The Perils of Public Speaking

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Plutonius, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm not sure why but Nancy Pelosi has had a very tough time during her recent speaking engagements.

In the latest one, she referred to governor Kasich of Illinois and talked about Martin Luther Sing. There were other glaring speaking mistakes listed in the article and I'm wondering if she is having health issues, opponents are just paying more attention to her speeches, or there are issues with the teleprompter.

2. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I guess now that HRC is out out of the scene, you need to find the next next person to slap this label on.

This is the National Enquirer side of PRSI ... Are These Nancy Pelosi's Final Days!? :eek:

Personally, I think Jan Brewer is a better choice. She looks closer to death, and has had worse public speaking issues. Or there's Rick Perry, who couldn't remember the name of the department he now heads. Or Gary Johnson, who couldn't answer what Aleppo was.

3. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I never saw these stories about her till recently. If you read the article, you will see that she has been having difficulties recently.

Is it your contention that this is just fabricated news to bring her down ?

4. zin macrumors 6502

What has she actually accomplished during her time in Congress?

5. samcraig macrumors P6

No idea. But are you sharing the same concern over Trump and his administration for their health (mental and physical) issues? Or just the Dems. Asking for a friend.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Is it breaking news that as people age they have more difficulty performing as they once did?

7. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

I'm just discussing a story I read. Post a similar story on Trump and his administration and I'll comment on it after reading the article.

Do you think this is this just fabricated news to hurt Nancy Pelosi ?

Not at all. I just think it's strange that her public speaking problems seemed to start this year.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 23, 2017 ---
    I think this applies to most of the people in Congress :).

8. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

It could be anything.

1. Plain old senior moments.
    2. Beginning of a serious illness.
    3. No big deal, she repeated words. Trump does that all the time. A lot of people do.
    4. Brain farts.

9. Plutonius thread starter macrumors 603

Plutonius

Isn't she using a teleprompter and why is this only reported starting this year ?

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

She's probably using a teleprompter. And the only two reasons I could thing of to answer why is this only being reported this year: 1. Its something new. 2. Someone has an agenda that they didn't have last year.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Well she's been in Congress for 29 years, so she's put herself in a position where no one actually expects results, so she has that going for her.

12. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

5. Alcoholism.

13. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

She's old, so it's not surprising. she probably should be out of there before she gets dementia.

14. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

I really think there should be an age limit.

15. chown33 macrumors 604

Agreed. No one over the age of 12.

Oh wait...

16. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Recently? Anyone paying attention has known her to be a dumspter fire of a speaker.

17. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Trump just finished his CPAC speech. "We will make the tax code much more fair for the people and the business."