The Power of the Consumer & MR Buyer's Guide

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bottleneck, May 4, 2012.

1. bottleneck macrumors member

If all people checked the colors in the Buyer's Guide Apple, they wouldn't sell a single computer. No pricing adjustments on old products & no information about new ones. This behaviour differs Apple from other companys.

The market doesn't play anymore.

As customers we should really hold us back with buying apple products, if they are at the end of the cycle. It's all about supply and demand. But as long as customers buy old overpriced products their buinsnessplan works.

If people wouldn't replace their fully functional iPad or iPhone everytime Apple launches a new gadget, they would probably focus more on the professional market and its needs and demands. But as long as they make 3/4 of the money with those two products, who can blame them.

Let the *****torm or ignoring beginn.

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

Most poeple buy things when they need them.

I just bought a car that's about to get a total redesign. I needed a car now, not a year from now.

3. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I'm really not sure what your point is. So new products are around the corner for Apple computers and Apple hasn't lowered the price on their current models.... So? What's the point? It's their prerogative to price their computers how they want to. If I needed a new laptop/desktop right now, I would buy one. Since I don't need one right now, but want to upgrade I will wait (I should have purchased the Mid-Mini instead of the base, so I will upgrade when the new Mid-Mini comes out). Same with when I ordered an iPhone 4S, I had a usable Motorola Droid X and could have upgraded to the iPhone 4 in early last summer, but decided to wait for the 4S to upgrade since I didn't NEED to upgrade. Had I broken my Droid X (which I wanted to several times), I would have been happy with the iPhone 4, but again I didn't NEED to upgrade.

Basically, summarizing, if you need (i.e. you dropped your laptop and it shattered into a million pieces) a new Apple computer, you can buy what is currently out even though they are all 2011 models. If you don't need one, then wait until the new model.

So what's the point of this thread?

4. RedCroissant Suspended

Just because something is near or at the end of it's production cycle does not mean that it's a bad idea to buy it. My and my wife's iMacs were technically at the end of their cycles and we still bought them and haven't regretted it since.

Some people want to upgrade every cycle or demand to be informed when products will be updated. This who do upgrade every cycle only see and experience incremental upgrades while those that wait(like another poster mentioned) experience it differently. Personally, I prefer to upgrade when I need it and when I will experience some sort of difference over my previous or current model.

When I got my iMac, I moved from a Gateway tower and Vista that had to be reinstalled 3 times and wouldn't even run XP properly. Hence the iMac was awesomeness in a box. My wife upgraded to her iMac after using a base model Asus tower that she got from BestBuy with XP and 256MB RAM.

So when I got a new computer recently, I got a 15"MBP that is a noticeable upgrade over my 20" 2009 iMac.

My wife just got an iPhone which is also a noticeable upgrade over her Pantech messaging phone.

This is just a longer way of stating that I don't care if I buy something from Apple that's near the end of its production cycle and nor do I care whether or not Apple notifies the public or adjusts its prices based on general public's understanding of outdated technology. I just want something awesome at a good price that will last. So far, everything that I have purchased from Apple has fit that description.