macrumors 65816

To be fair, stealing votes through electronic voting machines has been a popular liberal concern for years.

5. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Yep I do have that fear too. See that's exactly what comes from the old days of digging up voters and sending them around to the polls to pull down those metallic levers twice each. "It takes one to know one."

6. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well fear not, Donald has decided to send observers to the polls. Not that he would want anyone to feel intimidated by having Trump volunteers at or in the polling places...

Excerpt:

Since 1982, the Republican National Committee has operated under a consent decree handed down by the Supreme Court that prevents the party from engaging in some voter-fraud prevention efforts without court consent.

But that does not apply to campaigns, said Edward Foley, an election law professor at Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law.

“Simple observation is legal, but the observation can’t cross the line into intimidation,” Foley said.

While campaigns soliciting volunteers to become election observers is not unusual, Trump’s record of divisive rhetoric raises the specter of voter intimidation, with his calls for volunteers to appear at polling sites on election day. Trump’s supporters have clashed repeatedly with protesters at his rallies since he began campaigning last summer.
    Well this season could get even more interesting than it already is. Trump is the gift that keeps on giving (headaches) to the honchos of the Republican Party. They're already under suspicion for having minority voter suppression in mind for 2016. Now comes Trump suggesting that some of the country's most vociferous xenophobes, racists, misogynists and general bigots should not only turn out for the vote but turn up as pollwatchers to make sure you understand that The Donald Is Watching.

Priebus: "how long, oh lord."

@bradl: "one more day, hey. "

(did i get that right, is it Monday they're officially stuck with Trump on the ballot?)

7. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Excatly. This is the point I am trying to make to Trump supporters. Their support is misguided. Trump is a person who plows through life like a bull in a china shop without any thought whatsoever to the consequences of his actions or statements. He only cares about himself. He is absolutely oblivious to any long term damage he may cause..he doesn't even care. His divisive rhetoric could be the incubator for something much worse later on. It's not good to fan the flames...you just might get things too hot and cause a runaway chain reaction.

8. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

This man is insane. The latest polls in Pennsylvania show Clinton so far ahead she doesn't need to cheat. How can he even pretend this?

At least he said, "I really mean it, I really believe it." He can't back down later by saying he was just joking.

9. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

"sure I can, I tell you this, when it comes to backing, and I've beed an expert in baking down since, I'll make America back down great again......"

10. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I honest to god wish the RNC had a rule allowing it to force Trump to undergo a psychiatric exam to be declared fit to run. He'd fail big time. You'd never see such big failure. You'd be tired with all the failing. Believe me.

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

12. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

What no one has realized yet is that the orange buffoon isn't running for president; he thinks he's on another season of that ridiculous "reality" show of his.

13. rdowns, Aug 14, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2016

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Not content with bubbling up racist, bigoted and nationalistic behaviors, now he's set his sights on trying to delegitimize our elections.

14. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

The man who cries wolf continuously is not qualified to be POTUS. I forget, in the story, The Boy Who Cried Wolf, did the boy say, I was being sarcastic? ;)

15. samcraig macrumors P6

It couldn't possibly be because people don't want a lunatic like Trump in the white house...

16. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

We desperately need to have both President and voter competency exams. :oops:

17. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

How ****ing uninformed and clueless is this guy?

Every polling station and election office, at least in my area, are always staffed by bipartisan teams. When you check in and check out, there's both a republican and a democrat who check you off on their lists.

Voter fraud is nearly non-existent.

18. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

If the GOP had to pass physiological tests there would not be a GOP.

19. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

I'm sure he will just say he was joking about really meaning it. I guess when you get right down to it, that is the only thing he has been honest about....his campaign actually is one big joke.

So clueless that he insisted that CNN turned the camera off on his rally when he criticized them. They did not. Either clueless or blatant liar, take your pick.

20. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

NO, NO IT'S REEAALLLLLLLL!
    Seriously as a Republican, I'd be much more worried about infastructional, technology enabled vote tallies, but voter suppression is the real prize we seek.

21. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Both.

He is completely clueless to how the process works.

He is also a blatant liar. And this crying about cheating is just him trying to set up an excuse to pad his more-fragile-than-fine-china ego when he gets thoroughly annihilated in November.

It's like kindergarten all over again. MOMMMMY!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T LOSE!!! THE OTHER KID CHEATED!!!

22. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Permit me to dig out an internet oldie but goodie:

[​IMG]

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Even in the boondocks the pollworkers are bipartisan and it works like you said at the polling places. "Red" or "bliue" district doesn't mean the other party is extinct, just not dominant.
    --- Post Merged, Aug 14, 2016 ---
    In our dreams! It's pretty clear now they're just going to cut this guy loose as far as money to support campaign activities, give it to Senate race candidates in September, October. Let him drift on, try to keep him out of sensitive states where the downdraft to Senate or critical House races could be a problem. They can't potty train him, what else can they do.

Sure Trump won the primaries but the RNC honchos knew what was happening by time the convention rolled into Cleveland. If there was ever a time for a party machine to steamroll a voter bloc and a candidate, there it was. Yet these paralyzed leaders hemmed and hawed over niceties. They don’t hem and haw over niceties in the House or Senate so maybe they need to rethink how genteel they want their chair to be at the RNC.

Sometimes a party has to save itself from the attentions of its own members. So yes, 13 million votes he won, very nice. Only 52 million short of a tie in the general election. Are you kidding me? Donald Trump peaked so far back it's hard to remember.

I wonder if RNC even hopes he'll finesse the debates somehow. He's such a hazard to the GOP every time he departs the talking points they give him. Trump could say something in the debates that leaves Republican voters gasping for air. People say it would finish his candidacy to skip the debates. Well maybe showing up would put paid to the race right there. Now it's too late to put up a different ticket. He’s their guy even if they ignore him. How do you ignore a millstone around your neck.

And see, bottom line Trump does not care about any of this stuff except to make himself feel he won.

"That debate was rigged, you could tell right away, right away. I had the best ideas."

Has he banned the news organizations whose reps are doing the moderation yet?

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I stand by what I mentioned earlier -- that even as the Democrats are reforming the superdelegate system to (at least partially) remove their thumbs from the scale, the Republicans would be wise to adopt a more powerful superdelegate system in order to ensure they can freeze out any lunatic that tries to run again.

25. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree. Republicans definitely need to figure out how to temper their base, so that more moderate candidates stand a chance. The Tea Party mentality of burning down the government isn't a winning strategy.