The phone that got shelved?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mubo, Aug 6, 2012.

1. mubo macrumors regular

Just another thought, but wasn't there a rumor of an iphone(5) that was shelved last year and the 4s came out instead due to a few issues?
    Could this not be the bits we are seeing?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

This "rumor" was just the imagination of some who were disappointed with the 4s and wanted to rationalize it
    There was never any real substance to the rumor
    And there were no "issues"

Rushing the 4s to cover for a botched phone is something that would be relatively impossible on such short notice

3. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

Is it September 12th already?!?!?!? The suspense, the debate... is killing me. I wanna know. IS IT this taller phone? Is it something we haven't seen? Is there going to be an iPad Mini? How much will it cost?

The biggest thing I wanna know right now...

How will the crowd at the keynote react when Tim Cook unveils the next iPhone? What will the reaction be if it is the "taller" iPhone? What will it be if it is something we haven't seen?

4. party macrumors member

My guess is that they were working on the new iPhone last year. But it wasn't approved because it was not "good enough". But they didn't want to have a year of gap so they released 4S which had the done parts for the new iPhone. (like the better camera and Siri in beta etc.)

That is also why I anticipate the new iPhone so much - they worked on it for 2 years. Also by this guess, it would prove the SJ involvement correct.

5. kyellowness macrumors regular

So many news and rumors over ONE phone.. and when that phone finally comes out.. time to wonder about the next one... and then the next... it's a vicious cycle all right..

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I have to agree with this. Myself and a lot of others had hoped, with the serious competition that had surfaced by last year, that Apple would get off this 2 year cycle for new phones and release a gang-buster last year.

Not to be. Nor this year it seems.

7. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Listen to rumors
    Discuss rumors
    Get excited about rumors
    Debate rumors with passion

NEVER EVER BELIEVE AND PUT HOPE IN RUMORS.

8. bri1212 macrumors 6502

I think that is just your wishful thinking talking. We got the phone that they were making for last year. All the rumors and inuendo were misleads and lies. I also tend to believe more than half of the rumors we have heard for this phone are misleads and lies too.